REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 05-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Review: macarons in Richmond

So I had tried numerous macarons at different cafes. Bel Cafe, Soirette, Thierry, and Faubourg all in Vancouver and downtown vacinity. I have YET to find a cafe that provide GOOD macarons in Richmond. Until today.

I was walking around Aberdeen mall today and walked into Baker One Cafe to get a coffee. I was pleasantly surprised to see macarons there with a variety of flavors that rivaled Faubourg's and Thierry's. These macarons are nothing like the cardboard tasting Saint Germain's.

All I can say is WOW.

Finally, I don't have to go all the way downtown and fight for parking just to get my hands on a couple dozen macarons.
FINALLY.

At $2 each. I say these are reasonably priced as my best friend from HK went to Laduree and paid $6 CAD each!!!
I myself, bought a cool two dozen from Baker One Cafe in Aberdeen mall. Wished they'd open a Laduree here, but these will definitely do for now.

I don't normally post reviews here, but I am truly amazed that someone finally had the idea to get some into Richmond.
Wish I can post some pics up.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
I'm not exactly keen on determining what makes a macaron good but you should also check out L'Opera Patisserie by Minoru. Let me know how it fairs to the macarons at Baker One Cafe
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Ohhhh I will definitely go and try l'opera. I will let you know how it fairs!

I love macarons!!! So happy they're now in Richmond!
Posted via RS Mobile
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Should ask if they make in house or get them from another bakery.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
I don't understand the hype with macarons.
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
OP r u of the female sex by any chance?

no hate though i see these flamboyant macarons all over fb instagram and they all fall under a common denominator - girls are posting them.

ive tried one and they taste of food colouring. i guess its the new fad for girls who like to host tea parties
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
Female Driven

The sweet spot in steveston has super flavorful ones that arent too sweet. Definitely my fav but too bad they have like bank hours and limited flavours everyday haha. Their banana hazelnut or whatever one is my most favorite one of all
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote