REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

How to change turn signal into parking lights and turn signal

I want to add switchback leds so that when my turn signals are on they flash amber and when they are not on they should act as parking/running lights and illuminate bright white.

It is a 7440A bulb and has only 2 wires going to the socket. And only work when the turn signal is operated.

Does any one know of what wire to splice to what wire? Or if there is such a plug and play module out there?

TIA
Advertisement

Last edited by raj91; 02-28-2013 at 12:45 AM.
raj91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but do you have actual switchback LED's?

They're plug and play. Only mod you need to do is add load resistors to prevent hyperblinking.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I think OP's car signal light is just signal light and he wants to convert it to a dual purpose light thus 7443.

it's not hard but google it up, you basiclly need either a new 7443 socket or modify the 7440 socket to have the same pins as 7443
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

The problem with switching to LEDs is light housing moisture; LEDs don't generate enough heat to evaporate normally occurring condensation. This often leads to corrosion forming on the bulb terminals, making the bulb inoperable. Some newer cars that have OEM LEDs are running into this issue. Just something to think about!
Zupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupra View Post
The problem with switching to LEDs is light housing moisture; LEDs don't generate enough heat to evaporate normally occurring condensation. This often leads to corrosion forming on the bulb terminals, making the bulb inoperable. Some newer cars that have OEM LEDs are running into this issue. Just something to think about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
I think OP's car signal light is just signal light and he wants to convert it to a dual purpose light thus 7443.

it's not hard but google it up, you basiclly need either a new 7443 socket or modify the 7440 socket to have the same pins as 7443
this is exactly what im trying to do. I'm going to follow the following link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
thanks
raj91 is offline   Reply With Quote