REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   DUI (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681147-dui.html)

m4k4v4li 03-01-2013 06:01 PM

DUI

my buddy got a dui and i was in the passenger seat. Hes trying to dispute it and wants to write a letter saying I switched seats with him

I told him hes an idiot and that is prob the worst idea ever. Im curious tho... if i were to hypothetically agree to that, what type of consequences would ensure?

also, I was in the passenger seat and the police officer wanted to see my ID. I told him I don't really want to give him my ID as i don't want my name in the police report and he was saying its required by law, is this true? I don't have a criminal record so I just gave it to him

CRS 03-01-2013 07:32 PM

:Popcorn

bloodline129 03-01-2013 07:45 PM

:facepalm:

ps. i think as a passenger you are not obligated to show your id

TOS'd 03-01-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 8173797)
my buddy got a dui and i was in the passenger seat. Hes trying to dispute it and wants to write a letter saying I switched seats with him

I told him hes an idiot and that is prob the worst idea ever. Im curious tho... if i were to hypothetically agree to that, what type of consequences would ensure?

also, I was in the passenger seat and the police officer wanted to see my ID. I told him I don't really want to give him my ID as i don't want my name in the police report and he was saying its required by law, is this true? I don't have a criminal record so I just gave it to him

:Popcorn

ts14 03-01-2013 08:02 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9m0uuRsFO1r9vxdp.gif

do it and find out :troll:

tiger_handheld 03-01-2013 08:11 PM

I dont get it =\

IF you asked him to switch seats, doesn't that screw you over?

dared3vil0 03-01-2013 08:50 PM

I really wish one could "fail" in the Police section... Your buddy fucked up, and now it looks like he's trying to convince you to take some of the blame for him being an idiot and endangering the lives of everyone he drove near. That includes YOUR life. He clearly isn't a friend worth keeping. Risks your life and then attempts to get you to take the fall.

Soundy 03-02-2013 11:21 AM

Wait... your buddy wants the story to be that YOU were straight and HE was drunk, and when YOU got pulled over, you switched seats with him so the DRUNK GUY would then be in the driver's seat???

:fulloffuck: :fulloffuck: :fulloffuck: :fulloffuck:

jlenko 03-02-2013 03:11 PM

Awesome. Just awesome.

And with a username "chronic"... how ironic..?

z2two 03-02-2013 05:51 PM

hes obviously an idiot, first for even asking such a dumb question and second for even hopping in a car with a drunk driver

xilley 03-02-2013 06:02 PM

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

thats all.

knight604 03-02-2013 07:01 PM

xilley'd

zulutango 03-02-2013 08:14 PM

It has all been said. I'm outahere ! Hi Ho Silver, away!

finbar 03-02-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 8173797)

That's stupid with two o's

SoulCrusher 03-02-2013 11:13 PM

Bhahahahaha. Thread potential = unlimited.
Posted via RS Mobile

tarobbt 03-03-2013 10:47 PM

idiot for coming up with that excuse and it wasn't smart to ask here :)

It doesn't matter what kind of excuse you can come up with.

Conditions are as follows:

- who had care and control of vehicle
- Was alcohol consumed within 3 hours prior to being stopped (this is where they smell your stanky ass breath) if you blew a fail be prepared to lose 5 grand
- if breath test was refused what was the reason

So since the cop has a police report with your buddy as the driver and him blowing a fail I assume, your friend is pretty much screwed. Better pony up for a lawyer

westopher 03-03-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8173944)
Your buddy fucked up, and now it looks like he's trying to convince you to take some of the blame for him being an idiot and endangering the lives of everyone he drove near. That includes YOUR life. He clearly isn't a friend worth keeping. Risks your life and then attempts to get you to take the fall.

You know though, the OP didn't have a gun to his head to get in the car. He fucked up just as bad. I think that if it can be proven that the passenger of a drunk driver had full knowledge of the driver being drunk that there should be some kind of accessory charge, especially in cases where injury/death is involved.

SoulCrusher 03-03-2013 11:51 PM

OP can you clarify, was he given a 253 or IRP 215 ?
Posted via RS Mobile

m4k4v4li 03-04-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8173944)
I really wish one could "fail" in the Police section... Your buddy fucked up, and now it looks like he's trying to convince you to take some of the blame for him being an idiot and endangering the lives of everyone he drove near. That includes YOUR life. He clearly isn't a friend worth keeping. Risks your life and then attempts to get you to take the fall.

ORly? Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't have that figured out at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8173913)
I dont get it =\

IF you asked him to switch seats, doesn't that screw you over?

Isn't that what I originally asked? Thanks for reiterating my OP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8174244)
Wait... your buddy wants the story to be that YOU were straight and HE was drunk, and when YOU got pulled over, you switched seats with him so the DRUNK GUY would then be in the driver's seat???

:fulloffuck: :fulloffuck: :fulloffuck: :fulloffuck:

Is that not what I posted?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 8174384)
Awesome. Just awesome.

And with a username "chronic"... how ironic..?

Lots of irony present here. Who would have thought that a passenger of a guy being pulled over for a DUI would have a revscene username associated with marijuana.

lowside67 03-04-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 8176073)
ORly? Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't have that figured out at all.

Isn't that what I originally asked? Thanks for reiterating my OP.

Is that not what I posted?

Lots of irony present here. Who would have thought that a passenger of a guy being pulled over for a DUI would have a revscene username associated with marijuana.

The reason that people keep trying to confirm your story is because it's so mind-numbingly retarded that they aren't sure that you are actually asking such a stupid question. Tell your buddy to write that letter, it won't affect you at all, the officer is obviously just an idiot that didn't see you switch seats and there's obviously a perfectly good reason why the sober guy wouldn't want to be in the driver's seat... It doesn't even matter, the bottom line is the penalty is the exact same for him sitting in the driver's seat with the keys in the ignition as it was for him driving, either way he is in control of the vehicle which is illegal, driving it doesn't make a difference.

Mark

sho_bc 03-04-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 8176073)
With the new drinking and driving laws, you really don't have to consume much to blow a fail.

Incorrect. The "new drinking and driving laws" didn't change anything about how much it "takes" to blow a fail. The ASDs have been set to register a "FAIL" reading above 100mg% for as long as I've been trained, and more than likely years before that, too.
Posted via RS Mobile

zulutango 03-04-2013 07:24 PM

They were set at 100 mg% fail back in 1980 in the days of the old "Alert".

Soundy 03-05-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8176085)
The reason that people keep trying to confirm your story is because it's so mind-numbingly retarded that they aren't sure that you are actually asking such a stupid question.

I'd say that pretty much covers it.

"Is that not what I posted"? Well OP, that's what we were all trying to be sure of, that's why we asked... because that's what it LOOKED like you posted, but it was just too bizarre a situation to believe.

zulutango 03-05-2013 05:16 AM

I stopped a car for speeding and the driver ducked around the corner out of sight. Just as I stopped behind the car I saw the car bounce as the driver & passenger switched with each other. The new driver insisted he had been driving so he got a VT for speeding, failing to display his N and an expired DL. They had been in such a hurry to try and trick me that he had forgotten that his DL had been expired for a couple of weeks and that the "non-N" car owner (now passenger) had no required N on the back.

A couple of days later I got a call from the guy I ticketed, saying that he had switched and didn't want the VTs now....specially since he would get a 60 day prohib as well. I told him to come into the Cop Shop and give me a cautioned statement admitting that he had obstructed justice by the switch. I would cancel the speeding VT but as he did have care & control, the N and expired DL tickets would stay and I would be charging him and his buddy with the CC obstruction charges. He would be testifying for the Crown. For some reason I never heard from him any more?? Can't figure what happened?

xilley 03-05-2013 05:38 AM

lol, for someone thats asking for help you responde sure sounds ignorant .