REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #76
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

holy fuck ^^
Advertisement
danny_d19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #77
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
RIP

Reminds me of this accident in Singapore, but maybe (hopefully) not as negligent

Original Footage Ferrari 599 GTO Crash A Taxi Kills 3 Tragic Accident Singapore - YouTube
yea this was awhile ago.. the douche mainlander killed 2 japanese women tourist and the driver of that taxi..
Old 04-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #78
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
^
and people were blaming the taxi driver even though the 599 driver was at fault, excessively speeding and was supposedly drunk.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #79
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
According to global:

They were just visiting the temple to pray for the 5 year old boy whose birthday it was. The father was at home waiting to celebrate with the cake and birthday balloons...

gutting....absolutely gutting.
that's just sad, really sad. I can't imagine how the father is going to be able to cope with this
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #80
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
So to everyone who was hoping for this guy to get "appropriate justice"...

Driver in Surrey crash that killed 5 dies in hospital - British Columbia - CBC News

I'd quote it but I'm on my phone.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #81
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
wow...was not expecting that.

i'm not going to lie...thats a pretty big let down but on the other side, i don't have enough faith in our system to give an appropriate sentence.

I wonder if they are going to explain this in more detail:

"Police say that Daniel Gore, 46, passed away Sunday afternoon after undergoing surgery for "a condition that was discovered as a result of being critically injured in the accident."
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #82
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
^ He was already on deaths bed. Probably discovered something when doing x-rays or other tests. Maybe something like a tumor or heart condition. Must have been severe if they operated in the condition he was in.
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #83
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Brain condition may have caused Surrey crash that killed family | Globalnews.ca

Quote:
The crash that killed five members of a family in Surrey may have been caused by an undiagnosed brain tumour that caused the driver who hit them to run a red light, according to his lawyer.

Police said 46-year-old Daniel Gore, who was the sole survivor of the horrific crash, died in hospital Sunday.

The Langley father of two passed away following surgery for a brain tumour that was discovered as a result of being critically injured in the accident.

Gore’s family lawyer said his children didn’t even know about the tumour, and now family and friends are wondering whether it caused him to pass out or have a seizure when he was behind the wheel that day.

Doctors will now try to establish whether the brain tumour was a contributing factor to the accident.

The investigation into this accident continues as police work to establish all contributing factors to the accident.

At the time of the crash Gore was driving a rented vehicle after his own car was destroyed recently when he was rear-ended.

B.C. court records do not show any speeding or traffic violations for him and his children say he was typically a very cautious driver.

According to his lawyer, Gore was on his way to his job at a major grocery chain, where he worked as a meat cutter.

His lawyer said he was not late for work, which was a few kilometres away, and had 30 minutes to spare before his shift.

Pawandeep Arjot, her young children, Annish and Jessica, her sister-in-law Neelam Dhingra, and her mother-in-law Vidya Sachdeva were killed when Gore allegedly failed to stop at a red light and collided with the Corolla.

Witnesses said he was driving at speeds of 120 to 150 kilometres an hour at the time of the crash.

“It remains a possibility that maybe we will not have an answer to all the specific questions for the families,” said Cpl. Bert Paquet. “For closure involved we hope to connect the dots… we definitely owe it to families involved.”

Gore was never interviewed by police in hospital and was never told he was accused of killing five people. It’s something his friends say would have destroyed him.

The funeral for the five victims was held last Friday, attended by hundreds of family and friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #84
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
If it's true that the tumour caused this then a real tragedy just turned even more tragic.

RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #85
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

i call bullshit, just trying to clear his name.
Integgyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #86
Banned By Establishment

such a sad sad story...appears to be tragic for ALL involved.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #87
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integgyy View Post
you're a fucking douche bag.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #88
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Yes, a momentary lapse of concentration.

The speed limit is 80km/h and the average speed is 100-110km/h on 176th, making the average speed sufficient to create that degree of damage (as I understand). Given this, I do not see the driver as severely negligent (ie. drunk), and I afford him, his family, and his friends the same degree of sympathy as all the other victims involved. I will not condemn a person for a minor mistake, one we've all made. I've no interest in further debating this topic with you or anyone else, pm me if you really feel the need to respond.
I think you are owed an apology.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #89
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I think you are owed an apology.
I personally thought the driver may have suffered a heart attack, stroke, seizure, or something of that sort, but didn't feel it was appropriate to speculate given such tragic circumstances. I hope the widowed husband and father can take some solace in the knowledge negligence didn't cause the accident.

May the victims rest in peace.

Never forget the fragility of life, seize and appreciate every opportunity you have with those you love.

Last edited by MindBomber; 05-06-2013 at 10:05 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #90
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integgyy View Post
You have a point. There's no a way a seizure or a un-diagnosed tumor can cause you to run a red light. I also find this hard to believe .
Old 05-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #91
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
People are so quick to make judgments from their keyboards..places like rs and reddit can slay someones name in minutes.

Thank you for being a voice of reason(once again:-)
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #92
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
My Opa and Oma died in a car accident in December; Opa was driving and had a heart attack (revealed during an autopsy), it was ruled the reason he lost control. Opa and Oma's car struck another car, we met the driver's husband, and learned she suffered only relatively minor injuries. The loss was very sudden, I'm still dealing with it emotionally. I always return to the other driver being okay, though, and feel a bit better. The 32nd Driver's family will always return to their family member, ultimately, causing the death of 5 people. I can't imagine the pain that would accompany coming to terms with that knowledge. Let's not drag 32nd Driver's name through the dirt; it will not bring back the victims, it will not comfort either family, it will cause further pain to one.. there's no point.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #93
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss, MindBomber. I miss my grandparents everyday too.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #94
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
You have a point. There's no a way a seizure or a un-diagnosed tumor can cause you to run a red light. I also find this hard to believe .
My younger brother has epilepsy. When someone is having a seizure they are complete unresponsive and have ZERO control of their body. All their muscles go stiff and shake uncontrollably.

I would say that it would be very easy for someone having a seizure to mash the gas pedal and speed through an intersection.
A-Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #95
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Disick View Post
^
and people were blaming the taxi driver even though the 599 driver was at fault, excessively speeding and was supposedly drunk.
He was a princeling (offspring of the original CCP leaders) was he not?
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #96
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dev View Post
My younger brother has epilepsy. When someone is having a seizure they are complete unresponsive and have ZERO control of their body. All their muscles go stiff and shake uncontrollably.

I would say that it would be very easy for someone having a seizure to mash the gas pedal and speed through an intersection.
I don't think you would be able to get your license if you were a risk of epilepsy.
You have to be medically fit to drive. You are risking the lives of those and everybody around you. My sister has anxiety and she can faint uncontrollably , so she chose not to get her license.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #97
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
What's funny about that? Speed limit on 32nd there is 60, but it's a long, flat, straight stretch and would be easy to hit that speed, even in a Caravan.
I think 120 is a very conservative estimate judging by pics of the debris.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #98
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
I don't think you would be able to get your license if you were a risk of epilepsy.
You have to be medically fit to drive. You are risking the lives of those and everybody around you. My sister has anxiety and she can faint uncontrollably , so she chose not to get her license.

wtf are you talking about, many at risk drivers slip through the cracks and get their license when they are hardly capable of backing up a car.

my aunt is about 45 now, she had never had any sign of epilepsy her entire life, about 2 years ago she began to have them completely at random, in the past 2 years she has had 3 i believe, her first one could have easily been behind the wheel of a car
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #99
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
My ex-gf has epilepsy and has been operating a motor vehicle for years. Albeit, it's a mild form but every now and then she has been know to "black out".
Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #100
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
wtf are you talking about, many at risk drivers slip through the cracks and get their license when they are hardly capable of backing up a car.

my aunt is about 45 now, she had never had any sign of epilepsy her entire life, about 2 years ago she began to have them completely at random, in the past 2 years she has had 3 i believe, her first one could have easily been behind the wheel of a car
Same with my mom. When she was 55-ish she had her first....has only had one other one but is still allowed to drive.

Not ALL people are born with conditions and having an unexpected seizure at the wheel is no different than having a heart attack....or stroke...or aneurysm.

This case comes down to a very tragic chain of events and some might even say, bad luck. SIX people died and it looks like there is nobody to blame but fate. I hope that this news brings some form of comfort to the father\husband knowing that there was no malice involved.

On another note, Mindbomber, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. That is truly a gut wrenching thing to go through .