REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 03-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Alignment/suspension shop in Vancouver?

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a shop in the Vancouver area? My brother's got a 2004 Mazda 3 that he needs a good shop to check out the suspension (a bit wonky-worn bushing perhaps?), and do a full alignment. Looking for an honest shop that'll take care of his car.
Advertisement
JDM300ZXTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM300ZXTT View Post
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a shop in the Vancouver area? My brother's got a 2004 Mazda 3 that he needs a good shop to check out the suspension (a bit wonky-worn bushing perhaps?), and do a full alignment. Looking for an honest shop that'll take care of his car.
Johnny at Advance Auto in Richmond did an excellent job at fixing the alignment that Open Road Hyundai had messed up (Machine said Toe was set to 0. Far from it, outside of tires were actually rubbing due to toe and new set of tires worn out in 20000k).

Guy is brutally honest, no BS, and charges ~100 for a full alignment. Doesn't work weekends tho

Advance Automotive - 314-5930 No. 6 Rd, Richmond, BC | ProfileCanada.com
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
Johnny at Advance Auto in Richmond did an excellent job at fixing the alignment that Open Road Hyundai had messed up (Machine said Toe was set to 0. Far from it, outside of tires were actually rubbing due to toe and new set of tires worn out in 20000k).

Guy is brutally honest, no BS, and charges ~100 for a full alignment. Doesn't work weekends tho

Advance Automotive - 314-5930 No. 6 Rd, Richmond, BC | ProfileCanada.com
I disagree, I went there twice and on the second time, he refused to put my car on the hoist, told me my Mazda 6 can't adjust rear camber. I got pissed off, called Dales Alignment, confirmed I was right that rears are factory camber adjustable, got my alignment corrected the next day at Dales.
Posted via RS Mobile
S1 S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Support the forum and go Speed Syndicate!
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Dynamic performance on Bridgeport next to drive hard charges 90 for alignment!
Posted via RS Mobile
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

corner of hastings and commercial
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1 S2 View Post
I disagree, I went there twice and on the second time, he refused to put my car on the hoist, told me my Mazda 6 can't adjust rear camber. I got pissed off, called Dales Alignment, confirmed I was right that rears are factory camber adjustable, got my alignment corrected the next day at Dales.
Posted via RS Mobile
Similar experience.

Appointment booked 2 weeks in advance. Advised car was lowered. Show up on day of appointment, looks at the car only to be told he wouldn't touch my car and that it wouldn't go up the ramp. Guy didn't even try. Time wasted =

I took his word for it so anybody else's experience - YMMV.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

go to TSS as advised...

or, if u specifically want vancouver, go to pacific alignment and frame... 1104 clark drive... james and shane are very good at what they do... they can fix alignment or frame tweaks causing drivability issues...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
I've been going to John at Advance Auto for many years and have never had a problem. Although none of my cars have been ridiculously modified. Actually, I'm going there on Wednesday..

That said, TSS has always had great reviews, and supporting RS sponsors is always good
Old 03-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Support the forum and go Speed Syndicate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by narfy View Post
go to TSS as advised...

or, if u specifically want vancouver, go to pacific alignment and frame... 1104 clark drive... james and shane are very good at what they do... they can fix alignment or frame tweaks causing drivability issues...
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
I've been going to John at Advance Auto for many years and have never had a problem. Although none of my cars have been ridiculously modified. Actually, I'm going there on Wednesday..

That said, TSS has always had great reviews, and supporting RS sponsors is always good

except tss doesn't do the alignments but send to another shop.
maybe they'll be getting an alignment rack at their new location, I don't know.
But the shop that did the alignment on my friend's EvoX, fucked up and damaged the rear camber adjuster.

everything else, tss is fine. But since they, themselves, aren't doing the alignments, I'd say go elsewhere.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #11
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Just going to throw this out there but the Big O Tire on Kingsway between Rupert and Joyce is pretty awesome. Some of the best of customer service I've experienced and they are upfront about what is wrong and will provide suggestions/alternative solutions. I don't know if they do performance alignments but for basic alignments (OE spec etc.) I'm sure they're more than capable of the job.

Had my rear summer wheel fixed up by them and had it stored there all winter, completely forgot it. Called me up to remind me to come on in any time to swap them over and there was no extra charge. I think most shops would have disposed of it after 2 months. My wheel has been there for 5 months. I'm certain I took their patience for granted.

If I recall correctly, ilvtofu also has had good experiences with that particular Big O Tire. The owner there is Randy and his shop manager Tran is awesome.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
+1 for BOT on kingsway. when my mom's car needs work thats where she goes.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Hey guys, besides Dales who can do alignments on lowered cars(frame sits very low). I use to go to Pdm but they have now moved so I'm looking for a new shop in the Vancouver/Burnaby/Richmond area. Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
mj_39 is offline   Reply With Quote