REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Drinking and littering... not in Edmonton buddy - Police brutality content

"The police are beating up these two guys because they threw a pizza slice to the garbage bin and they missed. I think they take littering very seriously."
Edmonton Police Video Sparks Review Of Alleged Brutality (GRAPHIC)

Gotta love the cops reaction when he hears the words filming...
Welcome to Canada... just dont litter or film our police when we are beating someone up.
Advertisement
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
spot for sale
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,565 Times in 4,288 Posts
We really need a thread titled "No One Gives A ****"
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
can i get the video where i can see these guys throw a slice of pizza onto the ground causing the cops to go ape shit on them without warning?
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Excessive force? Yes. Will the alleged criminal continue to litter? Maybe.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

That is all a big misunderstanding.pigs love pizza. Don't fuck with their pizza and you're safe.
Posted via RS Mobile
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
I am Hook'd on RS

Still find it annoying when people miss trash can and keep on walking.

Like pick it up and put it back in to the trash since you actually tried to in the first place? takes 2 seconds.
Bonjour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
We really need a thread titled "No One Gives A ****"
These three mens Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms have been violated in my eyes.

Please explain your comment so that I know where to put you on my personal members with common sense list.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
These three mens Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms have been violated in my eyes.
That's the problem: your eyes see all sorts of bizarre and imaginary things, based on what you think the world is, and refuse to see anything that refutes your own world view. You have no idea what actually happened leading up to this beating; they may have been raping a child for all you know. You just take the video's claims at face value because doing so allows it to support what you want it to show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
nice video edit of after the guys are down. Everytime you watch a video of cops laying it to Shit rats, does a small part of you die inside, CiC?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
I subscribe to Revscene

Unlike you guys I take in the full spectrum of evidence.
Firstly the camera man with his weak voice, most likely not friends with the macho guys on the ground (none collaborator), feels that injustice is being committed and takes a heroic stance by telling the cops that he's recording so that the suspects arent further assaulted.

Second, the police officer is plummeting the suspect in the face while on top of him, and asks him to roll on your back (hes probably 200lbs) then proceds to punch him in the face again.

Lastly after hearing the camera man say hes filming, one bright officer pops his head up, knowing what they're doing is wrong, and charges the camera man.

You dont need a degree in psychology or be a gray haired judge to know what is happening here. This is a common sense police brutality case.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,006 Times in 159 Posts
are they zionists?

Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
I subscribe to Revscene

Surly the Zionist elites have implemented a system where police officers are to obey a higly aggressive, almost tazer killing, stance on any unruly citizens.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Unlike you guys I take in the full spectrum of evidence.
Would you care to share it with the class then? Because it ain't in that video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #15
I subscribe to Revscene

Its one parties word against the other... do the police have witnesses to back up what ever possible child raping excuse you're imaging here?
But the video clearly shows the officers are in the wrong and I believe the impartial camera man is the one who has put the labels and his accounts of the events on the video... a witness to a crime in the suspects favour.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
you dont take the full spectrum of evidence, its really delusional that you would think that. there is a small clip there that may or may not be taken out of context, if you really do want to argue your point or back it up, find more evidence.
its very hypocritical of you to want these police officers burned at the cross when you preach equal rights, do they not have the same rights as us? what happened to innocent until proven guilty? you're probably just as bad as them if you would jump to conclusions like you do, hell maybe you should sign up if they're really as bad as you say they are.

"THESE COPS ABUSE THEIR POWER! POLICE BRUTALITY, DEMAND PUNISHMENT"
"THESE GUYS LITTERED AND ARE INTOXICATED, PROCEED WITH PUNISHMENT"

whether which party is right really isnt even the point here because once again youve twisted to fit your own agenda and sidetracked the conversation towards yourself again. yes this may be a case of police brutality, it wouldnt be the first but if it is, something needs to be done about it... but "Welcome to Canada... just dont litter or film our police when we are beating someone up" ... you should go work for fox news
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #17
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Welcome to real life, enjoy your stay. I've had shit like that happen to me from some cops who just felt the need to prove themselves. You shut your mouth (try to). Suck it up, and go home.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
I subscribe to Revscene

To duy-
Okay mr. proven till guilty, but what about the guy filming the video... is it not Canadian to film police now? I didnt know this law existed... or did the officer need that evidence before the suspects were even handcuffed?

Also the punch at the 10 second mark... was there an immediate threat for that punch to be delivered? Obviously not as one of the other officers was more concerned about being on film. Can one punch cause brain damage or even death? Yes. So in the moment of the video clip, the punching officer is already guilty of that.

Child hood deformity or one hell of a swollen face?
Old 05-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
RS Veteran

LOL.. evidence is something that supports fact. What you perceive from viewing an edited video is not evidence, it is your OPINION. every droplet of shit that dribbles out of your mouth, is your opinion, because if it were fact, we all wouldn't think you were a complete moron.

Your ASSUMPTION that the guy filming isn't associated or friends with the shit rats is an ASSUMPTION not evidence, not fact.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
I think you need to actually read the acticle CiC.

Quote:
The video catches what looks like the arrest of two men by several EPS members in the early morning hours of May 20, after one of the men allegedly threw a piece of pizza at a garbage can and missed.
Its allegedly. You claim that IT IS in fact what happened. And 2, the clip that you have shown only shows whats happening and nothing before that. The "excessive force" does seem excessive for what is shown, but we don't know what happened before this video started. So it may have been called for. We just don't know.

Your claim to immediate threat is not right there and then, but IF the guy had resisted or shown violence before, then maybe this "excessive force" is necessary. Not siding on any side, but like said before, we need more information/evidence.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #21
I subscribe to Revscene

Clearly there's no immediate threat unless the suspect had a third arm that is not shown in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
LOL.. evidence is something that supports fact. What you perceive from viewing an edited video is not evidence, it is your OPINION. every droplet of shit that dribbles out of your mouth, is your opinion, because if it were fact, we all wouldn't think you were a complete moron.

Your ASSUMPTION that the guy filming isn't associated or friends with the shit rats is an ASSUMPTION not evidence, not fact.
Droplet of shit, please keep your experiences to yourself.
Looks like your not new to North America and should know we have an institutionalized "culture" of police brutality.
You also have poor judgement and not even pick up what I just posted... had this guy been related to you, Im sure you'd be looking for a lawyer to press charges... to bring a settlement... not justice.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #22
I subscribe to Revscene

Wow, this happened today

Police beat a man and he later dies in custody.
The person who filmed the video wants to stay anonymous... why, its not like the police act like a gang right?

btw that Bakersfield father from last week that was beat and later died was found to have died of natural causes... go figure. oh also the 2nd cellphone video was erased after the police forcefully confiscated it.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-25-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
RS Veteran

Quote:
Clearly there's no immediate threat unless the suspect had a third arm that is not shown in the video.

Droplet of shit, please keep your experiences to yourself.
Looks like your not new to North America and should know we have an institutionalized "culture" of police brutality.
You also have poor judgement and not even pick up what I just posted... had this guy been related to you, Im sure you'd be looking for a lawyer to press charges... to bring a settlement... not justice.
Sorry but my relatives aren't shit rats and will never be in a position to be in a situation like that. That is fact. BREAKING NEWS..... WHATEVER THE MEDIA DEPICTS, IS FACT!!!!!!!!

You weren't there, so you don't know. So stop talking like you were the fly on the wall. Hire a lawyer to press charges eh? People don't press charges in Canada my friend. Police are the ones who lay charges. In BC, Police forward charges, and the Crown approves them. Are you American, or do you just watch a lot of Suits?

You don't know the following

- history of the individuals
- reason for their apprehension
- what could be concealed in their waistbands, under their shirts, in their pockets, in their mouths, etc
- what occurred previously to cause the officer to be on top of the guy (no wait it was simply littering!!!! )
- what police training, agency policy, and criminal code authorities allow regarding use of force.

Okay? buh bye!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #24
RS Veteran

The next video will be "RCMP officer shoots and kills a man who was running inside a mall stabbing people. Officer should have matched the assailant with a knife, as a gun would not have been a fair fight!!"
Old 05-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #25
I subscribe to Revscene

But you and I know the majority (thanks to citizen cell phone camera) of unruly people that are beat up by police are not drug dealers with drugs in their mouth or able to do much physical harm when they are pinned like that. Mostly likely we have a young adult whos also been building some muscles (intimidating to police) and is stupid drunk on alcohol... or worse yet, his government sponsored childhood meds have made him act stupid. He could be mentally handicap and unruly for all the officer knows.

Had he been a bank robber or did something spectacular, the media would've found out and mentioned it before releasing such a damning video.

edit - added last lines