REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #101
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
no love for my dirty rim & exhaust genesis coupe ?
Posted via RS Mobile
Because it wasn't dirty enough. Shoulda brought it up to Stave with us.
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #102

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I heard this guy got kicked out of meet? What happened?
This i'd love to hear.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #103
RS controls my life!

I thought that red FRS belongs to Open Road Scion??
Posted via RS Mobile
YaKuZa_GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #104

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
A sample from the Stave lake pre-meet

Old 03-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #105
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
All the photos taken and posted here were GREAT pictures.

Nice guys, very nice.

There were ZERO bad or average pictures.

All of them were great pictures.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #106
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by granemo View Post

I think I saw this Genesis on Hwy 17/99 in the afternoon during my Point Bob gas run. Also saw a white Mazdaspeed 3 with a black hood in Tsawassen, several clean white DA Integras in Richmond and a group of about 7-8 bikes heading up Steveston Hwy. They all looked like RS-meet candidates
Spectre_Cdn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #107
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS View Post
I thought that red FRS belongs to Open Road Scion??
Posted via RS Mobile
Were they doing burnouts or something stupid/dangerous? I can't see why anybody would get kicked out for any other reason.

The last time I ever recall anybody getting kicked out of an RS Spring Meet was the Mustang goof who mouthed off impactX and the cops who showed up and VI'd his sorry ass.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #108
RS.net Marketing/Advertising Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmotion View Post
That Corgi is so cute!
You can visit that dog 9-5 Monday to Friday at our Blitzgear office lol
Blitzgear is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #109
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of the local Honda ruckus club or forum? Those guys always rep pretty good and I'd love to getter info on em.

3 pics of my car so far!
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
This i'd love to hear.
They were out of territory of Scion Canada rules. Scion dealerships (as all dealerships) are given a zone which any of their vehicles may go into. OpenRoad is restricted to richmond, delta, ladner, and port moody.

Spanish Banks is the zone of Jim Pattison Scion, who is also one of the major sponsors funding the meet. RevScene also has to protect it's sponsors who are creating such fun events such as this. As awesome as the car is, we cannot be unfair to our corporate sponsors. Also it's against Scion rules to be outside their regions. They were not granted permission and were also warned by Scion Canada not to attend the event via email.

If we host the summer meet in Richmond this year, OpenRoad is more than welcome to come and display any vehicles.

Hope this clears things up. Please continue to support our sponsors.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #111
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgear View Post
They were out of territory of Scion Canada rules. Scion dealerships (as all dealerships) are given a zone which any of their vehicles may go into. OpenRoad is restricted to richmond, delta, ladner, and port moody.

Spanish Banks is the zone of Jim Pattison Scion, who is also one of the major sponsors funding the meet. RevScene also has to protect it's sponsors who are creating such fun events such as this. As awesome as the car is, we cannot be unfair to our corporate sponsors. Also it's against Scion rules to be outside their regions. They were not granted permission and were also warned by Scion Canada not to attend the event via email.

If we host the summer meet in Richmond this year, OpenRoad is more than welcome to come and display any vehicles.

all that work to get turned away shame but rules are rules... cant wait to see that car in person!

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #112
RS Veteran

Quote:

Business and politics aside, isn't Spanish Banks public space?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #113
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Spanish Banks is in Vancouver, and therefore it's JP Scion territory.

Adesa would be in the 'zone' of OpenRoad.
Spectre_Cdn is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #114
RS Veteran

What if the guy was just driving his car on a weekend?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #115

Quote:
Business and politics aside, isn't Spanish Banks public space?
Yes Spanish Banks is a public space, but within the rules of the Dealership agreements, they are not allowed to cross into other people's territories unless given authorization by National.

I know these rules inside out as I was the OpenRoad marketing guy for 3 years. I was the one who helped launch Scion in Canada and actually helped with the zone process in BC. Before I left OpenRoad, I had drawn out maps of the exact area (down to the street) to which they can go into (physical copy and PDF'd version). Upon my leaving the company I had trained someone to ensure these rules were to be followed. So either they did not listen when I was training or they chose ignore it.

Remember the guy who brought the Lexus LFA to the last summer meet. That was me
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #116

Quote:

Understood regarding the zoning issue which is why we complied and ended up parking up the hill where the car wouldn't be a part of the meet. Didn't want to step on anyones toes and we didn't know that Jim Pattison was an event sponsor until the moment we turned into the lot.

Just wanted to clear something up on our end however because the previous posts hints that we purposely ignored orders. We didn't receive an email from Scion Canada until late afternoon on Saturday. Because this email was sent on the weekend while our team was out of office, we did not become aware until it was mentioned to us during our brief conversation with the Blitzgear team.

As well, we had previously asked the RS admin team whether it would be okay for us to attend, only as enthusiast and not for promotional purposes and had received their blessings. We really only wanted to attend to show the community a unique car that hasn't been done locally yet.

Anyways, no harm no foul. Back to the pictures!
OpenRoadAutoGrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #117

Quote:
What if the guy was just driving his car on a weekend?
It was not his car. In fact, it is Christian Chia's vehicle with a full decal of OpenRoad on it. The fact still stands, unless given authorization from national, no dealer employee may drive any dealer (unless manager demo) vehicle outside of their zone.

Politics aside. Killer job by SR Auto Group on the car.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #118
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
A sample from the Stave lake pre-meet
Spoiler!
...and some people think 'redneck' is a pejorative, your photos are evidence that they couldn't be more wrong

Quote:
Yes Spanish Banks is a public space, but within the rules of the Dealership agreements, they are not allowed to cross into other people's territories unless given authorization by National.

I know these rules inside out as I was the OpenRoad marketing guy for 3 years. I was the one who helped launch Scion in Canada and actually helped with the zone process in BC. Before I left OpenRoad, I had drawn out maps of the exact area (down to the street) to which they can go into (physical copy and PDF'd version). Upon my leaving the company I had trained someone to ensure these rules were to be followed. So either they did not listen when I was training or they chose ignore it.

Remember the guy who brought the Lexus LFA to the last summer meet. That was me
Interesting insights, I appreciate the full disclosure.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoadAutoGrp View Post
Understood regarding the zoning issue which is why we complied and ended up parking up the hill where the car wouldn't be a part of the meet. Didn't want to step on anyones toes and we didn't know that Jim Pattison was an event sponsor until the moment we turned into the lot.

Just wanted to clear something up on our end however because the previous posts hints that we purposely ignored orders. We didn't receive an email from Scion Canada until late afternoon on Saturday. Because this email was sent on the weekend while our team was out of office, we did not become aware until it was mentioned to us during our brief conversation with the Blitzgear team.

As well, we had previously asked the RS admin team whether it would be okay for us to attend, only as enthusiast and not for promotional purposes and had received their blessings. We really only wanted to attend to show the community a unique car that hasn't been done locally yet.

Good to see issues resolved like proper gentlemen/women.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #119
RS Veteran

Quote:
Yes Spanish Banks is a public space
Thanks.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoadAutoGrp View Post

Thanks for understanding. Correct, you did not receive notice until Saturday afternoon which is less than 24 hours notice and we understand you probably spent some time detailing the vehicle as well, but you guys should really check with national with something you would have to question. I'm sure people will get chance to view it at the OR showroom and at any Richmond events (ie. a possible summer meet if it happens in Richmond).

Once again- Sick car!

Anyways. No harm no foul.

Agreed, back to pictures, what these people really came here for
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #121
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Good to see there's a mutual understanding. Now back to the pics.

That FRS looks sick, btw

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #122
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Good turn out, quickly edited a few pics when I got home. I'll see if I feel like doing more tomorrow after school lol

REVscene 2013 Spring Meet - a set on Flickr

On the way there with Paradise240

swfk & santofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #123
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Josh, go to sleep dude.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #124
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Would Regency Scion have been allowed to participate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
Spanish Banks is in Vancouver, and therefore it's JP Scion territory.

Adesa would be in the 'zone' of OpenRoad.
dfo-mpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #125
Founder, RS Veteran

I felt this RS Spring Meet had great attendance, coordination, execution and support. All in all, a positive vibe which is what we need for our local car scene.

Thanks to all those who bought RS Merchandise too. I was the one with the Hazard Orange RS jacket helping the volunteers sell at the booth. It was great to talk to each and every one of you.

btw I snapped no pics

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: