REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Looking for Group to try New Places (https://www.revscene.net/forums/682722-looking-group-try-new-places.html)

gearshifter 04-08-2013 09:51 PM

Looking for Group to try New Places

I've seen a bunch of new places open up recently around town and I've been trying to get people to try these events but I can never seem to round up enough people. So I am wondering if anyone on RS wants to try these places or if anyone has been to them and can post some feedback.

This place I saw recently was newly opened called Richmond Archery. More info here: www.richmondarchery.com I was supposed to, but a friend bailed out on me. Anyone want to try it out with me?

Lomac 04-08-2013 10:13 PM

I've done archery before, though not at the Richmond location. It's actually a lot of fun, especially if you stick with the old wood bows and leave the composites for others. I wouldn't mind going.

hsh4 04-08-2013 10:46 PM

I’ve been to the Richmond Archery, it actually just opened and there was a promotion that my buddies and I went to. It was like $20 for 2.5 hours with all the rental and coaching. We got to shoot the standard targets and there was a twist at the end which I thought was pretty cool.
The place may be harder to find though because my buddies had to look for it. It’s right beside Clearone in the corner. The place isn’t called Richmond Archery, but Gum Ying Studio :)

tool001 04-08-2013 10:47 PM

asl?

:ilied:

bballguy 04-09-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool001 (Post 8207364)
asl?

16 f cali; watchya wearin'? :fullofwin:

spideyv2 04-09-2013 01:22 AM

12 m Bangkok

I have webcam men
Posted via RS Mobile

Gnomes 04-09-2013 04:53 AM

Is Gum Ying archery packed with people during the weekend beginner lesson?

Gridlock 04-09-2013 08:32 AM

Shit dude...there is tons of groups that like to try new things:

There's a Revscene group that like to try various forms of fried chicken in parking lots. You should check them out.

Mindbomber has been working hard to erect a group that is sexually liberated and interested in forming either a harem, or roving orgy-so if that's your thing, shoot him a pm.

Glove 04-09-2013 08:49 AM

sounds like you need a gaggle

murd0c 04-09-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8207551)

There's a Revscene group that like to try various forms of fried chicken in parking lots. You should check them out.

Mindbomber has been working hard to erect a group that is sexually liberated and interested in forming either a harem, or roving orgy-so if that's your thing, shoot him a pm.

I think I scared them away :okay:

sonick 04-09-2013 09:02 AM

Gum Ying... so cool.

iamon 04-09-2013 09:35 AM

maybe try a meetup.com group. Seems like theres one for everything or you can make one.

dinosaur 04-09-2013 10:00 AM

You should just make a meet thread in the RS social meet forum. See if you can get some numbers and then book something to do.

bballguy 04-09-2013 10:08 AM

Try eHarmony.com, I've seen on commercials that they have a pretty high success rate...

slingblade 04-09-2013 10:09 AM

Try Meetup.com

saucywoman 04-09-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinosaur (Post 8207596)
You should just make a meet thread in the RS social meet forum. See if you can get some numbers and then book something to do.

This!

RS social meets forum is all about bringing this community more together as, well, a community. There needs to be more activities where it's not late night on a weeknight :p
Posted via RS Mobile

MG1 04-09-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearshifter (Post 8207297)
This place I saw recently was newly opened called Richmond Archery. More info here: www.richmondarchery.com I was supposed to, but a friend bailed out on me. Anyone want to try it out with me?

Kyudo is where it's at, my friend.

The Kyudo Association of Canada » Introduction to Kyudo Course – Vancouver

meowjinboo 04-09-2013 05:33 PM

Last night a friend invited me to a board game night at a hipster coffee shop. She said she found it on meetup.com

YMMV though. the room had some cool dudes but a lot of socially awkward people.
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 04-09-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

lets be friends :derp:

oh wait
you sinophobic...or was that xenophobic? :fuckthatshit:

dinosaur 04-09-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8207937)
lets be friends :derp:

oh wait
you sinophobic...or was that xenophobic? :fuckthatshit:

I don't wanna be your friend. Word is you get too touchy-feely around white chicks.

Spoiler!

FerrariEnzo 04-09-2013 06:29 PM

I want to try this Richmond Archery for sometime now but no one to go with.. haha I dont want to go alone :badpokerface:

AW607 04-09-2013 09:39 PM

Or even the Extreme Airpark right on Triangle Road? :joy:
I've been meaning to go there for a while

MindBomber 04-09-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 8207551)

I'm impressed at your punning ability.

I'm not the harem type; roving orgy would be certainly be an apt description, however.

(To anyone reading this: please, DO NOT send me nude self-shots; I've received more than enough of those from RS members already)

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8207565)
I think I scared them away :okay:

Yes, yes, you did.

Your tenacity is admirable, though. Few people have the wherewithal to allow a guy to do that so they can do it to his wife.

Quote:

Next summer, science talk in a park meet.

Last summer's was cancelled too many times.

dinosaur 04-09-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 8208154)

Next summer, science talk in a park meet.

Last summer's was cancelled too many times.

Dude man...its ON like DONKEY KONG!!

Super stoked!

BrRsn 04-09-2013 10:22 PM

I like science but don't like parks.

Can we science talk via google hangout? I fear contact with humans.