REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 07-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #51
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfighter View Post
2,000KMs in my X12 and I am very, very happy with the fit.... it fits likes a dream. It took me a LONG time to find a helmet that didn't hurt... so many of the helmets I wore during training, regardless of size, created so much pressure in certain places that I would be counting the seconds until I could tear it off.... not this one at all.... and it's actually a smaller size than I assumed I would go with... A+++++

-one point, this is a LOUD helmet, though that shouldn't be a surprise based on it's intended usage.
Spot on, you can appreciate the amount of air flow the helmet provides but it comes at a compromise. Better air flow means more wind passing through the helmet. You bought a race helmet and the volume of air flow is meant to keep your head cool in a race.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #52
Why'd you do that for?

^^^
What he said. I have an x12 as well and it's great at the track but it's a bit excessive for riding more than 2 hours
Posted via RS Mobile
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #53
Support Team Mod

The Arai Story

The Arai Story | RideApart

Impreza '08
Yamaha RS Warrior MidNight 1700 '05
Aprilia Mana 850 '09

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson-
Gwilo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #54
Support Team Mod

Helmet Testing UK

SHARP Helmets - THE HELMET SAFETY SCHEME

Impreza '08
Aprilia Mana 850 '09

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson-
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #55
Support Team Mod

Impreza '08
Aprilia Mana 850 '09

-Hunter S. Thompson-

Last edited by Gwilo; 07-22-2013 at 05:53 PM.