REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Commercial Dr? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682344-commercial-dr.html)

CharlesInCharge 03-31-2013 03:16 PM

Its a small message to government that there is an active gang(freedom fighters) here in Vancouver watching you.

yray 03-31-2013 03:19 PM

^ tell me more :popcorn:

CharlesInCharge 03-31-2013 03:21 PM

I dont know if I should, "they" might not let me cross the border one day :p

Graeme S 03-31-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8199802)
Its a small message to government that there is an active gang(freedom fighters) here in Vancouver watching you.

Freedom fighters who fight the awful restrictions of traffic! BAN TRAFFIC AND IT WILL NEVER BE A PROBLEM AGAIN!

westopher 03-31-2013 03:33 PM

Yeah it really sticks it to the government by making the general public from specific neighbourhoods inconvenienced.

CharlesInCharge 03-31-2013 03:48 PM

No one said the road to change is easy... specially when it reaches the point where the people will be media coerced (or paid off) and pitted against each other.
Stone throwing war at Tahrir Square, Egypt anyone? I watched and recorded some it while it was going on at night, live, on PressTV... it was pretty intense!

CharlesInCharge 03-31-2013 03:58 PM

Checkout what was recently posted on the front page of LiveLeak...WTF
Exxon Pipeline Breaks in Arkansas

VRYALT3R3D 03-31-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8199833)
LiveLeak.com - Exxon Pipeline Breaks in Arkansas .

Obviously the Queen of England did it.

westopher 03-31-2013 04:03 PM

I saw photos of it on Facebook, and something about a media ban. Fucked up, and I agree with the fact that our media (and to a way larger extent american media) will be unlikely to give a true story, however, standing on a road, pissing people off, blocking traffic, and likely protesting without facts to back you up, and a mission statement/demands/solutions/plans of acton, is just an excuse to spend a day in the sun and suck your own dick for "changing the world"

CharlesInCharge 03-31-2013 04:07 PM

I guess people would laugh at you now if you had said this at the beginning of the ongoing Egyptian revolution which so far has ousted a long time torturing ZioAmerican despot.

p.s. I think Canada is still holding his looted monies safe, a percentage his handlers let him keep, for his family.

dinosaur 03-31-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8199842)
I guess people would laugh at you now if you had said this at the beginning of the ongoing Egyptian revolution which so far has ousted a long time torturing ZioAmerican despot.

p.s. I think Canada's still holding his looted monies safe, a percentage his handlers let him keep, for his family.

Aaaaaaand, cue thread derailment in.....3...2....1....

spoon.ek9 03-31-2013 04:16 PM

must... not... feed.. the... troll...

VRYALT3R3D 03-31-2013 04:19 PM

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake....1282579406.jpg

bballguy 03-31-2013 04:25 PM

/thread

CharlesInCharge 03-31-2013 04:33 PM

Young people think they're so invincible... why just today I watched a video labeled something along the lines of a father carrying his dead daughter to the mortician...
She died from brain cancer... when you see someone dead on camera, you'd think twice about letting oil drip into your water supply, or our corporate dollar over health policy.

Manic! 03-31-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8199833)
LiveLeak.com - Exxon Pipeline Breaks in Arkansas .

Wohooo!!!! Free oil!!!

Graeme S 03-31-2013 04:42 PM

Friendly warning: Ad hominem attacks are not okay. Posts are being removed, but no points being given.

Yet.

dangonay 04-01-2013 05:42 AM

^ Say what? If someone keeps posting the world is flat in every thread they can, and we all know the world is round, then we should be able to call them a fucking idiot.

If they say they like the color blue and you like red then you can't personally attack them.

Now tell me honestly, of the two extremes I listed where do you think CiC fits? I'm going with a strong leaning to the former.
Posted via RS Mobile

604STIG 04-01-2013 10:50 AM

A little ironic i'd say. The idle no more protest caused a shit load of cars to sit in traffic and idle waiting for them to clear out.:failed:

Graeme S 04-01-2013 01:05 PM

Dangonay, while I don't disapprove of posts attempting to discredit an individual's logic or priorities or what have you, I don't view those as ad-hominem attacks.

Bringing up his (admittedly incredibly shitty) car builds, however, is an ad-hominem non-sequitur that is just derailing an already teetering thread. As a courtesy, I am deleting the offending posts without points. Points hereafter.

Graeme S 04-01-2013 01:07 PM

To bring this thread back on track:

To those who are commenting on "Idle no more" resulting in more "vehicles idling in traffic", I really really hope that you're trying to troll. Idle, in this case, is not the "letting your car run without going anywhere", it's the "Don't stand by and do nothing" idle. As in "We will no longer stand idle as far as First Nations treaties and rights issues".

BurnoutBinLaden 04-01-2013 01:15 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Theresa Spence start her hunger strike to divert attention to her siphoning of cash from the Attawapiskat budget? She lives quite comfortably compared to the rest of her people.

Not saying that these issues shouldn't be brought up, and I'm glad they're focusing attention on the Northern Gateway project, but it seems that they have been brought up under shadowy circumstances.