REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Bar None Night Club staff attacks guest (https://www.revscene.net/forums/680953-bar-none-night-club-staff-attacks-guest.html)

Gh0stRider 02-25-2013 01:41 PM

Bar None Night Club staff attacks guest

Global BC | Woman injured after fight involving staff in Vancouver nightclub: police

Vancouver police are investigating after a soon-to-be bride was injured in a fight during her bachelorette party at a downtown nightclub Saturday night.

Police say the 29-year-old woman was at Bar None NightClub in Yaletown when she became involved in a fight inside the bar.

When police arrived at the scene they found the Mission woman suffering from cuts to her face and leg.

In a Facebook post, a person claiming to be a friend of the victim posted a picture of her wounds.

The post says the victim was attacked by a waitress of the club unprovoked and was dragged by bouncers out of the club just three weeks before her wedding.

Police have not confirmed any of the details on Facebook, but did say there was another group involved in the fight, as well as bar staff.

“We do know that there was another group involved, other than the victim and bar staff,” says VPD spokesperson Randy Fincham. “It is important that these people come forward and tell their side of the story.”

No charges have been laid and the investigation is ongoing. In a Facebook post, Bar None Nightclub said the incident is being reviewed by the police and they club takes the safety of patrons very seriously.

The Facebook post had almost 4,000 shares and likes by Monday afternoon.

pics of injuries

taken off fb

Quote:

"Well lastnight we celebrated my Bachelorette Party! What started off as an amazing night with all my closest girlfriends turned into me getting viciously attacked by a waitress Bar None Nightclub. What kind of establishment has people working there who attack customers for no reason at all. I had not made eye contact nor spoke one word to her when she grabbed me from behind and threw me across a table and brutally attacked me leaving me with a concussion, cuts and bruises all over my body oh and not to mention the nice stitches across my forehead!! I was then dragged (and I mean literally dragged) out of the club by bouncers with blood gushing out of my head as if I was some punk starting fights and they acted as if what the girl had done was no big deal. What a great thing to happen 3 weeks before your getting married! Apparently this isnt the first time something like this has happened there, Ive already been told by other people that they know someone who had issues there and potentially with the same girl! Please share what happened to me and if you know someone who had an issue at this place contact me! I will be pressing charges so any extra info or witnesses would be great. A huge thank you to everyone who was by my side lastnight while I went through this I have some amazing friends and family ♥"

Matlock 02-25-2013 01:47 PM

Unprovoked? Something certainly must have made the waitress snap.

GabAlmighty 02-25-2013 01:50 PM

The last part where she mentions other people having had the same "issue" with possibly the same waitress kinda makes you wonder.

GLOW 02-25-2013 01:50 PM

will be interesting to hear more as the story unfolds

Gh0stRider 02-25-2013 01:55 PM

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/556/4936340244.png

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/556/6040035849.png

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/556/3971975185.png

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/556/1619587176.png

Quote:

STAGETTE ENDS WITH BAR ROOM BRAWL

February 25, 2013
Vancouver police are investigating a weekend bar fight that sent one would-be-bride to the hospital with injuries.

Around 11:45 on February 23rd, police responded to the Bar None Night Club located in the 1200 Block of Hamilton Street. When they arrived, they found a 29 year old Mission woman suffering from cuts to her head and leg.

It appears that the woman was involved in an altercation inside the bar with two different groups of people. Police are working to identify all the people involved in the fight and will be reviewing video to establish what exactly went on inside the club.

“We do know that there was another group involved, other than the victim and bar staff,” says VPD spokesperson Randy Fincham. “It is important that these people come forward and tell their side of the story.”

There have been no charges laid in the case and the investigation is on-going.

Anyone that has information about this fight and has not yet spoken to police are asked to call the Vancouver Police Department or Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 222-8477.
Stagette Ends With Bar Room Brawl | Vancouver Police Department

parm104 02-25-2013 02:03 PM

Honestly, I can't say how things are in other cities but in Vancouver, these Bar Management Companies and their monopoly over the city's nightlife venues makes them immune to a lot of things. Donnely Group and JR group continue to run establishments with poor service, lack of accountability and undesirable standards.

I don't know what happened in this particular situation so I'm not going to comment on it. Truthfully, when I see someone get injured at a club or in a fight in a club, I write them off as the faulty party because I've never once been in a situation where I've gotten into an altercation at a club, so why them? Of course, that's just my opinion and it may not be the truth in point.

The easy solution would be "if you don't like it, don't go there" and I honestly, don't go tho these establishments that often anymore. Maybe it's because of my age or perhaps I've grown out of it but I would rather go to a local lounge/bar than a nightclub in Vancouver simply because of the quality and service. I don't see the logic behind standing in a line or paying extra just to get into a building with music and drinks, only to be treated like shit. Bouncers, bartenders and management staff all sit on a high horse at these establishments and there is little to no accountability for incidents that occur.

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to express my views on these establishments. Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion/the way I see things, not necessarily the TRUTH.

GLOW 02-25-2013 02:10 PM

their responses sounds a lot like:

dhari 02-25-2013 02:17 PM

I assume the bride-to-be was drunk and doesn't remember saying/starting shit with people. OR someone in her group started shit with someone.

Also, you can't blame the bouncers for kicking her out( I assume all parties involved were kicked out) because they don't want other customers witnessing people fighting and risking more injuries.

I used to hate bouncers but as I grow older I realize if people don't want trouble they shouldn't go to these establishments.

Spoon 02-25-2013 02:19 PM

Journalists must have it pretty easy nowadays. All their sources are from social media now. :facepalm:

dachinesedude 02-25-2013 02:53 PM

fights happen at these places all the time, whats the big deal? being a "bride to be" shouldnt be a get out of jail for free card

we'll see what donelly group has to say

PJ 02-25-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8169630)
Donnely Group and JR group continue to run establishments with poor service, lack of accountability and undesirable standards.
Truthfully, when I see someone get injured at a club or in a fight in a club, I write them off as the faulty party because I've never once been in a situation where I've gotten into an altercation at a club, so why them?
The easy solution would be "if you don't like it, don't go there" and I honestly, don't go tho these establishments that often anymore.
Bouncers, bartenders and management staff all sit on a high horse at these establishments and there is little to no accountability for incidents that occur.

Ehh, despite your humble opinion justification, I think this is pretty close to the truth.

Club fights are almost always induced by ego issues amplified by alcohol, and I don't expect this particular fight to be any different.

To address the highlighted point, sometimes(usually) they really do happen over something miniscule and petty. One time when I was out, some alpha-male-douchebag broke my friend's cheekbone because he accidentally shoulder checked him. In a fucking crowded room full of people, it's bound to happen. Sometimes that's all it takes. My friend didn't press charges, though I don't see why not. People have to learn that there'll be consequences if you wanna go out and act like a fucktard. I almost wish he hit me instead, so I could sue the shit out of him. Go ahead, call me a bitch. Excuse the language, but it took every ounce of my willpower to attend to my friend rather than fighting back and making things worse.

This is why I rarely go out to clubs anymore as well. More often than not, you're in a room full of man-children. That's including most of the staff.

Side note: her stitches are friggin gnarly.

spideyv2 02-25-2013 03:11 PM

lol I know who 'Leland Dieno' is...not even his real first name

Anyway, no one gets beat up by staff members just like that. Something had had to of happened to trigger that.

kwy 02-25-2013 03:18 PM

I smell all kinds of bullshit. And fuck clubs.

adambomb 02-25-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 8169641)
Journalists must have it pretty easy nowadays. All their sources are from social media now. :facepalm:

Countless times i've seen "Breaking News" on RS. Only to see the same info posted in an article published by the local news 2 days later.

parm104 02-25-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJ (Post 8169675)
Ehh, despite your humble opinion justification, I think this is pretty close to the truth.

Club fights are almost always induced by ego issues amplified by alcohol, and I don't expect this particular fight to be any different.

To address the highlighted point, sometimes(usually) they really do happen over something miniscule and petty. One time when I was out, some alpha-male-douchebag broke my friend's cheekbone because he accidentally shoulder checked him. In a fucking crowded room full of people, it's bound to happen. Sometimes that's all it takes. My friend didn't press charges, though I don't see why not. People have to learn that there'll be consequences if you wanna go out and act like a fucktard. I almost wish he hit me instead, so I could sue the shit out of him. Go ahead, call me a bitch. Excuse the language, but it took every ounce of my willpower to attend to my friend rather than fighting back and making things worse.

This is why I rarely go out to clubs anymore as well. More often than not, you're in a room full of man-children. That's including most of the staff.

Side note: her stitches are friggin gnarly.

You're exactly right PJ...it's circular. Bar Employees (males) are showing their feathers and likewise tough-guys are trying to do the same and attempting to be alpha. I could care less what happens to these people. They put themselves into these positions and have no one else to blame but themselves.

white rocket 02-25-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8169718)
Bar Employees (males) are showing their feathers and likewise tough-guys are trying to do the same and attempting to be alpha. I could care less what happens to these people. They put themselves into these positions and have no one else to blame but themselves.

Completely agree. It always is and will always be ego fueled by alcohol. Always. Trouble follows people that look for it then they cry wolf when it finds them. It creates such a shitty vibe at clubs nowadays.

drunkrussian 02-25-2013 05:46 PM

normally I wouldn't believe the unprovoked thing. But after my experience in granville room where a stressed waitress who was having a hard time with our bill said 'is there a problem' and 'back off' and 'I'm gonna bounce you outta here' after we politely asked if we can help with the bill... I think anything is possible
Posted via RS Mobile

Manic! 02-25-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8169686)
lol I know who 'Leland Dieno' is...not even his real first name

Anyway, no one gets beat up by staff members just like that. Something had had to of happened to trigger that.

It happens. I Nanaimo there was a guy who got punched out because he touched a pool ball. by anther customer. The bouncers then garbed him and tossed him out. he broke his neck and died. The same place was also being sued for beating up a customer.

dohboi 02-25-2013 06:03 PM

Waitress didn't provoke it. I was at the table next to them.

Everymans 02-25-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dohboi (Post 8169814)

go on.

Gridlock 02-25-2013 06:21 PM

Between: slutty bishes that think they are better than anyone else, rude wait staff, bar men and bouncers, redonk prices for drinks, same overplayed and over processed shit music at high volume done in a shitty remix, wanna be gangsters, real gangsters, douche bags, wanna be douchebags, over-priced cover, dirty establishments and the occasional-but not occasional enough for my liking amount of people that die at clubs-I accept that I am old, and never want to go "clubbing" again in Van.

Ludepower 02-25-2013 06:36 PM

a bar fight in a bar??? nooo waayyyyyy

drunkrussian 02-25-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8169834)
Between: slutty bishes that think they are better than anyone else, rude wait staff, bar men and bouncers, redonk prices for drinks, same overplayed and over processed shit music at high volume done in a shitty remix, wanna be gangsters, real gangsters, douche bags, wanna be douchebags, over-priced cover, dirty establishments and the occasional-but not occasional enough for my liking amount of people that die at clubs-I accept that I am old, and never want to go "clubbing" again in Van.

lol i wanna know more about these 'wannabe douchebags'

Ch28 02-25-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

The details are over-fucking-whelming.

jimmyrustler 02-25-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

its true. i was bottle service