REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

TCR Richmond

I've done a few searches on rs but couldn't find anything particular about this.
My mom got a call from TCR Richmond which seems to be a collection agency. I did a google search and some of the links say that it is a scam company. Was wondering if anyone here has encountered them or know anything about it. They called from a private number, left a message on the answering machine asking her to call back regarding an urgent "personal business matter" and gave a reference number. The phone number they left seems to go to someone's cell phone voicemail or something, definitely nothing that seems professional at all. Wondering if this is just an attempt to get personal information or just to pin something on her and get money out of her. Her credit is outstanding, all bills on preauthorized payment through credit or direct banking. Never had a balance carried over on any credit card, everything always paid well before due dates so we are definitely sure that there is nothing that should have ever went to collection or even a bill that is overdue. Any input would be nice. Wasn't sure if creating a new thread would bring more traffic..

To add, the number that called was 604-231-1564 and the man said his name was Mr. Jaspal. When you call the number, the name on the voicemail thing is something else. Seems so shady to me.
Advertisement
van_city23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Never heard of them. But it definitely sounds shady from what you have said. I think it's time for you to take control. Call them back stating the reference number and ask who handed them the case and what the amount is so you can call the said company to verify. Also ask them for details that can help you verify that they are a legit company. Ask for stuff like a registered business number and who the manger is and if you can talk to the manger or contact info for the manager. Then ask for an office branch that you can meet up in person. Then tell them to never call back and that you'll call them back or you will file for harassment.

It also helps if your mom is in on the phone call in case they say some bs about not talking to anyone other than your mom. Then she just says she allows you to talk on her behalf. You can pull some stunt like makin the guy wait half an hour. See how it goes from there.
Posted via RS Mobile
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I have heard of them, been around for years and its a collection agency but just smaller. I believe they do vehicle repos as well
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote