REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   "Why I'd Hate To Be Asian, Totally Not Racist" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681473-why-id-hate-asian-totally-not-racist.html)

TheKingdom2000 03-09-2013 05:40 AM

"Why I'd Hate To Be Asian, Totally Not Racist"

Originial Video;

Not sure if you know who David So is, but he made it big when he covered the Alexandra Wallace rant. His video's are hilarious. I would probably watch his video as it's more entertaining.

University Student Posts 'Totally Not Racist' Video Listing All the Racist Reasons He'd Hate to Be Asian [UPDATE]
Quote:

Almost exactly two years to the day that UCLA student Alexandra Wallace posted her now-infamous "ching chong ling long" anti-Asian rant on YouTube, another university student is learning an important lesson about not being a racist on the Internet.

Indiana resident Samuel Hendrickson uploaded a video to his Facebook page yesterday that went viral overnight and generated a considerable amount of anger.

In the video, oxymoronically titled "Why I'd Hate To Be Asian (Totally Not Racist)," Hendrickson reads off a list of stereotypical reasons he would hate to be Asian.

They're all here: All Asians look alike; they all work at sweatshops; they're all good at math; Asian men are all bad in bed.

Oh, and Asian women are unattractive and sushi tastes bad.

Needless to say, the backlash was swift and Hendrickson had quite a bit of explaining to do.

According to the person who spotted the video and uploaded it to YouTube for safekeeping, his first attempt at apologizing was rather lacking:

He and his friends spammed my Facebook and called me a "raging faggot" and said he would "dismantle me socially" for standing up against him. He even sent me a message thanking me for posting this video. He said "I was going to post it myself".

He eventually got better at it, however.

Id like to apologize to the asian community for my video "Why Id Hate To Be Asian" I do not hate Asians, nor am I racist. It was a joke #yup

— Sam Hendrickson (@samHNDRXN) March 6, 2013
After the outcry got a little louder, Hendrickson began backpedaling on Twitter: "Id like to apologize to the asian community for my video 'Why Id Hate To Be Asian' I do not hate Asians, nor am I racist. It was a joke #yup."

He eventually removed the video from his Facebook page, and replaced it with this:

I would like to really apologize to the entire Asian race and anyone else offended by my video. What I did was a joke but was not taken as one, with that being said, I sincerely am sorry for offending anyone.

Hard to say if this will be the end of it, but it probably won't be if Hendrickson has anything to do with it.

His last tweet reads, "Only I could manage to get an entire race to hate me in just one night. Dear Lord. Lol."

UPDATE: Despite several claims to the contrary, a rep from Indiana University insists that Hendrickson is not enrolled at IU at this time, and identifying him as an IU student is "doing significant harm to our institution's good name." In light of this statement, the post above has been appropriately revised.

[H/T: The Blemish]

SkinnyPupp 03-09-2013 05:45 AM

One asshole decides to be an ignorant racist... why would you do anything other than ignore him?

radioman 03-09-2013 06:13 AM

David So is pretty legit. Been watching his videos since his Alexandra Wallace rant response went viral.

TheKingdom2000 03-09-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8180218)
One asshole decides to be an ignorant racist... why would you do anything other than ignore him?

There are a lot of things you can ignore, but racism isn't one of them. If we ignore it, some people may think it is acceptable. Plus, people like this guy should be shamed, which i'm sure he will be.

SkinnyPupp 03-09-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 8180222)
There are a lot of things you can ignore, but racism isn't one of them. If we ignore it, some people may think it is acceptable. Plus, people like this guy should be shamed, which i'm sure he will be.

Unless he just did it to get a rise out of people...

AzNightmare 03-09-2013 08:16 AM

hmm... speaking of Alexandra Wallace. Completely forgot about her.
Googled her up. :notbad:
Is she a model or something?

I thought she was more "chunky" looking when I watched her youtube video.

GLOW 03-09-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8180225)
Unless he just did it to get a rise out of people...

if that's the case...looks like mission accomplished... :lawl:

1.posts inappropriate video regarding a race
2.receives internet backlash
3.says it's just a joke "LOL"

:badpokerface:

FerrariEnzo 03-09-2013 12:33 PM

I wonder if he got kicked from that university.. haha that would suck.. to be him

a00755836 03-09-2013 12:50 PM

"#6...#7...hehe..." he was right he sucks at math.

mr_chin 03-09-2013 01:45 PM

he says #8 twice at 3:20 and 3:43 and you can tell he realizes it after. lol.

Graeme S 03-09-2013 01:59 PM

I find myself disappointed that I am no longer surprised at the idiocy people put on the internets.

Grandmaster TSE 03-09-2013 02:04 PM

not even mad lol

Drow 03-09-2013 03:17 PM

wow that david so talks like a nagger.

sure would nag the hell outta me with his gay ass voice

drunkrussian 03-09-2013 03:35 PM

that david so guy annoys the shit outta me, why is he talking like a black woman?

not even gonna comment on the white guy...shit is just too ridiculous, no words lol

kunoman1 03-09-2013 04:36 PM

lol I'd hate to be asian...asians are good at math = I would hate to be good at math

:fulloffuck:

Why would you not like to have a useful skill that could potentially further you in other ways...

Domani 03-09-2013 05:00 PM

sorta off topic, but David so has some talent.

El Bastardo 03-09-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunoman1 (Post 8180585)
lol I'd hate to be asian...asians are good at math = I would hate to be good at math

:fulloffuck:

Why would you not like to have a useful skill that could potentially further you in other ways...

1) Hes just firing out stereotypes at this point

2) He probably wouldn't want his value to society to be judged only by the ability to show off with numbers.

noventa 03-09-2013 07:00 PM

lol, racism is a real hot topic on Revscene!

rsx 03-09-2013 09:30 PM

I don't know if I'm more annoyed at David So or the racist dude.

fliptuner 03-09-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noventa (Post 8180714)
lol, racism is a real hot topic on Revscene!

Time to shut down VOT. :thumbs::lawl:

?uestlove 03-09-2013 09:50 PM

this is why i only associate myself only with asians and brown people (i know i know they're asian too). white people are so racist

subordinate 03-09-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?uestlove (Post 8180808)
this is why i only associate myself only with asians and brown people (i know i know they're asian too). white people are so racist

You can't be serious. :facepalm:

Edit.

On another note; these threads make me go further down the rabbit hole. hashtag #peopleareassholes, #peopleareselfish, #peopleareidiots, #humankindwontlastanother100years

El Bastardo 03-09-2013 10:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ICWEyun.gif

!SG 03-10-2013 01:26 AM

asians does not = good at math.

i am living proof.

bcrdukes 03-10-2013 01:22 PM

I prefer the term "Oriental" over "Asian."