REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
T4RAWR is a superior cowboy....so superior he eats other cowboys for dinner.
Advertisement
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #52
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
who knows what happened before she started filming....maybe jwoww threatened her?
Exactly what I was thinking. I can't see someone start taking video and immediately dare someone to threaten/assault them. They probably had a prior altercation and she decided to start videotaping this time around.

Not the smartest thing to provoke someone, but I bet she was trying to get Jwow to threaten her "again" so that this time she'd have proof.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Only place id have a confederate flag would be on my general lee
Posted via RS Mobile
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #54
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I knew the victim, she was a mouthy biatch since highschool.
Posted via RS Mobile
98twofourty is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #55
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98twofourty View Post
I knew the victim, she was a mouthy biatch since highschool.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yup. Can picture that.

They got rid of roping events, so thats a win, yes?

Maybe she should go and protest McDonalds. At least the animals at the rodeo walk after they are done their part.

Most of it is horses anyway, and horse people treat their horses better than others treat their kids.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #56
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

lol dragonay top comment on youtube. i predict shes going to get tons of pizza deliveries tonight.

soon to follow: closing of facebook account, change of cell phone number, go in hiding for a few months and possibly lose her job.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #57
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
lol dragonay top comment on youtube. i predict shes going to get tons of pizza deliveries tonight.

soon to follow: closing of facebook account, change of cell phone number, go in hiding for a few months and possibly lose her job.
Pretty sure sending pizzas to her house is more of a burden on the pizza companies than on her....

"oh no, I have to walk to my front door every now and then to decline a pizza that I didn't order...gee, this sucks..."
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
and does she really look like someone who has a job?
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 AM   #59
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
Only place id have a confederate flag would be on my general lee
Posted via RS Mobile
I see confederate flag and automatically think of Daisy Dukes.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #60

^ Mmmmmm, Daisy Dukes. Now I've got a Chubb
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #61
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I wonder when it's going to come out it's her
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #62

If you're running a confederate flag on your truck, then it had better be a real truck and you can't do the following:

-live in an apartment
-go to starbucks with other's wearing cowboy boots and hats

and you should actually know how to ride a horse.

This is what I see in Ladner anyways....
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #63
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
a little more visibility into the video/situation:

The Province | Latest Breaking News | Business | Sports | Canada Daily News

A Surrey woman is still in shock after an ugly racist confrontation outside the Cloverdale Rodeo ended with an alleged assault.

Shukria, 27, an animal-rights protester, was walking to her car at around 4: 30 p.m. on Saturday when a woman took offence to the sign she was carrying that read: "Rodeo . . . when coward boys have fun."

"She did not like my sign, and she started yelling, saying she was going to hit me," said Shukria, who asked that her last name not be published.

"Her exact words were: 'I'll beat the s---out of you' and that I should go back to my country if I don't like it."

Shukria whipped out her phone and began taping. The 48-second clip, uploaded to YouTube, shows a woman in a dark-coloured jacket and white sunglasses hurling racial slurs and profanity.

At one point she acknowledged she was racist and threatened to "blow your f---ing country up."

A friend tried to drag the woman away, saying, "She ain't worth the time." But the woman got away from her and approached the camera. The video ends with sounds of an apparent scuffle.

Shukria said the woman spat on her face, pulled her hair, punched her, threw her to the ground and kicked her.

"I'm just speechless," she told The Province. "I've never even heard those words before. All those things she said because of the colour I am and because I'm doing something to help the animals."

"It's disturbing mentally and physically overwhelming," she added. "It was distressing and disturbing especially because she had two kids with her. She did this in front of three children."

Shukria's nine-year-old niece was with her and witnessed the incident.

Shukria, who's a new mom, says she's still sore and has bruises but can't take painkillers because she's breastfeeding her three-month-old baby.

She's attended other animal-rights protests before, taking a stand against shark fin and animal testing, but this was the first time she's been attacked: "We were (at Cloverdale) last year as well. People were swearing us up, but nothing like this, ever."

Surrey RCMP Cpl. Bert Paquet confirmed that police are investigating the incident.

"Our investigation is still active, and we are looking to identify the female seen in the video as well," he said.

The alleged attacker was identified online by YouTube commenters. Her Facebook page has since been removed.

Some online comments have noted that Shukria seemed to have been egging the woman on, with statements such as, "Come here, hit me," and "Keep talking."

Shukria said she was nervous, so she began recording, thinking that if she was going to get hit, at least it'll be on video.

"But no matter what somebody said to someone, they still don't deserve to get spit on or hit," she said.

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #64

Best comment from the video about the fat chick in blue trying to break things up:

"Call Willy Wonka - someone needs to go to the juicing room to get squeezed."

IMO this is a win:win. I hate protesters, especially the yappy in-your-face types. So it's funny to see her get smacked. I also hate racists so seeing this bitch make a fool of herself also makes me smile. I hope the police don't waste any time on this - they've made fools of themselves already.

Edited: Just read the article above. Now I really hope the police do nothing. So many protesters have this mentality that if something happens to them it's the end if the fucking world. Like "how dare you do or say that to me" and blowing everything that happens to them way out of proportion.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #65
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Up until she spits on her, I'm happy to say I don't care.

It's reprehensible to say some of these things, but I certainly don't want her freedom of expression curtailed with some bullshit "hate speech" laws used.

Right up until spitting, the woman is as free to say whats on her mind as the protester is hers.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #66
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Jennifer Johanson FB profile has been removed..BUT her mothers is still up:

Mabel Johanson.

here are photos of her daughter Jennifer.. NOTE: same earrings!

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #67
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:01 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #68
Banned By Establishment

its a little cowardly to chase after a caged animal, rope it up, and act like a hero for doing it so in a 20x20 meter pen.

Also, some protesters think it is cowardly to treat animals poorly.

Protests at these events are pretty common....they are ever present at the PNE every year. This situation obviously did not start the second she flipped the camera on so I am interested in finding out what the back story is.

I don't think she went out of her way....j-woww walked over to her.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #69
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Yup. Can picture that.

They got rid of roping events, so thats a win, yes?

Maybe she should go and protest McDonalds. At least the animals at the rodeo walk after they are done their part.

Most of it is horses anyway, and horse people treat their horses better than others treat their kids.
Protesters often oppose the 'use' of horses by humans.

The common arguments are as follows:

"The act of riding places unnecessary and excessive on a horse,"

research shows, a mature horse suffers no additional strain when being ridden as long as the rider is competent and weighs less than 20-25% of its own body weight.

"Spurs, bits, and whips are cruel,"

although rare exceptions do exist, spurs and bits do not harm a horse. A spur is similar to a fork, in that it has dull points, and obviously, tapping a 1200lb animal with dull points doesn't harm it. About forty commonly used designs of bits exist, and with few exceptions, they're essentially equivalent to touching your tongue with the back of a spoon. Whips offer a sharp tap, but not a painful one, just enough to act as a cue. A horse would not respond positively to pain.

"Horses break their legs and are shot!"

Horses break their legs standing in fields too, it's unavoidable. Blue Hors Matine (from the viral hip hop dressage video) broke her leg standing in a field. A horse with a broken leg should, almost always, be shot. A horse has 206 bones in its body, and 80 of those are in its legs, they're simply outside our ability to heal.

There are others, but those are the major ones...

Clearly, the arguments are pretty baseless.

Quote:
its a little cowardly to chase after a caged animal, rope it up, and act like a hero for doing it so in a 20x20 meter pen.

In my opinion, roping events while a little cruel, are 100x less so than feed lots, which is where 98% of beef comes from.

Last edited by MindBomber; 05-22-2013 at 10:42 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #70
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Why would you bring your nine-year-old niece to a protest? Stupid move. I wonder if her brother or sister knew what she was doing.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post

Would you hit it? Sorry if I'm OT a bit.

I'm still on the fence
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #72

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:

Protests at these events are pretty common....they are ever present at the PNE every year. This situation obviously did not start the second she flipped the camera on so I am interested in finding out what the back story is.

I don't think she went out of her way....j-woww walked over to her.
I cant see it being cowardly to chase after a caged animal, a guy/girl has to be in control of his horse and have some decent dexterity with his lasso/ hand eye coordination to catch the animal. even then, the animal gets caught, then its free to go back and eat and stay in its pen. whether its in a 20x20 cage or a 10 acre field, either way its getting roped up, this just makes it easier to fit a couple thousand people around it to watch.

protester was a retard, and the drunk girl is a dumb ass. really I don't have any sympathy for either of them...

-edit-

dinamix, if she lost 20-30lbs and got rid of the lip piercings and kids...id possibly consider it after a long intoxicated night at the roxy
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #73
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:28 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #74
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
front page news on the province.

they quoted all the remarks of the attacker and some of the protester and noted that some people believe she "egged" the attacker on.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #75
Banned By Establishment

yeah, let me clarify....i am "meh" to the whole thing...protests and all. i don't know enough about the treatment of the animals, etc to make my own judgement, I was just explaining what that chicks sign meant.

i just don't think there is any excuse to spit on someone and call them racial slurs....i don't care how much you disagree with the protest.

and on top of everything, bitch said she is a "proud" racist. thats the shit that pisses me off...