REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Canada's Black Gold

A look at the Alberta Oil Sands
pt1

pt2
Advertisement
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment
 
Iceman-19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 9,521
Thanked 1,288 Times in 409 Posts
Started watching it, realized it was old and done by a foreigner. This place has come a long way. Its probably never going to be easy to get oil out of the ground, but there is an easy solution if you don't like it. Move into the woods and live off the land. Don't use anything made from plastic, oil is needed to make that. Don't use anything except what you can find and make yourself from nature. Become a caveman again. Doesn't appeal to me, but if thats what you want giver. Otherwise stop with the fucking whining about dirty oil. We could be all filthy rich like the Saudi's, if Canadians had balls.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
You mean rich as the Saudi monarch family as the rest of the people live in poverty, but what do you know when the handlers of this country only give a fraction of profits to that propped up family.
There's no need to contaminate the water table and land with the shortcuts that are made to make parts of Alberta uninhabitable. Its also inefficient as fuck with 1 part energy burned to get 2 parts out. This is all a race for world domination... not to stay out of the woods.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment
 
Iceman-19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 9,521
Thanked 1,288 Times in 409 Posts
Have you ever travelled to Fort McMurray? It was uninhabitable before the oil companies got here. If you have never been up here and seen it with your own eyes, you really can't say much about how these companies do it. They wouldnt be here doing this if there wasn't a massive demand for the product.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Monopoly banking dynasty families run everything in the western/"capitalistic" world. This type of dirty extraction is to further fuel the war machine. Do you know how many declared billions the U.S. spent in the military budget last year? You wouldnt believe it if I typed it...
Soon enough we'll see cancer rates rise in Alberta... the water tables for the drinking water, beef and crops will be contaminated. Lets write off the whole province so that the elites can keep their upper hand over everyone and Canadians as a whole wont get any richer.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS
 
ScizzMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 2,456
Thanked 1,043 Times in 230 Posts
Joanie loves Chachi!!
__________________
Scizz's a living legend and I tell you why, everybody wanna be Scizz an Scizz still alive
ScizzMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not vancouver
Posts: 2,647
Thanked 1,938 Times in 765 Posts
NOT THIS IDIOT AGAIN!!!!! go troll else where, i think north korea would welcome you
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
I can't live without all the shit that petroleum makes and runs. This sort of thing is a necessary evil to maintain the luxury we're used to.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,072
Thanked 2,211 Times in 243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Started watching it, realized it was old and done by a foreigner. This place has come a long way. Its probably never going to be easy to get oil out of the ground, but there is an easy solution if you don't like it. Move into the woods and live off the land. Don't use anything made from plastic, oil is needed to make that. Don't use anything except what you can find and make yourself from nature. Become a caveman again. Doesn't appeal to me, but if thats what you want giver. Otherwise stop with the fucking whining about dirty oil. We could be all filthy rich like the Saudi's, if Canadians had balls.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm pretty much in the mining industry (once i graduate) and a lot of people have the image that mining is awful, dirty and bad for the environment. Well its true in some cases and not in others. It really depends where you go (different operations, different countries, etc.), the laws and regulations set by the governments, the company's responsibility, etc... the list goes on.

Also quite a few people I talk to seem to think that everything they use comes from some magical factory that produces your phone, computer, car etc. comes out of no where or something... but they don't realize that most of that stuff starts from the raw material in the ground and it has to be taken out and processed one way or another.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
I hope I dont see some major oil spill in my life time... but I highly doubt it.
The people that run things dont care about the environment or the people much... its all about risk assessments, short cuts and making the most money.
Just over in Washington state, which hold 2/3 of the U.S.'s nuclear waste... the stuff has started leaking into the ground.
I believe some of our fruits get imported from there and mostly the stickers are only labeled from the U.S.A.
Can we be sure our foods are not contaminated when the government unknowingly exposes thousands to radiation every-time it trucks waste to its storage plants? On their estimates 3000 people will eventually die because of one highway truck transport.

So if and when this oil seeps into out water table... can we be assured the public will know about it?... never mind the ecological disasters.
Heres another video on the tar sands. A Ted Talks presentation.
http://www.ted.com/talks/garth_lenz_images_of_beauty_and_devastation.html
Another interesting note.
166 Million Birds Could Die If Tar Sands Mining Continues to Expand. http://www.treehugger.com/renewable...-to-expand.html

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-16-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: spelling
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
too_slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,961
Thanked 362 Times in 161 Posts
^Hey f*ckface, shut the f*ck up, and stop being a hypocrite. Don't f*cking complain if everything you use/touch comes from the dirty s*it that comes from such production/extraction activities.
__________________
2011 VW Tiguan Highline 4Motion (Canada)

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #12
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle
 
CharlesInCharge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,602
Thanked 527 Times in 292 Posts
Cant debate with better talking points so you need to call me names? I already explained this dirty push for more energy is to keep global hegemony, not fill a need for human use.
Wrap your head around that.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #13
Banned By Establishment
 
Iceman-19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 9,521
Thanked 1,288 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I hope I dont see some major oil spill in my life time... but I highly doubt it.
The people that run things dont care about the environment or the people much... its all about risk assessments, short cuts and making the most money.
Just over in Washington state, which hold 2/3 of the U.S.'s nuclear waste... the stuff has started leaking into the ground.
I believe some of our fruits get imported from there and mostly the stickers are only labeled from the U.S.A.
Can we be sure our foods are not contaminated when the government unknowingly exposes thousands to radiation every-time it trucks waste to its storage plants? On their estimates 3000 people will eventually die because of one highway truck transport.

So if and when this oil seeps into out water table... can we be assured the public will know about it?... never mind the ecological disasters.
Heres another video on the tar sands. A Ted Talks presentation.
Garth Lenz: The true cost of oil | Video on TED.com

Another interesting note.
166 Million Birds Could Die If Tar Sands Mining Continues to Expand. http://www.treehugger.com/renewable...-to-expand.html
You are truely as ignorant as the rest of the environmentalist idiots. The tar sands have been leaking into the water up here for longer than the oil companies were here. The natives used to coat their canoes in tar sand to help them float better. You have never been up here, so shut your pie hole. The day I see you standing outside the gate of a oil company here protesting I will upgrade your respect level from ignorant keyboard cowboy idiot to ignorant protesting moron. Until then you keep whining about oil companies on your computer built from oil based products, call someone who cares on your phone made from oil based products, and get in your car or on your bicycle mad from oil based products and drive it off the nearest cliff. Kthxbaifgt.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS
 
ScizzMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 2,456
Thanked 1,043 Times in 230 Posts
You'd probably be amazed at how much money the companies up here in the Mac spend on environmental concerns. Almost endless budgets and pockets as soon as the word environment comes out. I'm sure their intentions aren't about the environment and they mainly want to keep costs down and to look good to shareholders etc. But, at least they spend the money up here to make things as good as possible. I've seen it happen often where one of the bigger companies up here will halt production if there is a hiccup that will cause an environmental incident.
__________________
Scizz's a living legend and I tell you why, everybody wanna be Scizz an Scizz still alive
ScizzMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,143 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
You are truely as ignorant as the rest of the environmentalist idiots. The tar sands have been leaking into the water up here for longer than the oil companies were here. The natives used to coat their canoes in tar sand to help them float better. You have never been up here, so shut your pie hole. The day I see you standing outside the gate of a oil company here protesting I will upgrade your respect level from ignorant keyboard cowboy idiot to ignorant protesting moron. Until then you keep whining about oil companies on your computer built from oil based products, call someone who cares on your phone made from oil based products, and get in your car or on your bicycle mad from oil based products and drive it off the nearest cliff. Kthxbaifgt.
Best. Rant. Ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net