REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
equivalent of paypal in china?

so i trying to help someone in chinese purchase something and due to shipping restriction etc i have to get it for them and mail it to back to them in china. Now i'm a little held up on how they could pay me. It seems like there is no equivalent of paypal for small personal money transaction in china (that works outside of china too). The person in china has a bank account and that it no credit card. Has anybody been in similiar situation or know or any service in china that allows this?
Advertisement
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
PayPar
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
so i trying to help someone in chinese purchase something and due to shipping restriction etc i have to get it for them and mail it to back to them in china. Now i'm a little held up on how they could pay me. It seems like there is no equivalent of paypal for small personal money transaction in china (that works outside of china too). The person in china has a bank account and that it no credit card. Has anybody been in similiar situation or know or any service in china that allows this?
Never in a million years would they let you spend RMB without tracking it every step of the way.

Ask the seller to accept Bitcoin
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
alipay.com

oh read your comment; short answer? no

good luck

get them to bank transfer the funds to you; they can theres just a yearly limit supposedly on the amount that can be wired out (dont know the amount, sorry)

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-07-2013 at 02:15 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Never in a million years would they let you spend RMB without tracking it every step of the way.

Ask the seller to accept Bitcoin
thanks skinny i actually googled bitcoin. lol interesting but not very useful atm.

now for alipay. how do i get the money back into my bank account? it supports all the chinese bank but no interac????
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #6
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
im not sure i think it may be an internal thing only

i've only used it a couple times to make purchases from chinese websites and had the items shipped to family in there
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
You'll have to do an international remittance. Hope the amount isn't large, because if it is they are going to scrutinize it, and maybe withhold it if they think they're up to no good.

Or just mail cash, I did that not long ago
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
CIBC is a UnionPay member.

There are also Western Union not to mention Moneygram.

Just make sure it is not some Nigerian Prince / milk powder scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
alipay.com It is a paypal company name in China.
as long as you have a bank account in China with deposit, you can purchase anything online.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
If you have an account in major banks in China with foreign withdraw enabled, you can use Alipay and just withdraw here. Many ATM now supports UnionPay (think as a Chinese Interac)