REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Anyone deal with Tao's Autobody in Kingsway?

So I need to fix my front left driver side door. Autobody shops are quoting me from 300 - 500 for putting filler and repaint my driver door.

But this Tao's autobody quoted me $250. I'm wondering has anyone here deal with this autobody? Are they good?
Advertisement
athiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,180 Posts
I will leave this quote here: "You get what you pay for."

If they are that cheap, you have to imagine that they're either cutting corners somewhere, or not hiring someone who has the experience to do it properly.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
A $50 difference isn't big enough to raise flags IMO.

Some of the bigger shops quote higher because they have much more volume - so they can pick & choose, especially if it's private.

And for what it's worth, I went to a "no-name" bodyshop out of a recommendation, and their quote was $600 cheaper than the lowest of the bigger names out there. They offered to just replace my bumper/hood with aftermarket (decent quality, I went and looked before they started work) rather than spend labor trying to fix it.

I've encountered absolutely no problems and there was no corner cutting as far as I can see.
So yes, you get what you pay for, but YMMV also applies.

But if I were you, and the $300 was from a well-reputable shop, I'd just go there.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

guaranteed color match
guaranteed workmanship
R+I of all necessary parts
Sure why not
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote