REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 AM   #26
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lv View Post
came into this thread for lols. Lols were had. Timpo never disappoints
This. This is all there is to Timpo.

The guy never disappoints. We all come in to Timpo's threads expecting an abomination of photos of cars we don't like. Then he'll post a thread with a ridiculous question, going against the grain.

But whatever it is he is thinking, we will never know. Timpo has made Vancouver Auto Chat what it is and how it is. No matter how silly the thread's title may be, his posts are like the band-aid you want to rip off - you know it'll hurt so you quickly peel it off.

At the end of the day, you survived another day on Revscene.net. All but laughs and lols were had. Timpo is the punching bag we don't need. But the punching bag we all deserve.

Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #27
Need my Daily Fix of RS

timpo'd
k2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Why do people leave half of the tire exposed?
They just kinda cover up the top of tires and leave the bottom open.
Trololololo Timpo.

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #30
I am Hook'd on RS

hahahahaha let's all laugh at Timpo cause he's stupid. etc.etc. But hop off the bandwagon for a second shall we?

Did any of you actually consider his question? Because it indeed holds merit.

First ask yourself what the main purpose of an over fender is anyways. If its to merely "cover the tread" then yes it does seem weird. Judging from the most of the responses in this thread, the over fender's main purpose is purely visual. And looks are subjective, so basically you are all hating on Timpo for something that is entirely subjective. I for one quite like the mad mexipoke on autox cars...

But lets take a look at it technically. The main issue with wider tires and the resulting poke is that it presents a basket case with respect to the aerodynamics. Rotating tires are some of the most diffficult areas of flow to properly predict. As well, they are major sources of drag, much greater than what a simple frontal area calculation would yield. (I'm guessing here)
Therefore, a full overfender is used to direct as much air as possible away from the rotating tire. So therefore, without a full overfender like the above examples, the purpose of this half fender is rather non-effectual, as it indeed exposes large areas of the rotating tire to the incoming air.

So basically, half overfenders are basically all form and no function, and if I recall, isn't that the definition of rice? All show no go? Case in point, just show me a picture of a closed wheel car with exposed tires, and I'll laugh at Timpo like the rest of you guys.
Rainei is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: