REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

How to wire a led light to factory acura alarm system

I have a 04 acura el

I just want a a simple led that would light up when the alarm is on. (oem alarm)
Advertisement
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
RS Licensed Vendor

Your oem alarm likely won't have an output for a aftermarket LED.

You'll need some sort of flashing LED (ie Varad). Hook up power, ground, ignition. Done. It'll have to work when the cars off, not when you arm it.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
My '00 Accord had a small red LED by the driver door-lock that showed the car was armed (OEM alarm as well.)

It would seem surprising that a newer, more premium vehicle wouldn't have one? Maybe you have one and the bulb burned out?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
My '00 Accord had a small red LED by the driver door-lock that showed the car was armed (OEM alarm as well.)

It would seem surprising that a newer, more premium vehicle wouldn't have one? Maybe you have one and the bulb burned out?
Some have them...some don't. I worked on an older Corolla earlier today that had an OEM security LED on the left of the dash. Some newer cars with factory alarms don't have an LED at all.

That said, you should strongly consider having a real alarm with a shock and glass sensor installed. The factory alarm is just a glorified 'beep beep' device with zero to little protection properties at all.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
Some have them...some don't. I worked on an older Corolla earlier today that had an OEM security LED on the left of the dash. Some newer cars with factory alarms don't have an LED at all.

That said, you should strongly consider having a real alarm with a shock and glass sensor installed. The factory alarm is just a glorified 'beep beep' device with zero to little protection properties at all.
I just thought it was weird since the EL and the Accord are cousins :P

And yeah, the first thing I got done was an Alarm. On both my cars. By you guys actually haha
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
I STILL don't get it

or if you know anyone who can program, they might be able to build you a blinky led circuit on a board!

Last edited by noventa; 03-13-2013 at 09:50 PM.
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote