REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   equivalent of paypal in china? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682650-equivalent-paypal-china.html)

threezero 04-07-2013 02:01 AM

equivalent of paypal in china?

so i trying to help someone in chinese purchase something and due to shipping restriction etc i have to get it for them and mail it to back to them in china. Now i'm a little held up on how they could pay me. It seems like there is no equivalent of paypal for small personal money transaction in china (that works outside of china too). The person in china has a bank account and that it no credit card. Has anybody been in similiar situation or know or any service in china that allows this?

bballguy 04-07-2013 02:05 AM

PayPar

SkinnyPupp 04-07-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 8205818)
so i trying to help someone in chinese purchase something and due to shipping restriction etc i have to get it for them and mail it to back to them in china. Now i'm a little held up on how they could pay me. It seems like there is no equivalent of paypal for small personal money transaction in china (that works outside of china too). The person in china has a bank account and that it no credit card. Has anybody been in similiar situation or know or any service in china that allows this?

Never in a million years would they let you spend RMB without tracking it every step of the way.

Ask the seller to accept Bitcoin :fullofwin:

StylinRed 04-07-2013 02:09 AM

alipay.com

oh read your comment; short answer? no

good luck

get them to bank transfer the funds to you; they can theres just a yearly limit supposedly on the amount that can be wired out (dont know the amount, sorry)

threezero 04-07-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8205820)
Never in a million years would they let you spend RMB without tracking it every step of the way.

Ask the seller to accept Bitcoin :fullofwin:

thanks skinny i actually googled bitcoin. lol interesting but not very useful atm.

now for alipay. how do i get the money back into my bank account? it supports all the chinese bank but no interac????

StylinRed 04-07-2013 02:17 AM

im not sure i think it may be an internal thing only

i've only used it a couple times to make purchases from chinese websites and had the items shipped to family in there

SkinnyPupp 04-07-2013 02:28 AM

You'll have to do an international remittance. Hope the amount isn't large, because if it is they are going to scrutinize it, and maybe withhold it if they think they're up to no good.

Or just mail cash, I did that not long ago :fullofwin:

godwin 04-07-2013 02:11 PM

CIBC is a UnionPay member.

There are also Western Union not to mention Moneygram.

Just make sure it is not some Nigerian Prince / milk powder scam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 8205818)

asr 04-07-2013 02:29 PM

alipay.com It is a paypal company name in China.
as long as you have a bank account in China with deposit, you can purchase anything online.

Hehe 04-07-2013 11:21 PM

If you have an account in major banks in China with foreign withdraw enabled, you can use Alipay and just withdraw here. Many ATM now supports UnionPay (think as a Chinese Interac)