REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
RIP ALBERT HOFMANN

Father of LSD:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/30/wo...mann.html?_r=0

Advertisement
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 04-30-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,061 Posts
RIP... I remember watching documentaries on LSD and seeing him speak on the topic. Theres much I can say however won't because it would spark an unwanted debate on the subject.

Looking for something to do tonight? ====> OFFICIAL MUSIC EVENTS CALENDAR

Spoiler!
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

speaking of lsd... why is it so hard to find in vancouver ? any1 know
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
Not that hard.
Go to the art gallery. Talk to people on the stairs.lol
Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
I keep RS good

"A son died of alcoholism at 53"

the irony in that.
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,123 Times in 257 Posts
^LOL@dinamix' comment

Have u guys ever tried lsd? What was ur experience?
Posted via RS Mobile
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #7
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
LSD, not even once
Posted via RS Mobile
jayare604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Limited Slip Differential

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #9

Thanked 1,926 Times in 612 Posts
RIP

Dude was way more influential than anyone can imagine. think about all the great thinkers (artists, musicians, and alotta other people) who were influenced by psychotropic drugs
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
Great thread, thank you.

Albert Hoffman is one of the greatest minds of our era.

It's truly a shame; even in the light of legal use, then decades of illegal use, and studies at Harvard and Stanford proving the substantial positive side effects of LSD that his work is not recognized.
Quote:
The manufacture of LSD is more complex than that of the widely available substances.

Marijuana requires: a green thumbed gardner, some dirt, and a basement.
Meth: a junkie, some household chemicals, and an abandoned garden shed.
Cocaine: an aspiring guerilla soldier, some plants and gas, and a jungle.
Heroin: another aspiring guerilla soldier, some more plants, and a desert.
LSD: a chemist with a Ph.D or a chemist with a masters on a lucky day, an extensive list of closely monitored precursors, and a well-equipped laboratory.

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-30-2013 at 08:33 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

^yeah but what if you want that 99% blue pure meth?

drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #12
I keep RS good

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
Not that hard.
Go to the art gallery. Talk to people on the stairs.lol
like dinamix says, nothing is hard to find if you're willing to go out into the streets and find it... and network with people in that circle and slowly filter out the bad leads, like a detective. eventually you'll find what you want without all the middlemen.

and like mindbomber says, lsd actually takes real skill to make.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #13
boot boot car

Thanked 1,284 Times in 536 Posts
wait what? the article is 5 years old
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #14
I keep RS good

k fine i should rename this to the 5 year anniversary.. or 5th year of remembrance.

he died 5 years ago this day.. or 1 day ago.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:20 AM   #15
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
I wouldn't trust LSD bought off some stranger in the street

When I was 16 though, I didn't care. And that was one fucking amazing experience. We built theories on sociology, anthropology, culture, music all kinds of shit.

After thinking about it sober though, it was all utter bullshit

Maybe some people come up with incredible ideas when using LSD or other psychadelics, but most of the time it's just stoner bs. Or at least, you can take that idea and turn it into something sober...

Doesn't apply to art though
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #16

Thanked 1,926 Times in 612 Posts
its sad that in our world we criminalize drugs that promote creativity and a deeper understanding of our world (physical and metaphysical)

psychotropic drugs should be on everyones bucket list
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #17
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I wouldn't trust LSD bought off some stranger in the street

When I was 16 though, I didn't care. And that was one fucking amazing experience. We built theories on sociology, anthropology, culture, music all kinds of shit.

After thinking about it sober though, it was all utter bullshit

Maybe some people come up with incredible ideas when using LSD or other psychadelics, but most of the time it's just stoner bs. Or at least, you can take that idea and turn it into something sober...

Doesn't apply to art though

it's because you were 16.

lsd builds on what you already know. and at 16, much of what we know is incorrect or just crap we make up. the prefrontal cortex is not even fully developed till around age 25 for males.

you can turn ideas into sober ideas, you just have to think about stuff you're good at.
if you think about sociology and anthropology and you're not an expert on it... your theories are just crazy guesses.

if you're a phd in sociology, you could possibly come up with some real legit theories.

you can think about politics and global stuff, but you'd probably just end up having charlesincharge type ideas cuz the reality is we don't know anything about that topic. but if you were the head of the CIA and you took it, you'd have a much accurate picture to build on.

or if you do it now with the knowledge you have as an adult in some specialized area. perhaps expanding ideas based on businesses you own or whatever.

just because you hand someone a hammer doesn't mean they'll use it correctly.

lsd bought off the streets at most is just weak ass or has nothing in it at all. all the stuff u hear about pcp or some crazy shit like rat poison they put in there, are all urban legends. the amount of lsd you need to get high is so minuscule, that on that little square tab of paper, you literally can't fit any of those "bad things" ppl always say are inside.
a lot of those bad things are measured in grams, a square peice of paper is not even a gram (it probably wouldn't even register as 0.02grams), how do u pack something so big onto something so small? the typical lsd dose is like 60-80 micrograms. that's like.. a grain of sand cut in half...

at most you'd just get ripped off lol. some ppl i know have had success going to wreck beach on a sunny day and talking to the hippies there.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 05-02-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,054 Posts
I've watched most of the Drugs Inc documentaries and the LSD one is particularly interesting. I have/won't ever do any "hard" drugs because no matter what people say I believe it messes with your head (yes obviously in higher than average doses/usages).

Still, like it's been mentioned some of the studies that have come out of using LSD, or even MDMA, for medical reasons is fairly interesting and can't be completely refuted.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #19
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
you can think about politics and global stuff, but you'd probably just end up having charlesincharge type ideas cuz the reality is we don't know anything about that topic
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote