REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
May day riots seattle

Just turned on the TV. Kiro TV is showing it live.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Ain't nobody got time fo dat with playoffs
Posted via RS Mobile
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
live stream:
KING Live Stream | KING 5 TV | Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | Live Video
twitter updates:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WaMayDay

I can't tell how serious this is though. apparently some flashbangs and pepper spray were used.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
culprits found

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
article from News1130:
Quote:
SEATTLE (NEWS1130) – Police used “flash bangs” and pepper spray against some protesters who pelted them with rocks and bottles late Wednesday, as violence erupted during May Day in Seattle.

Several dozen protesters, many using bandanas to cover their faces, began clashing with police in downtown Seattle hours after a peaceful immigrant-rights march ended.

Protesters threw rocks and bottles at police officers and news crews. As they moved through downtown Seattle to another neighbourhood, they flung construction street barriers, trash cans and newspaper bins on the streets in an attempt to stop police officers. Windows of businesses were broken and vehicles with people in them were banged around.

Police used their bikes to shield businesses and eventually began to use pepper spray and “flash bang’ grenades — releasing a flash of light, smoke and a loud noise — to disperse the crowd. But that pushed the group to another nearby neighbourhood, and they left a wake of overturned trash cans and debris on the street.

In the aftermath, 11 adults and two juveniles were arrested for property damage, the Seattle Police Department said through Twitter.

The department said that one officer was injured after being hit by an object.

Initially, the protesters concentrated on a business sector of downtown Seattle.

This is the second year in a row violence has broken out during May Day in Seattle. Last year, anarchists broke windows of store fronts, including Niketown, and vehicles and used smoke bombs. Protesters also targeted a federal building, breaking windows and doors.

Olivia One Feather of Covington joined the crowd Wednesday night because she wanted to see how police handled the protest. She said she wasn’t impressed, adding that she was pepper sprayed in the face while trying to video record officers.

“They don’t have any manners. They don’t say please or give you time to get out of the way,” she said.

Of the protesters, she added, “They’re doing what we need to do to stand up to ourselves. These are our streets and we have the right to take them.”

Many of the protesters are self-described anarchists. A local anarchist website said protesters would attempt to disrupt the day.

The violence marred a May Day that immigrant-rights activists hoped would put a focus back on immigration reform. Thousands of people marched about 2 1/2 miles from the Central District toward Seattle’s downtown Jackson Federal Building after a May Day rally supporting immigrant rights and labour.

Many carried signs, with messages such as “We are America,” and “There are no illegal humans.” One sign suggested forgetting about marijuana and instead asking the United States to “Legalize my mom,” a reference to Washington’s recent legalization of marijuana.

Other demonstrations and rallies in Olympia, Mount Vernon, Spokane, Vancouver, Walla Walla, Wenatchee and Yakima went along peacefully.
May Day rally turns violent in Seattle | News1130
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Ok so...we have a group of people marching\protesting\parading about immigrant rights....thats cool. Immigrants should have rights. Then we have a bunch of "anarchists" who are....mad about the protests? want bigger protests? don't want Nike shoes? They want to exercise their right to be arrested? I'm confused.

Then, we have some random fruit loop who "joins" the protest to see what the cops are going to do...ya know, just for fun...nothing else going that night...and her biggest complaint is that they police fail to say "please" and "thank you" as they are trying restore order and prevent further vandalism. Awesome.

pointless anarchy is pointless.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
saw some of it last night...one of the anarchist "leaders" as the reporter called him - getting assistance from who I assume is an ENT... pouring liquid in his eyes/face to wash out pepper spray...had a red mohawk...

"fuck authority" mentality - but runs to get help from authority when pepper sprayed always think of this pic when this shit happens...

Quote:
They don’t have any manners. They don’t say please or give you time to get out of the way,” she said.

police looked pretty organized from what I saw. someone acting out or getting physical and they got taken down fast with bike cops surrounding them using bikes as a barricade while the guy gets cuffed and taken away.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
whats worse than Vancouver "anarchists"? Seattle anarchist. They be like Van-anas on crack. Much like their hipsters....they out hipster all hipsters.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Saw this before hitting bed. Then had the strangest dream. Stallone was driving through Seattle running over Anarchists when a TV announcer came on and racked up how many points he got for each kill. Then I thought, is that such a bad idea?
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Saw this before hitting bed. Then had the strangest dream. Stallone was driving through Seattle running over Anarchists when a TV announcer came on and racked up how many points he got for each kill. Then I thought, is that such a bad idea?
Posted via RS Mobile
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: