REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Where to do undercoating/rustproofing for classic car?

well, my car is sorta classic, an AE86 corolla. last year I did a bunch of rust repair and repainted the car. I'd like to get is rust proofed and maybe some undercoating as well. rust proofing is more of a priority as I'd like to get rust proofing goop into the nooks and crannies of the car. I want my car's body to last a long time (10+ years?) before I would need to address bodywork again.

who in town is specialized in doing these kinds of services with the mindset of rustproofing older cars?
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #2

a little help pls.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Rent a lift and do it yourself? It is quite labour intensive because you want to remove the heat source ie the cat etc if you can.

I thought if you have done a proper repaint, it should be better now since the newer paint has better rust protection property based on improved primer etc?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #4

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Here's a list I compiled
Old 12-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I am also interested in undercoating.

Does anyone have experience with 2nd look?Auto Detailing & Undercoating in Vancouver BC Canada - 2nd Look Auto Undercoating

"The value of life can be measured by how many times the soul has been deeply stirred"- Soichiro Honda
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote