REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Personal Stress leave from work

has anyone ever taken stress leave from work?
Advertisement
roughmandamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

It is rare, but i think every job is stressful if one cares about such. But if it comes to the point where you need to take so many of these "stress" days off you might as well quit, because when you come back to it its going to be stressful again..
azn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Someone could be under a lot of stress and it's totally not work related but they can't work because of it. I've never taken stress leave but there are lots of people that do.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughmandamn View Post
Keep in mind the repercussions it can have in the future on life insurance.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
I have. I took 3 months off from both jobs. I ended up quitting one of the jobs too. My stress was non-work related, but working 60 hour weeks didn't help.

Advice: If you are working a professional job, keep it to your self and maybe your doctor. You don't want people to know that you are in a position of weakness. If YDGAF about your job, and it isn't all professional I'd say do it.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,819 Times in 2,505 Posts
i knew a person (a professional) did...it was work related and had a documentation from a doctor to back it up...he eventually ended up leaving the company as far as i can recall...in the end i think it was for the best for him health wise...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
I have. I took 3 months off from both jobs. I ended up quitting one of the jobs too. My stress was non-work related, but working 60 hour weeks didn't help.

Advice: If you are working a professional job, keep it to your self and maybe your doctor. You don't want people to know that you are in a position of weakness. If YDGAF about your job, and it isn't all professional I'd say do it.
yeah i dont really care about my job at this point. i just want to take a stress leave and maybe decided to come back or just find something else. im going to see my doctor on tuesday. were you paid during your 3 months off by your employer?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
^ first of all, befor eyou do this make sure you talk to your employer. There is NOTHING worse than telling your manager you're taking "stress" leave without letting htem know.

If you have a year long history, with the acknowledgment of work helping you and having a case and record, YOU MIGHT be able to take a leave of absence. as for stress leave... GOOD FUCKING LUCK. no one is going to pay you 3 months for "stress leave" unless you're like some manager being over stressed.

if you take stress leave, good LUCK getting a good reference from them.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
^ first of all, befor eyou do this make sure you talk to your employer. There is NOTHING worse than telling your manager you're taking "stress" leave without letting htem know.

If you have a year long history, with the acknowledgment of work helping you and having a case and record, YOU MIGHT be able to take a leave of absence. as for stress leave... GOOD FUCKING LUCK. no one is going to pay you 3 months for "stress leave" unless you're like some manager being over stressed.

if you take stress leave, good LUCK getting a good reference from them.
dont care about reference from them
other coworkers have gotten paid stress leave from company already. some ranging from 1-3 months, if not more.
i can careless about this evil company.
thanks for the input though
Old 03-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
dont care about reference from them
other coworkers have gotten paid stress leave from company already. some ranging from 1-3 months, if not more.
i can careless about this evil company.
thanks for the input though
It depends on where you work. My wife for example could take 6 months off if she wanted pretty easily with full pay, myself on the other hand would probably have to go on medical EI if you can even go on that for stress. I'm guessing you probably could if doctor ordered, best bet would be see a Doctor first and go from there.

Work is stressful but unless it's debilitating you should just look for a new job.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #11
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
It depends on where you work. My wife for example could take 6 months off if she wanted pretty easily with full pay, myself on the other hand would probably have to go on medical EI if you can even go on that for stress. I'm guessing you probably could if doctor ordered, best bet would be see a Doctor first and go from there.

Work is stressful but unless it's debilitating you should just look for a new job.
yeah my plan is to use the time off to search for a new job but at the same time maintain a steady income.