REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,802
Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,890 Posts
Head Shaver Recommendations

Looking to keep the hair on my head shaved short so I was thinking of getting a head shaver (not a beard trimmer). any recommendations on what you guys use and where you got it? looking for something that the barbers use like this:



had one in the past many years ago but it was a cheap crappy one that pulled my hair a lot.

TIA

__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,742
Thanked 7,286 Times in 2,578 Posts
1000000X the Costco kit they sell, I can't remember if its braun or what brand it is

It's a leather case with like 15 attachments a great razor like the one you posted and a bunch of other accessories. I've bought cheap ones in the past as well and never really wanted to go $100+ then I was given this Costco kit and its awesome
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy
 
snails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: in a shell
Posts: 2,581
Thanked 5,914 Times in 1,120 Posts
i actually have the one posted in the pic, its black, company name is Andis, and it came with a beard trimmer also, i would suggest it because i have had many slipper sets and eventually they all failed. this one has a good sharp blade, can adjust the blade as well as many attachments and it was a good price iirc compared to others

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Xu.Vi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 578
Thanked 697 Times in 163 Posts
I got the Oster Fast Feed. Been using it for the past 3 years. Very reliable as its still working after multiple times of almost "over heating" it. Also a plus for me because there is a shop that specializes in sharpening Oster blades up the street (still no sign of needing to sharpen the blades).

Though if you wanted "barber-grade" stuff, check out the Oster Classic 76
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,742
Thanked 7,286 Times in 2,578 Posts
this is the one from costco, its actually a Conair



__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
pinn3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vαncouver
Posts: 1,476
Thanked 5,231 Times in 586 Posts
^ got the exact same one
__________________
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
winners also has WAHL ones. If you are just using it to shave your head, I don't think you need anything hardcore...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
yameen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 1,294
Thanked 129 Times in 48 Posts
to be honest it doesn't really matter. i've been using the one i bought from london drugs for $20 and i buzz cut my hair once a month for 2 years and still working. such a good investment.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
to be honest it doesn't really matter. i've been using the one i bought from london drugs for $20 and i buzz cut my hair once a month for 2 years and still working. such a good investment.
once a month? I get my hair cut every 2-3 weeks. When I had it buzzed it was every 1-2 weeks lol.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,742
Thanked 7,286 Times in 2,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
winners also has WAHL ones. If you are just using it to shave your head, I don't think you need anything hardcore...
i'll never buy any trimmers from winners again

spent $20 two seperate times on hair and body hair trimmers, first one did not even work OUT OF THE BOX :@ :@

second the charging port broke off about 6 months into use

neither i even bothered to return

that costco set i posted sells for $65 i beleive, awsome quality and kit for the price imo
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #11
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
i'll never buy any trimmers from winners again

spent $20 two seperate times on hair and body hair trimmers, first one did not even work OUT OF THE BOX :@ :@

second the charging port broke off about 6 months into use

neither i even bothered to return

that costco set i posted sells for $65 i beleive, awsome quality and kit for the price imo
I would've at least returned the first one that didn't work out of the box, lol
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #12
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,802
Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
that costco set i posted sells for $65 i beleive, awsome quality and kit for the price imo
thanks. i'll try to get that one. hopefully it's stocked as i couldn't find it on their website.
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 524
Thanked 409 Times in 111 Posts
don't buy trimmers or razors. Buy proper clippers. Also, don't cheap out and buy one with plastic casing. I've been cutting my own hair for the last 5 years and have been using the same clippers. Make sure you have oil and a good set of clippers should last you a while. I cut my hair every two weeks, sometimes once a week come summer time. Keep it looking fresh. I also have edgers to line it all up.

OP mentioned hair being pulled, a lot of times that happens due to dull blades or blades that need to be oiled.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #14
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,742
Thanked 7,286 Times in 2,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I would've at least returned the first one that didn't work out of the box, lol
I think I smashed it in an attempt to get it working lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
FARMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Van
Posts: 36
Thanked 18 Times in 8 Posts
I have a WAHL shaver that I bought from Canadian Tire. I've been using it 2-3 times/week for over a year now. Cheap too ($30-40).
FARMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,340
Thanked 13,203 Times in 3,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_city23 View Post
don't buy trimmers or razors. Buy proper clippers. Also, don't cheap out and buy one with plastic casing. I've been cutting my own hair for the last 5 years and have been using the same clippers. Make sure you have oil and a good set of clippers should last you a while. I cut my hair every two weeks, sometimes once a week come summer time. Keep it looking fresh. I also have edgers to line it all up.

OP mentioned hair being pulled, a lot of times that happens due to dull blades or blades that need to be oiled.
QFT.

Make sure you clean and oil it after use. My Wahl's lasted me the better part of the last 15 years and I use it once every 3-4 weeks. Every year or so, I'll completely disassemble it, clean it out and re-oil.
__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
racerman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 3,706
Thanked 340 Times in 208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE BOY View Post
QFT.

Make sure you clean and oil it after use. My Wahl's lasted me the better part of the last 15 years and I use it once every 3-4 weeks. Every year or so, I'll completely disassemble it, clean it out and re-oil.
This is an important thing to remember in order for it to last a while.
__________________
Fuelled by rice

FS www.list4all.com/racerboy88
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #18
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
cunninglinguist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 605
Thanked 212 Times in 89 Posts
I've had my Wahl over 15 years as well. Key is to use oil. Keep in mind the blade can be sharpened with a stone after you take it apart.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
sam0m0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Argh
Posts: 512
Thanked 110 Times in 53 Posts
same using a wahl for abt 5 years now, I got the one with the 0.5 green clipper for a nice close shave
sam0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #20
WOAH...shut the music off...
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,802
Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,890 Posts
ended up getting the costco conair kit. really cheap too only $35. i forgot to oil before using it so it was a little harder but i'll be sure to do it beforehand next time. thanks for the recommendations guys!
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #21
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
How do you guys clean your clippers?

Disinfecting alcohol or is hot water+soap fine lol
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #22
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,340
Thanked 13,203 Times in 3,601 Posts
Because I'm the only one who uses them, I just brush out all the crevices and re-oil, normally.

When I fully dismantle it to give it a thorough cleaning, I wipe everything completely dry, clean out the entire casing, possibly sharpen the blade, reassemble and oil.
__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net