REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #76
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
im going to recommend a 2008 accord v6 mt
it's got enough power and its very spacious

best of all, it requires only 87 grade gas.
Speaking of which, this is exactly what I am selling!

Link: http://www.revscene.net/forums/67977...-body-kit.html

If interested, please let me know. Very spacious, lots of power, and yes, only requires Octane 87.
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #77
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

gti for sure
hkRicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #78
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
GTI is expensive down the road maintenance wise. Keeping the DSG running is pricey. Let alone if something goes wrong with anything DSG related, it will rape your wallet. Especially if you plan to keep the car past the warranty period
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #79
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I drive a CSX type S, which is basically the same as the SI except i have leather seats haha... Anyway, to answer your question - I think it really depends on how YOU drive. Technically, any car can be "fast" if you're willing to push down on the gas pedal.

If you opt for the cheaper SI, you can spend the difference in money in a flashpro, exhaust, header and you'll probably be happy with that if power really is a concern to you. But if you enjoy spirited driving and like being pulled back in your seat instantaneously, the stock SI will not do that... You're not tracking or anything with the car, DD, going for trips, random errands- I would say that the SI is the right car for you (like it was for me because of my lifestyle).
DouMing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #80
I STILL don't get it

As an 07 GTI owner I would say the GTI, lol. But if you have to buy one used I would suggest an 08.5+ model as those ones have the revised TSI motor as opposed to the FSI of the 06-08. I would also suggest if you were to get a manual GTI the 06-08 have a stronger clutch than the 08.5-09 models. If you get the 08.5-09 models I would suggest the DSG unless you are either staying stock or willing to replace the OEM clutch with an aftermarket one. If you aren't scared of a little maintenance the FSI is a great motor and mine has been putting along for 6 years now with no major issues! My stock turbo APR Stage 2+ put down 229whp and 274wtq on a Mustang dyno about a 1.5 years ago.

Last edited by djstyles; 03-29-2013 at 02:37 PM.
djstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #81
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

so what did you buy? my pick goes to the GTI
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #82
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
drove a 07 gti for over a year. super nice interior, and has decent power but if you want reliability, you should probably stick with the si or ms3. Had constant problems with the coils... had to bring it back to dealership several times.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote