REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   RIP ALBERT HOFMANN (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683520-rip-albert-hofmann.html)

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-30-2013 10:35 AM

RIP ALBERT HOFMANN

Father of LSD:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/30/wo...mann.html?_r=0

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ffman02190.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...hoffman190.jpg

nabs 04-30-2013 10:38 AM

RIP... I remember watching documentaries on LSD and seeing him speak on the topic. Theres much I can say however won't because it would spark an unwanted debate on the subject.

Gululu 04-30-2013 10:47 AM

speaking of lsd... why is it so hard to find in vancouver ? any1 know

dinamix 04-30-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gululu (Post 8225339)

Not that hard.
Go to the art gallery. Talk to people on the stairs.lol

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-30-2013 11:48 AM

"A son died of alcoholism at 53"

the irony in that.

2 n r 04-30-2013 11:52 AM

^LOL@dinamix' comment

Have u guys ever tried lsd? What was ur experience?
Posted via RS Mobile

spideyv2 04-30-2013 12:32 PM

LSD, not even once
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 04-30-2013 01:58 PM

Limited Slip Differential :fuckyea:

:troll:

Sid Vicious 04-30-2013 06:55 PM

RIP

Dude was way more influential than anyone can imagine. think about all the great thinkers (artists, musicians, and alotta other people) who were influenced by psychotropic drugs

MindBomber 04-30-2013 07:12 PM

Great thread, thank you.

Albert Hoffman is one of the greatest minds of our era.

It's truly a shame; even in the light of legal use, then decades of illegal use, and studies at Harvard and Stanford proving the substantial positive side effects of LSD that his work is not recognized.
Quote:

The manufacture of LSD is more complex than that of the widely available substances.

Marijuana requires: a green thumbed gardner, some dirt, and a basement.
Meth: a junkie, some household chemicals, and an abandoned garden shed.
Cocaine: an aspiring guerilla soldier, some plants and gas, and a jungle.
Heroin: another aspiring guerilla soldier, some more plants, and a desert.
LSD: a chemist with a Ph.D or a chemist with a masters on a lucky day, an extensive list of closely monitored precursors, and a well-equipped laboratory.

drunkrussian 04-30-2013 07:18 PM

^yeah but what if you want that 99% blue pure meth?

http://feminspire.com/wp-content/upl.../Season-11.jpg

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-30-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinamix (Post 8225342)
Not that hard.
Go to the art gallery. Talk to people on the stairs.lol

like dinamix says, nothing is hard to find if you're willing to go out into the streets and find it... and network with people in that circle and slowly filter out the bad leads, like a detective. eventually you'll find what you want without all the middlemen.

and like mindbomber says, lsd actually takes real skill to make.

PiuYi 04-30-2013 11:52 PM

wait what? the article is 5 years old

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-01-2013 02:14 AM

k fine i should rename this to the 5 year anniversary.. or 5th year of remembrance.

he died 5 years ago this day.. or 1 day ago.

SkinnyPupp 05-01-2013 02:20 AM

I wouldn't trust LSD bought off some stranger in the street

When I was 16 though, I didn't care. And that was one fucking amazing experience. We built theories on sociology, anthropology, culture, music all kinds of shit.

After thinking about it sober though, it was all utter bullshit :fuckthatshit:

Maybe some people come up with incredible ideas when using LSD or other psychadelics, but most of the time it's just stoner bs. Or at least, you can take that idea and turn it into something sober...

Doesn't apply to art though

Sid Vicious 05-01-2013 11:40 AM

its sad that in our world we criminalize drugs that promote creativity and a deeper understanding of our world (physical and metaphysical)

psychotropic drugs should be on everyones bucket list

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-01-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8225989)
I wouldn't trust LSD bought off some stranger in the street

When I was 16 though, I didn't care. And that was one fucking amazing experience. We built theories on sociology, anthropology, culture, music all kinds of shit.

After thinking about it sober though, it was all utter bullshit :fuckthatshit:

Maybe some people come up with incredible ideas when using LSD or other psychadelics, but most of the time it's just stoner bs. Or at least, you can take that idea and turn it into something sober...

Doesn't apply to art though

it's because you were 16.

lsd builds on what you already know. and at 16, much of what we know is incorrect or just crap we make up. the prefrontal cortex is not even fully developed till around age 25 for males.

you can turn ideas into sober ideas, you just have to think about stuff you're good at.
if you think about sociology and anthropology and you're not an expert on it... your theories are just crazy guesses.

if you're a phd in sociology, you could possibly come up with some real legit theories.

you can think about politics and global stuff, but you'd probably just end up having charlesincharge type ideas cuz the reality is we don't know anything about that topic. but if you were the head of the CIA and you took it, you'd have a much accurate picture to build on.

or if you do it now with the knowledge you have as an adult in some specialized area. perhaps expanding ideas based on businesses you own or whatever.

just because you hand someone a hammer doesn't mean they'll use it correctly.

lsd bought off the streets at most is just weak ass or has nothing in it at all. all the stuff u hear about pcp or some crazy shit like rat poison they put in there, are all urban legends. the amount of lsd you need to get high is so minuscule, that on that little square tab of paper, you literally can't fit any of those "bad things" ppl always say are inside.
a lot of those bad things are measured in grams, a square peice of paper is not even a gram (it probably wouldn't even register as 0.02grams), how do u pack something so big onto something so small? the typical lsd dose is like 60-80 micrograms. that's like.. a grain of sand cut in half...

at most you'd just get ripped off lol. some ppl i know have had success going to wreck beach on a sunny day and talking to the hippies there.

GabAlmighty 05-02-2013 12:17 AM

I've watched most of the Drugs Inc documentaries and the LSD one is particularly interesting. I have/won't ever do any "hard" drugs because no matter what people say I believe it messes with your head (yes obviously in higher than average doses/usages).

Still, like it's been mentioned some of the studies that have come out of using LSD, or even MDMA, for medical reasons is fairly interesting and can't be completely refuted.

GGnoRE 05-02-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8226931)
you can think about politics and global stuff, but you'd probably just end up having charlesincharge type ideas cuz the reality is we don't know anything about that topic

:awwyeah: