REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 05-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
'05 Blazer stalling on start up

So my Blazer is starting to act up and i'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should look at next. Quite often it will stall right after starting. AFAIK, it doesn't have an immobilizer that would be causing it to cut out. It will run if I let it rev >2k rpms for a few seconds, but occasionally the needle will simply drop and stall the engine.

I've replaced the fuel pump with an AC Delco unit since the original died on me a few weeks back and the fuel filter with a Purolator. It also has relatively new plugs and wires.

It's currently throwing codes but only for the Bank 1 rear O2 sensor and the thermostat, neither of which I can really attribute to the stalling issue.

Thoughts on the cause? I've read some issues about the stock fuel distributor system being an issue on this engine, but that's something I don't really want to tackle unless I really need to.

2005 Blazer (non ZR)
V6
Unmodified except for larger tires and a frame lift.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I had a simmilar problem in my 03 Sierra, the thing that helped my truck out, was cleaning the intake. It had so much carbon deposit and stuff in the intake that it was actually causing some serious problems.

All I had to do was pull the intake and use some cleaner on the carbon build up and just spray it all in there.

Not saying this is a typical issue by any means however, its just one thing you can look for.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

I have no idea with the Blazer, but the IAC Valve likely is clogged with carbon deposits. And clean the Throttle bottle with some cleaner.

Or IAC could be bad.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

update?
Posted via RS Mobile
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote