REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Sentencing begins for killer of Poonam Randhawa

Finally, this piece of shit will get locked up. What kind of punishment will the family get for supporting him?

Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – The room was packed with people at BC Supreme Court today, and it stayed completely silent as the man who killed his teenaged girlfriend in 1999 listened to the Crown’s statements, waiting to find out how long he’ll have to spend in prison.

Ninderjit Singh is finally being sentenced after spending 12 years hiding from police.

Singh has pleaded guilty to the second-degree murder of Poonam Randhawa just two days after her 18th birthday. Singh crossed the Canada/US border in Aldergrove just four hours after the killing and was not caught until 2011 in California. The court has also heard his family has been lying to police all these years, even giving him $150,000 to obtain a new identity.

“We hold them 100 per cent accountable, as well,” says Poonam’s cousin, Harry Randhawa. “Ultimately he’s the one on trial, but we hold their entire family responsible for what happened. They’ve supported him financially and in every possible way.”

Randhawa says they have waited years for the sentencing to start, but the process is not an easy one. “It’s still very very difficult for us, we’re just still processing it now. We’ve waiting 14 years for this day and the next two days are grueling but we’re coming down to the end. It’s taking everything out of us to sit there and listen to the details.”

“It’s irreprehensible what happened. To take someone who had their whole life ahead of them, two days after their birthday, and just take a bullet and end their life like that is just disgusting,” he says.

“It’s a shame for our whole community that someone like that does something like that and then people still support him,” says Randhawa.

The court has heard of Singh’s ongoing abuse towards Randhawa before the murder. Crown says Singh killed her because he felt she didn’t show him the respect he deserved because she was dating another guy. Crown also says the accused has a long history of wanting to control women and to have power over them.

Poonam was shot in an alley near Winston Churchill Secondary School and court has heard that just before that, she said to him, “I’m not scared of you. Go ahead, shoot me.”

After the killing, Singh turned to his friend and said he really loved her and was thinking of marrying her.

Singh automatically gets a life sentence, but Crown is hoping for no chance of parole for 17 to 25 years.

Sentencing begins for man who killed girlfriend 14 years ago | News1130
Advertisement

Last edited by Presto; 03-27-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
the family shouldn't get any punishment.

lol, you'd be retarded to think any family wouldn't take the side of their own blood.

if you punish the family, then what, you set out a tone that says, the law comes before your own family.

if canada declared war on your family, and gave you a gun, you'd have to shoot your own? lol.

no one will put a nation before their family. not in canada anyway.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

lol, you'd be retarded to think any family wouldn't take the side of their own blood.

if you punish the family, then what, you set out a tone that says, the law comes before your own family.

if canada declared war on your family, and gave you a gun, you'd have to shoot your own? lol.

So you're saying that charges such as obstruction of justice should be abolished?

Family or not, they can be still held lawfully liable for helping.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:

That's like saying being the getaway driver for a bank robber shouldn't get punishment...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
If any of my kids did anything of the sort, I will cry at first, then let the law take care of the rest. I did not raise a kid to be that. Plain and simple.

Obstruction of justice big time, with that family.

Not sure what putting country before family has to do with this. Another human was murdered.

If I supported a murderer, even my own child, everything I've stood for and taught my kids since day one would be bs.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 01:39 PM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
If I supported a murderer, even my own child, everything I've stood for and taught my kids since day one would be bs.
You can support your child without breaking the law.

If my child murdered someone I would get them a lawyer (not to get them off, but to make sure they're represented fairly), I'd visit them in prison and assist them when they got out. They're still your own flesh & blood, after all.

But I wouldn't break the law (like give them money to avoid being caught or lie on the stand if I was a witness).
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
You can support your child without breaking the law.

If my child murdered someone I would get them a lawyer (not to get them off, but to make sure they're represented fairly), I'd visit them in prison and assist them when they got out. They're still your own flesh & blood, after all.

But I wouldn't break the law (like give them money to avoid being caught or lie on the stand if I was a witness).
Why would you support your child after you knew he murdered someone...?
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post

Why wouldn't you support your child?
Or are you saying to disown them after they do something terribly wrong in life?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
I don't think any of us can really know what we would do in the families case unless it actually happened

I can't imagine what i would do i would like to think i would do the "right" thing but then what's the right thing? the right thing for society or the right thing for your child? are they one in the same? maybe.. i couldn't even begin to imagine unless it actually happened and so because of that I don't think I could hate on the family
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

Why wouldn't you support your child?
Or are you saying to disown them after they do something terribly wrong in life?
We are talking about cold blooded murder here. Not a mistake, the most hideous act of malice a human can commit. Not self defence, not a stupid mistake resulting in someones death. The premeditated destruction of a human life, and all those connected to them.
I'm not saying I would stop loving my child if they did it, I'm not sure what emotions would take over if I were ever in a situation, however, I would not aid in the avoidance of punishment for such a heinous act in particular. Regardless its against the law to aid in it, and they should be thoroughly punished as well.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I don't think any of us can really know what we would do in the families case unless it actually happened
Prisons have a lot of murderers locked up. And guess what? The vast majority of them get regular visits/support from family. It doesn't mean the family is OK with murder - it means the family isn't going to write them off.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #13
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
I'm very happy this guy finally got caught and will face justice. I was friends with Poonam back in HS all be it not for long. We had some classes together and she was an amazing person. RIP Poonam

Rot in hell Singh!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
The family of killer Ninderjit Singh gave him $150,000 for false ID, raised cash for surgery to change his fingerprints and lied to police about his whereabouts for more than 12 years, a B.C. Supreme Court judge heard Wednesday.
Ninderjit Singh’s family gave him money for fake ID, raised cash for surgery to change fingerprints | Globalnews.ca

Messed up on the parents part... I would think as parents you would have the slightest idea what it be might like to lose a child over some BS teenage puppy love.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #15
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Prisons have a lot of murderers locked up. And guess what? The vast majority of them get regular visits/support from family. It doesn't mean the family is OK with murder - it means the family isn't going to write them off.
i meant in regards to the family deciding if they would help the murderer get away or assist in their incarceration i don't think any of us could know what we would do unless it actually happened

i dont think it would be considered 'writing off' a family member if they assisted in their incarceration
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #16
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I dont agree with what the family did to support him but I understand the family siding with him. As Stylin has said, we never know how we would react if this situation happens to our family... I'm guessing it depends on how strong a bond with have with out families...
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #17
I don't get it

Its completely normal behaviour for family members to support each other in criminal situations. They just have to fully understand and accept the consequences with doing so.

This family should be held responsible.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

wow, that's quite a transformation...

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #19
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
On various articles, there's a one line mention that he's also wanted for attempted murder for a shooting back in 1997. He shot some guy in the leg at a movie theatre. A quick search couldn't find any more details on that.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
I keep RS good

Oh i see how it is...

you all get your dicks mega hard knowing someone is behind bars or getting punished... and what does that get you? other than your boner of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
So you're saying that charges such as obstruction of justice should be abolished?

Family or not, they can be still held lawfully liable for helping.
obstruction of justice shouldn't be black and white.

it should be obstruction if they were stopping the cops from stopping a crime.
but the crime was already committed.

they were helping him from being caught... which... please tell me... what did that result in?

Quote:
That's like saying being the getaway driver for a bank robber shouldn't get punishment...
no because the driver is directly involved in the crime. the family didn't help him murder the girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
If any of my kids did anything of the sort, I will cry at first, then let the law take care of the rest. I did not raise a kid to be that. Plain and simple.

Obstruction of justice big time, with that family.

Not sure what putting country before family has to do with this. Another human was murdered.

yeah you can let the law take care of the rest, but would you rat them out? or would u just keep your mouth shut. it doesn't mean you have to help them. but keeping your mouth shut doesn't force you to take any side at all.

another human was murdered... but that's the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
This story disgusts me, but it reminds me of that scene from "Blow" when George's Mom calls the cops on him when he's visiting his Dad. That scene used to piss me off so much, especially when she says "this is for your own good, how do you think it makes me look when people know you're a drug dealer". I always used to think, what kind of mother would sell out her son like that?

However, there's a big difference between selling weed and killing your ex-girlfriend
Posted via RS Mobile
it's the same thing. the crime has been done. anything after cannot be changed.

Quote:
yeah why not. he's my child. when you have a child you bear all responsibility of all possibilities. you are the guardian for life. bound by blood. you are responsible for their well being through all of eternity.

that's what being a parent is.

i don't care what he is. i might not support his ideals and way of life. but i won't disown him. we're just different people with different views in life. but i cannot dismiss the fact that my blood runs through his veins.

he is just an extension of myself. anything he is capable of, i am capable of. we're the same animal regardless of anything else.

all i'm saying is... lol if the family DIDN'T help him... the girl would still be dead and he'd still run.
if the family did help him... the girl would still be dead... and he'd still be on the run.

what's the difference? the GIRL IS FUCKING DEAD. no amount of punishment of finger pointing will bring her back.

plus, he's been on the run for 12 years... you know if he just gave himself in, his sentence would be more than half over. he'd be just a handful of years away from parole. if he went to prison right away, you'd all be bitching about how he shouldn't ever get parole and he should be executed like an animal.

the fact is he's been hiding for 12 years. that's worse than a prison sentence itself.
and now he has to spend at least another 15 years in jail. lol.

in the end it's all the same.

what you gonna do? jail the family now? LOL. give me a break.
it's frightening how disloyal some of you guys are to your own blood.
family is like a fucking gang. if you fuck up, there's always someone there to back you up no matter what. and vice versa. NO MATTER WHAT.
they're your blood. there's no further explanation needed.

hitler's mother would still hold her dear son in her arms, even though he did all those things he did.
you don't disrespect the fact that she's a loving mother and she will uphold her duty as a mother no matter what.

he might of done wrong, but it doesn't mean you break your bond, your loyalty, and your connection as a parent.

any parent, at WORST, should just keep their mouth shut and turn a blind eye. you're existence as a parent, your sole purpose, is the protect your child NO MATTER WHAT.

any action can be forgiven. ANY. otherwise you're just a moral bigot.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-28-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #21
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post

wow, that's quite a transformation...
yeah that's what 12 years being on the run and always looking over your shoulders does to you.
when you're on the run, the world is your prison.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #22

Quote:
you're existence as a parent, your sole purpose, is the protect your child NO MATTER WHAT.
Then you fucked up when you raised your child to commit murder....How is that protecting your child?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #23
I keep RS good

Quote:
Then you fucked up when you raised your child to commit murder....How is that protecting your child?
you didn't raise your child to commit murder.

he chose to do that. you still bear responsibility to fulfill your role as a parent. the moment you stick your dick in someone's slime hole, whatever comes out is your responsibility forever.

your child could be hitler, ghandi, or jesus christ. it doesn't matter.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
dude looks like a soccer player at the age of 18, i wonder if he would be going to sports central every night at 11pm if he didn't murder her...

anyways, we are not in the family's shoes so we do not know how they felt when he murdered her. But there should be some form of punishment for hiding him.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #25
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
but the crime was already committed.
another human was murdered... but that's the past.
it's the same thing. the crime has been done. anything after cannot be changed.
what's the difference? the GIRL IS FUCKING DEAD. no amount of punishment of finger pointing will bring her back.
in the end it's all the same.
any action can be forgiven. ANY. otherwise you're just a morale bigot.
Sorry, but this is just really naive. I tried to bite my tongue but your dismissive assumptions are just very wrong.

Yes, what's done is done, like you kept emphasizing. But that doesn't mean there won't be consequences. The victim's family has no reason to ease up on any possible charges against anything or anyone helping the murderer.

You keep trying to justify the actions of the murderer's family. What about seeing it from the victim's family?

Your daughter was murdered, and the killer has been living freely (relatively speaking) for the last 12 years. You find out his family has been funding the murderer's new life, and they think they should get off scot-free?

It's a shitty situation for everyone. But if your daughter was killed, I would sure hope that you try to press for every ounce of justice you could get.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote