REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

If you dont think someone will let you park this downtown

What makes you think someone will let you park this abomination there?

Advertisement
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

You'd leave the trailer behind.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
You'd leave the trailer behind.
But where?

For the baller:

For the one on a smaller budget:
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
On RS, standing juxtaposed to convention is unacceptable - hence, Arash is failed.

In this case, I don't think Arash deserved the fails at all. The idea is interesting, innovative, and addresses the restrictions on geographic mobility a conventional home creates by proposing a flexible alternative. The core living space could be contained in the main unit, which has the potential to double as a vehicle, while the secondary living space is contained within a detachable unit to be left behind on short excursions. No need to have a dedicated tow vehicle that's size makes its usefulness negligible for purposes other than towing. Presented in a more polished manner, I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar issued by serious design groups.

The market isn't negligible either; many people, particularly those in younger demographics, aren't particularly sedentary and do not need much living space. For them, something like this might be a very viable alternative.
He's going to get this kind of reaction anywhere he posts it*, because it is stupid. Camping trailers/5th wheels/winnebegos/airstream trailers/etc/etc/etc have all done the same thing for decades. They do it efficiently, without looking fugly as shit (well some do but not AS ugly as his idea)

* case in point - the vwvortex link above
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #30
I subscribe to Revscene

None have the same setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
But where?
A parents house, a residential garage/backyard space one rents to live for cheap, ones business parking, a rented space on a farm, or possibly any street if you get an alarm and GPS running.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #31
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
He's going to get this kind of reaction anywhere he posts it*, because it is stupid. Camping trailers/5th wheels/winnebegos/airstream trailers/etc/etc/etc have all done the same thing for decades. They do it efficiently, without looking fugly as shit (well some do but not AS ugly as his idea)

* case in point - the vwvortex link above
No, travel trailers, motorhomes, and Arash's idea are conceptually distinct. The idea of detaching two components of living space is interesting, because its new and not unfeasible. It's not often significant innovation occurs in such an established market. The presentation of the idea is relative, it's easily adjustable, and the current design undoubtedly needs some refinement to eschew the Airstream with a body kit look.

The comparison to vwvortex doesn't achieve anything; the two sites share demographics so similar responses are expected.

I could live in this place.
http://www.vintagetrailering.com/pho...arward%204.jpg
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #32
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Does it really matter? This idea will never turn into reality anyways.
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #33
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
No, travel trailers, motorhomes, and Arash's idea are conceptually distinct. The idea of detaching two components of living space is interesting, because its new and not unfeasible. It's not often significant innovation occurs in such an established market. The presentation of the idea is relative, it's easily adjustable, and the current design undoubtedly needs some refinement to eschew the Airstream with a body kit look.

The comparison to vwvortex doesn't achieve anything; the two sites share demographics so similar responses are expected.

I could live in this place.
http://www.vintagetrailering.com/pho...arward%204.jpg
I guess we'll have to disagree on this.

It would be interesting to see what kind of feedback this gets from Ideas or something... give it a shot!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote