REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #26
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
But you and I know the majority (thanks to citizen cell phone camera) of unruly people that are beat up by police are not drug dealers with drugs in their mouth or able to do much physical harm when they are pinned like that. Mostly likely we have a young adult whos also been building some muscles (intimidating to police) and is stupid drunk on alcohol... or worse yet, his government sponsored childhood meds have made him act stupid. He could be mentally handicap and unruly for all the officer knows.

Had he been a bank robber or did something spectacular, the media would've found out and mentioned it before releasing such a damning video.

edit - added last lines
Actually I don't know that the majority of unruly people who are "beat up" by police are harmless, and neither do you. Because you don't know these people personally. I don't even know how you can make that ASSUMPTION.

So what you are saying is that a bank robber deserves to be "beat up", but someone who has no criminal record, but was armed at the time police interacted him doesn't?
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

Well a bank robber could have accomplices and an immediate threat is there to quickly put the perp in handcuffs... but my point is that the news only had to call the department and find out what the charges were before posting the video with the alleged story. Without even looking back at the article, I believe they were ticketed and released at the end... and armed with only pizza crusts

Anyways, surely you think the women beating the man on his chest, with an officer on his back was police brutality? Im pretty sure blows from a night stick hurt.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
wow... sounds like you guys are picking on CiC simply to pick on him.... all he did was quote the article look at his post again his first statement are in Quotation marks

Read the Huffington Post article... its a quote right out of the report... (it's only about 200 words...)

Quote:
"The police are beating up these two guys because they threw a pizza slice to the garbage bin and they missed. I think they take littering very seriously."
Edmonton Police Video Sparks Review Of Alleged Brutality (GRAPHIC)

Edmonton Police Brutality - May 20th, 2013 - Whyte Ave - Combined Version - YouTube

Gotta love the cops reaction when he hears the words filming...
Welcome to Canada... just dont litter or film our police when we are beating someone up.

his last comment was in response to the cameraman being approached... considering how the rest of you normally interpret/read-into articles i don't think CiC was outrageous at all

seems like the rest of you are on the rag and just wanted to rag on CiC since he's become a punching bag for his typical posts (which this was not)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #29
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
[sarcasm]

"The caption on the video, which was posted by YouTube user zyon18, reads, "The police are beating up these two guys because they threw a pizza slice to the garbage bin and they missed. I think they take littering very seriously."

[/sarcasm]

SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #30
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
wow... sounds like you guys are picking on CiC simply to pick on him.... all he did was quote the article look at his post again his first statement are in Quotation marks

Read the Huffington Post article... its a quote right out of the report... (it's only about 200 words...)

his last comment was in response to the cameraman being approached... considering how the rest of you normally interpret/read-into articles i don't think CiC was outrageous at all

seems like the rest of you are on the rag and just wanted to rag on CiC since he's become a punching bag for his typical posts (which this was not)
Well, because of his previous posts, he definitely isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt from anyone here. And his arguments after the fact were definitely CiC'esque.

Quote:
Well a bank robber could have accomplices and an immediate threat is there to quickly put the perp in handcuffs... but my point is that the news only had to call the department and find out what the charges were before posting the video with the alleged story. Without even looking back at the article, I believe they were ticketed and released at the end... and armed with only pizza crusts

Anyways, surely you think the women beating the man on his chest, with an officer on his back was police brutality? Im pretty sure blows from a night stick hurt.
The guys were ticketed, and released from police custody. For them to be arrested, they would have had to do something to justify police arresting them. Ie, being drunk in a public place, which is arrestable, both Criminally and Provincially. If the males put up any time of resistance, or even any type of Assaultive behaviour, the Police are entitled to use as much force as necessary to apprehend.

You quoted the Charter, maybe you should look into the Canadian Crim Code as well.

25. (1) Every one who is required or authorized by law to do anything in the administration or enforcement of the law

as a private person,
as a peace officer or public officer,
in aid of a peace officer or public officer, or
by virtue of his office, is, if he acts on reasonable grounds, justified in doing what he is required or authorized to do and in using as much force as is necessary for that purpose.

I don't even know what the heck you are trying to say in the second part.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #31
I subscribe to Revscene

That reference is to the video of the beating and later death of a man from California that happened today, on the first page, post 22.

If you allow me to get CiC'esque when people get a birth certificate or become a citizen, they become a corporate "persons" and are basically certified cattle for the system... meaning I have no doubt the Canadian Charter of Rights is a worthless declaration and only a mantel piece so that people think they have freedom and keep being productive slaves.

The Story of Your Enslavement
no need to watch these videos or comment.

Last edited by Graeme S; 05-25-2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: edited to fix embed
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #32
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:

If you allow me to get CiC'esque when people get a birth certificate or become a citizen, they become a corporate "persons" and are basically certified cattle for the system... meaning I have no doubt the Canadian Charter of Rights is a worthless declaration and only a mantel piece so that people think they have freedom and keep being productive slaves.

YouTube address watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A
So this "story" from some dude is why were "cattle" for a system? Riiight, then I guess Jesus runs the system right?

So without this charter, Canada would be in anarchy. You could use the 6th part of the Charter (mobility rights) and up and leave you know. You don't have to be part of this system. BUT WAIT, you're still here and using a primarily Canadian website to spew your view. Cool, you're definitely part of the solution.

Don't go crying for these rights if you get arrested if you think it's a piece of paper, because then you've contradicted yourself.

On topic: if you instigate and do something that's arrestable, then cops have the rights to use "reasonable" force to subdue you. Of course "reasonable" is subjective, which is why this is a controversy.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #33
I subscribe to Revscene

Geez, call me a patriot I guess. And you? hmmm Stockholm syndrome?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #34
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

what happened to ftp guis
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #35
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
So this "story" from some dude is why were "cattle" for a system? Riiight, then I guess Jesus runs the system right?

So without this charter, Canada would be in anarchy. You could use the 6th part of the Charter (mobility rights) and up and leave you know. You don't have to be part of this system. BUT WAIT, you're still here and using a primarily Canadian website to spew your view. Cool, you're definitely part of the solution.

Don't go crying for these rights if you get arrested if you think it's a piece of paper, because then you've contradicted yourself.

On topic: if you instigate and do something that's arrestable, then cops have the rights to use "reasonable" force to subdue you. Of course "reasonable" is subjective, which is why this is a controversy.
LOL... If CiC gets arrested, he should waive his Charter Rights, and let the cops have some fun.

I really wonder what kind of lifestyle buddy lives.

CiC I feel sorry for anyone that has to ever encounter you in person. Do your parents, siblings, family share the same views as you? Is that where you inherited your moronic ideas from, or was that all you?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #36
I subscribe to Revscene

I dont know what kind of house hold you live in, but I wish to live in a secure and just society... one which has accountability for corruption on all levels.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #37
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Oh dear, CiC has started including http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement vocab in his rants. Shit's getting real-er.

Last edited by Graeme S; 05-25-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added URL
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #38
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
That reference is to the video of the beating and later death of a man from California that happened today, on the first page, post 22.

The Story of Your Enslavement - YouTube
So I watched the video thinking it would be interesting... Nope. It was full of mis-information and was borderline schizophrenic.

In regards to that video:
1. Roman empire rose to power due to their military might, as is the case today with the US.
2. If you think you're a slave, try going out to other countries and see how other people in REAL corrupt governments live.
3. US economy rose to power due to their resources (vast land/people) and staying out of the majority of WW2, NOT because they have "livestock".
4. If you think you're a slave to our government, then and move to the jungles of Congo. Who needs the government right?

How often do you leave the house man? I'm curious, because usually those were the statements of a recluse with a warped point of view on society and government.

Now, I'm not saying our government is perfect, few things in this world are. I don't want to compare ours to shittier ones to make it look like it came from the heavens. Our country will continually improve for the better... hopefully.

Oh and about the schools and indoctrination part of the video, more BS. Our education system is broken. Period. Sit down kids for hours on end a day and make them try to learn? LOL. Finland has it right, their kids get more than ample amounts of time outside and playtime. Finland also has the highest test scores for math and science.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christ...b_3202328.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...cience-reading

[/rant]

Back on topic. Being a cop is stressful dude. Don't tell me you've never lost your shit on; something or someone, ever in your life. It just happens that they go bonkers in a position of power and that shit is excessive.

Everyone has their talents, there are going to be a range of good police and bad police. You can't expect all of them to be perfect.

Looking into this whole police brutality thing, one thing is clear. If you want to get away with killing people, assaulting them... join the police. If you want to kill lots of people, join an army in an ongoing conflict.

More results of police brutalities.
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...e-behind-bars/
http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2012/10/14...-gone-to-trial
About the stanely park beatings:
http://injusticebusters.org/2003/Van...minal_cops.htm
Perspective from an officer about the issue and why there's mistrust for police today:
http://www.primetimecrime.com/column...3/20031224.htm

Last edited by DragonChi; 05-26-2013 at 12:49 AM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:50 AM   #39
I subscribe to Revscene

Mods can delete my post if they deem it too off topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
So I watched the video thinking it would be interesting... Nope. It was full of mis-information and was borderline schizophrenic.

In regards to that video:
1. Roman empire rose to power due to their military might, as is the case today with the US.
2. If you think you're a slave, try going out to other countries and see how other people in REAL corrupt governments live.
3. US economy rose to power due to their resources (vast land/people) and staying out of the majority of WW2, NOT because they have "livestock".
4. If you think you're a slave to our government, then and move to the jungles of Congo. Who needs the government right?
You're saying lots of country this country that as if they're sovereign. If you're knowledgeable, answer the following.
1 House prices doubled, leaving many poor and middle class unable to purchase a home. Why did it double?
2 Canada pays 30-40 billion a year in interest alone after constantly wasting money on useless things. What entity receives this interest?
3 The US caught a "housing crises" banking cold, why did many "sovereign" European nations catch it too?
4 Canada uses satellites to differentiate our vast forests for heat signatures and changes in colour for marijuana fields, why cant it destroy the red poppy drug trade in Afghanistan supplying 90% of the world and stop having police officers get killed by gang members? ...along with all its human misery.
5 I posted newly released video of the pentagon a few weeks ago showing no plane wreckage right after the crash, so why are we in Afghanistan?

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-26-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #40
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Mods can delete my post if they deem it too off topic.

You're saying lots of country this country that as if they're sovereign. If you're knowledgeable, answer the following.
1 House prices doubled, leaving many poor and middle class unable to purchase a home. Why did it double?
2 Canada pays 30-40 billion a year in interest alone after constantly wasting money on useless things. What entity receives this interest?
3 The US caught a "housing crises" banking cold, why did many "sovereign" European nations catch it too?
4 Canada uses satellites to differentiate our vast forests for heat signatures and changes in colour for marijuana fields, why cant it destroy the red poppy drug trade in Afghanistan supplying 90% of the world and stop having police officers get killed by gang members? ...along with all its human misery.
5 I posted newly released video of the pentagon a few weeks ago showing no plane wreckage right after the crash, so why are we in Afghanistan?
1. Demand. People buying houses at retarded prices. In addition to that, it is slightly contributed by inflation.
2.Canadian Treasury security. "Gross debt" is the national debt plus intragovernmental debt obligations or debt held by trust funds. Types of securities sold by the government include treasury bills, notes, bonds, TIPS, Canada Savings Bonds, and provincial government securities.
3. Many other countries economies are tied to the US economy. If US wealth stops growing, so do the dependent countries. Credits or monies based on this growth fail to produce more wealth, this initiates a collapse and everyone calls in debt which might default or bankrupt the current loaners.
4.Poppy field grows are located in an unsecured country where the poorest of poor are enticed to grow their product with enough returns to feed their families. They are further exploited by the drug lords that hire young people to protect them. LOL, being in an unstable country, I doubt police are going to want to storm a stronghold of hired guards and their full auto assault rifles. In addition to that, I would speculate that the industry is so profitable, that when drug lord is arrested, another one takes his/her place. Ala Mexico.
5.We are in Afganistan for to rebuild their country after the US decided to invade due to their hunt for Osama.

Last edited by DragonChi; 05-26-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
1. Demand. People buying houses at retarded prices. In addition to that, it is slightly contributed by inflation.
So in the year 2000 there was some kind of magic influx of money into peoples pockets and for them to start snatching up houses and for prices to double?
Do you have stats on how everyone got rich in this period?

2.Canadian Treasury security. "Gross debt" is the national debt plus intragovernmental debt obligations or debt held by trust funds. Types of securities sold by the government include treasury bills, notes, bonds, TIPS, Canada Savings Bonds, and provincial government securities.
What ever you say but who collects our 30-40 billion a year was the question.

3. Many other countries economies are tied to the US economy. If US wealth stops growing, so do the dependent countries. Credits or monies based on this growth fail to produce more wealth creates a collapse and everyone calls in debt which might default or bankrupt the current loaners.
Wait isnt the US debt at 16.7 trillion? is everyone loaning each other promissory notes... is that how the world works?

4.Poppy field grows are located in an unsecured country where the poorest of poor are enticed to grow their product with enough returns to feed their families. They are further exploited by the drug lords that hire young people to protect them. LOL, being in an unstable country, I doubt police are going to want to storm a stronghold of hired guards and their full auto assault rifles. In addition to that, I would speculate that the industry is so profitable, that when drug lord is arrested, another one takes his/her place. Ala Mexico.
Where do you get your misinformation? Soldiers even protect the plants
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKmJESBFsw

5.We are in Afganistan for to rebuild their country after the US decided to invade due to their hunt for Osama.
Why hunt for Osama and re-build the country when there was no plane wreckage at the Pentagon?
Old 05-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi
So in the year 2000 there was some kind of magic influx of money into peoples pockets and for them to start snatching up houses and for prices to double?
Do you have stats on how everyone got rich in this period?
Everyone, as in; the buyers of these houses with magical money or the sellers who became rich? Either way, I don't know of anything significant that happened economically in 2000 other than the tech bubble bursting.

What ever you say but who collects our 30-40 billion a year was the question.
The people that cash out on their investments/bonds/GICS. When you go into a bank to buy a bond or GIC after, and get interest on that. Thats where the money goes.

3. Many other countries economies are tied to the US economy. If US wealth stops growing, so do the dependent countries. Credits or monies based on this growth fail to produce more wealth creates a collapse and everyone calls in debt which might default or bankrupt the current loaners.
Wait isnt the US debt at 16.7 trillion? is everyone loaning each other promissory notes... is that how the world works?
Yes.

Where do you get your misinformation? Soldiers even protect the plants
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKmJESBFsw
Fox news. No. Fox news is as credible as Onion news network. I get my misinformation from CBC. Do you see any plants in that video? Even at the end of the video, the uploader says Fox is unfair and biased.
Why hunt for Osama and re-build the country when there was no plane wreckage at the Pentagon?
Twin towers
Old 05-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #43
I subscribe to Revscene

I put it in a spoiler button because its kind of off topic.
Spoiler!

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-26-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:39 AM   #44
HELP ME PLS!!!

Spoiler!

Last edited by DragonChi; 05-26-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:18 AM   #45
I subscribe to Revscene

Spoiler!

While Occupy Wall Street tents have been popping up all across the U.S., homeless people have been forced to Occupy a camp in the woods over the last 5 years.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-26-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #46
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
CiC do you ever sleep? If I'm not mistaken, you post pretty much 24 hours a day I guess I could check but I'm too lazy
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #47
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Spoiler!

While Occupy Wall Street tents have been popping up all across the U.S., homeless people have been forced to Occupy a camp in the woods over the last 5 years.
For Sale: Welcome to United States of Tent Cities - YouTube
Fuck those occupy motherfucking hippies crying about their sense of entitlement.

They want heaven and earth for doing dick all. They can go fuck themselves. Life ain't easy, deal with it.

You know what, until you're looking like a holocaust victim, so hungry you're eating fucking dirt to stave off hunger. I won't give a single fuck.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #48
I subscribe to Revscene

With the implementation of NAFTA, no tariffs (cheap WalMart products replacing jobs), bankers reducing the money supply, and the scamming of the housing crisis, some have no choice but to live on gov food stamps (garbage food) and some even to live in tents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
CiC do you ever sleep? If I'm not mistaken, you post pretty much 24 hours a day I guess I could check but I'm too lazy
Ive had a bad habit of staying up will 4am lately. Im off to bed now
Old 05-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #49
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Spoiler!

Damn this insomnia.

Oh, and my country is sovereign. It's not "as if" my country is sovereign. Don't insult me again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PatriationAlong with the other countries I mentioned... except maybe Congo. That place is fucked.

Last edited by DragonChi; 05-26-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #50
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Being so paranoid, he probably doesn't sleep. At the end of the day, I am sound asleep in the middle of the night, and live my life without any worry that I will be shit kicked by a random cop for no reason. Him on the other hand, probably is more afraid of being spied on by the government, having his phone tapped, and being watched by people of higher authority.

Have fun living the rest of your life CiC...

Littering and...... Littering and........?