REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   What would be a "good" price? 2013 Wrangler. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682195-what-would-good-price-2013-wrangler.html)

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 04:13 PM

What would be a "good" price? 2013 Wrangler.

So i'm looking at a 2013 wrangler sport, with A/C, automatic trans, 3.73 gears, the connectivity package and a hard top. So far the dealer is at $24,000, with an MSRP of $28,000. What would be considered a "good" price? Thanks guys.

tofu1413 03-26-2013 04:32 PM

4 grand off msrp on a new car in that price range is not bad...

prepare to bend over for those "fees"

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu1413 (Post 8195611)
4 grand off msrp on a new car in that price range is not bad...

prepare to bend over for those "fees"

Oh, Don't worry i already said if throw anything other then the federal A/C tax on it i'm walking. I do not pay "doc" fees. If they want to work it into the price, go right ahead.

tofu1413 03-26-2013 05:05 PM

why a wrangler though.. lol. im guessing its a base..?

it is a nice truck, but im not sure if you'd like to live with one.

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu1413 (Post 8195635)
why a wrangler though.. lol. im guessing its a base..?

it is a nice truck, but im not sure if you'd like to live with one.

I want to heavily get into off roading, And i test drove one tonight it seemed fine? Going to be a sport S with a hardtop, Automatic, A/C, Connectivity package etc seemed pretty decent tbh

donjalapeno 03-26-2013 06:54 PM

Friend bought a brand new wrangler spent all his savings on it....next month he traded it for a 1 series base 6spd because he couldnt stand driving it anymore. Its fun and cool at first but trust me you will get sick and tired of it like all american cars (IMO). If you really want to get into off roading i suggest this....

FJ Cruiser, 2007 Toyota

and with the money you save and the money you were going to spend making it a off roader make it look like this...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attac...ost-up-063.jpg

NoiZeeBoy 03-26-2013 06:55 PM

Wait for the HEMI...word is within a model year or so...or you could take it down south for a conversion.
Tofu above said something about not liking living w one...the new Wranglers with the pentastar and nicer suspension are actually pretty decent daily drivers now. Much better pep in the midrange and way more carlike! Ive driven one recently after reading reviews and I have to agree they are even better than the 2012's.

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiZeeBoy (Post 8195820)
Wait for the HEMI...word is within a model year or so...or you could take it down south for a conversion.
Tofu above said something about not liking living w one...the new Wranglers with the pentastar and nicer suspension are actually pretty decent daily drivers now. Much better pep in the midrange and way more carlike! Ive driven one recently after reading reviews and I have to agree they are even better than the 2012's.

I test drove a 2008 and turned around after a half mile it was horrible! With the 2013, the 290hp pentastar and the couple luxury options it has it was really a good ride...

NoiZeeBoy 03-26-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8195827)
I test drove a 2008 and turned around after a half mile it was horrible! With the 2013, the 290hp pentastar and the couple luxury options it has it was really a good ride...

LOL!
Huge difference right?
I am so tempted to get a wrangler now after driving the '13. But the HEMI will be a game changer for sure.
Chrysler's CEO is rumored to be using one prototype Hemi Wrangler as one of his DD's. This is a huge sign it will make it into production.

NoiZeeBoy 03-26-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfGang (Post 8195819)
Friend bought a brand new wrangler spent all his savings on it....next month he traded it for a 1 series base 6spd because he couldnt stand driving it anymore. Its fun and cool at first but trust me you will get sick and tired of it like all american cars (IMO). If you really want to get into off roading i suggest this....

FJ Cruiser, 2007 Toyota

and with the money you save and the money you were going to spend making it a off roader make it look like this...

not a bad suggestion!!!
but does that thing have decent HP and torque? I never looked into it.
Sat in one once, and couldn't see out the back, thats my one memory from FJ. But as long as you've got a rubberneck or some nice bypassed rear video cams, you're good!

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 07:19 PM

I don't like the Fj at all, Too expensive for me new, and i want a new truck this time around. And offroad a wrangler will always be better then an Fj. And the new wrangler is alot faster than an fj.

NoiZeeBoy 03-26-2013 07:21 PM

That's what I'm talking' bout! In this thing, you would never need to look back!!! Just mow down everything in front of you! LOL!
http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.p...2&d=1253739029

NoiZeeBoy 03-26-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8195873)
I don't like the Fj at all, Too expensive for me new, and i want a new truck this time around. And offroad a wrangler will always be better then an Fj. And the new wrangler is alot faster than an fj.

Oh, there you go...I didn't know if it had any guts, I guess not.
And true they are pricey if you want new.

Akinari 03-26-2013 07:34 PM

The FJ is much easier to live with, and significantly more tame on the road than the Wrangler. I'd highly suggest looking at certified pre-owned FJs over a new Wrangler any day.

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiZeeBoy (Post 8195884)
Oh, there you go...I didn't know if it had any guts, I guess not.
And true they are pricey if you want new.

Yeah. I really couldn't believe how quick the new wrangler was. Salesman told me i can "see how much power it had" boy, did i ever take that to heart. :badpokerface:

But yeah, the FJ is down 30 horsepower.

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akinari-kun (Post 8195897)
The FJ is much easier to live with, and significantly more tame on the road than the Wrangler. I'd highly suggest looking at certified pre-owned FJs over a new Wrangler any day.

Have you driven a 2012 or 2013? it's truly night and day.

tofu1413 03-26-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfGang (Post 8195819)

FJ Cruiser, 2007 Toyota

This. I had a customer trading in 12 wrangler unlimited rubicon last month after driven only 4 months or so... like he told me: "it was nice at first. then after that, I really didnt like it..."

so he traded in a brand spanking new truck... for the last Frontier Pro-4x I had in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoiZeeBoy (Post 8195820)

They do drive nice, I agree, but not something that id live with.

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 08:21 PM

Fair enough. I'm driving an 07 FG2 right now... I'm not liking it. It's small, drones way too much for me even with stock exhaust, tired of not being able to go off road, and tired of getting stuck in 5 inches of snow. Wrangler just suits my needs i guess... Unless you wanted to hook me up with a 2013 Xterra for a similar price? :badpokerface:

Akinari 03-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8195901)
Have you driven a 2012 or 2013? it's truly night and day.

Yup, I actually just recently had a chance to drive a 2012 Wrangler. I still prefer the FJ.

Volvo-brickster 03-26-2013 08:49 PM

someone say HEMI ?

never going to production...though

http://image.off-roadweb.com/f/18942...ower_forty.jpg

tofu1413 03-26-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8195971)
Fair enough. I'm driving an 07 FG2 right now... I'm not liking it. It's small, drones way too much for me even with stock exhaust, tired of not being able to go off road, and tired of getting stuck in 5 inches of snow. Wrangler just suits my needs i guess... Unless you wanted to hook me up with a 2013 Xterra for a similar price? :badpokerface:

wrangler would be a different noise :badpokerface:

uh, xterra pricing would be no where close, although the MSRP has been reduced for 2013...

it all depends on if you are cash or finance: cash has a bigger incentive.

are you going to be trading in your FG2? I do have a 09' xterra with offroad package for about 29 grand...

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu1413 (Post 8196044)
wrangler would be a different noise :badpokerface:

uh, xterra pricing would be no where close, although the MSRP has been reduced for 2013...

it all depends on if you are cash or finance: cash has a bigger incentive.

are you going to be trading in your FG2? I do have a 09' xterra with offroad package for about 29 grand...

I know the the xterra isn't close that was my point. The wrangler is in my price range with what i need. And yes i'll be trading in the fg2.

ilvtofu 03-26-2013 09:03 PM

The FJ visibility is pretty appalling, definitely form > function on their part, the engine makes a lot of noise but doesn't feel very powerful IMO.
If the OP has test driven the new wrangler and likes it I would leave it at that, feel is very subjective and even though there are some unhappy wrangler owners I know there are also a lot of loyal and satisfied owners.
The front axle on the Jeep has some major pros and cons but like I said, if OP likes it that's what matters. I strongly prefer the FJ's ride but that is irrelevant.

IMO the 4k off sticker is pretty good, these cars hold their value reasonably well, especially compared to other SUVs

dared3vil0 03-26-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 8196050)
The FJ visibility is pretty appalling, definitely form > function on their part, the engine makes a lot of noise but doesn't feel very powerful IMO.
If the OP has test driven the new wrangler and likes it I would leave it at that, feel is very subjective and even though there are some unhappy wrangler owners I know there are also a lot of loyal and satisfied owners.
The front axle on the Jeep has some major pros and cons but like I said, if OP likes it that's what matters. I strongly prefer the FJ's ride but that is irrelevant.

IMO the 4k off sticker is pretty good, these cars hold their value reasonably well, especially compared to other SUVs

Exactly what i was trying to say, and the 4k off was offered price. I haven't even negotiated yet.

Akinari 03-26-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 8196050)

Toyotas 4.0L V6 engines are rather loud, reminiscent of Ford's old 4.0L V6 engines, and unfortunately they're not too powerful, like you say. I guess it really depends on what you'll be using the truck for? The FJ is the all around more livable choice, whereas the Wrangler is a more "fun" choice.