REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   MOM Courtesy Warning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684675-mom-courtesy-warning.html)

AW11 05-30-2013 04:20 PM

MOM Courtesy Warning

1 Attachment(s)
i got this 2 times already, anyone know what it means? i called them and they said they cant tell me because they arnt authorized to do so.
Attachment 17266

axxess 05-30-2013 04:32 PM

I've got one before aswell. The security guard told me its because I parked at metrotown for over 4 hours, but in reality, i dropped my gf off, and came back 5 hours later to pick her up. They said to go to the security office and clear it up, its just a warning that next time there could be a possibility of towing. (Granted you parked for over 4 hours)

Spidey 05-30-2013 05:16 PM

I bet OP parked for over 4 hours.

boibuddha 05-30-2013 05:54 PM

They have a car that drives around and scans plates now. Prevents people from parking and taking the train/bus elsewhere.

It kind of sucks for the legitimate situations like axxess', but at least the car is still there. At metrotown, they are pretty lenient with their towing policy.

For axxess, perhaps get your gf to register your car under her name with security.

stewie 05-30-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boibuddha (Post 8249746)
They have a car that drives around and scans plates now. Prevents people from parking and taking the train/bus elsewhere.

It kind of sucks for the legitimate situations like axxess', but at least the car is still there. At metrotown, they are pretty lenient with their towing policy.

For axxess, perhaps get your gf to register your car under her name with security.

what about people who work in the mall and park there for 6+ hours a day?

inv4zn 05-30-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8249878)

I don't think they're allowed to, or there is an employee parking lot in the far corner.

I saw a civic getting towed from silvercity lot, and I asked the security guard why he was getting towed - said the car regular parked there for hours and hours, and that it was just a lazy mall employee who didn't want to walk.

stewie 05-30-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8249922)
I don't think they're allowed to, or there is an employee parking lot in the far corner.

I saw a civic getting towed from silvercity lot, and I asked the security guard why he was getting towed - said the car regular parked there for hours and hours, and that it was just a lazy mall employee who didn't want to walk.

meh, ill just pull into a spot...front grill to the wall, park in 4low and crank the wheel to the left/right and put a club on the wheel so it cant be moved. good luck getting a flat bed truck in the underground parking lot to tow me.

ps - if they attempted to tow my truck in 4low and fuck it up, whos responsible?

inv4zn 05-30-2013 11:19 PM

They don't use a flatbad - they hook it, and will probably fuck up your car.

If I was an asshole tow truck driver (and most of them are) I'd just feel more compelled to tow you because you've challenged me.

stewie 05-30-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8249977)
They don't use a flatbad - they hook it, and will probably fuck up your car.

If I was an asshole tow truck driver (and most of them are) I'd just feel more compelled to tow you because you've challenged me.

well wouldn't they be held responsible if they damage the vehicle? or if im doing it on purpose should I just take a before and after photo each time I do it for proof that the damage wasn't already there lol.

when my truck is pulled into a spot, its not that easy to get in and out from the doors, so if my wheels are cranked and locked, they're gonna have one hell of a time squeezing in between the cars on both sides of me to get those little foot dolly things in there.

inv4zn 05-30-2013 11:36 PM

lol I'm not arguing with you, and yes technically they would be, but that's one fight I don't ever want to be in.

But yeah, if your car/truck is that much of a hassle then they might just say fuck it.

YMMV :troll:

stewie 05-30-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8249994)
lol I'm not arguing with you, and yes technically they would be, but that's one fight I don't ever want to be in.

But yeah, if your car/truck is that much of a hassle then they might just say fuck it.

YMMV :troll:

lol I kinda wanna try it just to see how they would go about towing it lol...wish I knew someone who was a tow truck driver just so I could watch him pull it out then drop it for free lol.

melloman 05-31-2013 08:07 AM

I've gotten the same type of ticket. but haven't had time to go to their offices.

I went there to buy tickets to a movie later that day. Came back to watch the movie, and got a warning ticket.

2 n r 05-31-2013 09:12 AM

Employees at metro get a decal they stick to their windshield
Posted via RS Mobile

melloman 05-31-2013 09:41 AM

Sent a message to Metrotown @ Metropolis. Their response:

"If there are any problems, tell them to contact info@metropolisatmetrotown.com with their concern and we'll try to forward it to the right person. thanks"

Pretty much just passing the buck. Either that or go straight to their office as phone calls are bullshit.

Concord Parking
#925 - 4710 Kingsway
Metrotower I
Burnaby, BC Canada V5H 4M2
Contact Us - Concord Parking

If I get another ticket and there is an actual fine amount, tables will be flipped.

boibuddha 05-31-2013 11:06 AM

Employee parking is determined by the day of the week.

Weekdays - Silvercity, isolated superstore, and the top two levels of the zellers lots.

Weekends is just the zellers lot.

2nr is correct about the decal, they are given to employees REGISTERED with mall security.

snails 05-31-2013 11:11 AM

^ i worked at metro for years.. ive never heard of stickers, or special parking... also never received a ticket

winson604 05-31-2013 12:38 PM

I worked at Metro for a little while years ago and my manager had to register my car with the mall and I believe I got a decal if I remember correctly. I also remember I had to park in a spot that was against the far wall in the lower level.

aznkev03 05-31-2013 03:14 PM

That's just a notice telling you they caught your car parked for over 4 hours. If you didn't park there for that long, just walk into the security office and tell them, they will usually remove it hassle free. If you don't, you will get fined the following time and then towed on your 3rd or 4th violation

They used to use decals but now employee plates are just registered and aren't flagged when the vehicle drives around scanning the plates (changed end of the year 2012)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8249965)
meh, ill just pull into a spot...front grill to the wall, park in 4low and crank the wheel to the left/right and put a club on the wheel so it cant be moved. good luck getting a flat bed truck in the underground parking lot to tow me.

ps - if they attempted to tow my truck in 4low and fuck it up, whos responsible?

I'm pretty sure tow truck drivers can get in your car. I was towed twice and both times when I went to retrieve the car, my e-brake was off and once my car was not even in gear (standard 2010 civic)
Posted via RS Mobile

AW11 05-31-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spidey (Post 8249699)
I bet OP parked for over 4 hours.

i parked there for like 1 hour both times..

jlenko 05-31-2013 09:19 PM

It's not "MOM".. it's "M@M"... as in... Metropolis AT Metrotown

Ha ha.. insert "your Mom" joke here.

mqin 05-31-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8249878)

They'll have to go to the security office, grab a employee parking form to fill in with their vehicle information, plate #, the store they work at and bring it back with the store manager's signature. Then the security office will provide them with a Metrotown employee parking sticker to place on their windshield that will expire at the end of the year. And even so, they are only allowed to park in curtain areas, such as the far lots near where zellers/bread garden use to be.

However if they are caught parking anywhere else for 4+ hours they will still be issued a warning and possibly a tow as well. But to be honest I know people who have received over 90 warning slips in the past 5 years and yet to have their cars towed.

dared3vil0 05-31-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8249986)
well wouldn't they be held responsible if they damage the vehicle? or if im doing it on purpose should I just take a before and after photo each time I do it for proof that the damage wasn't already there lol.

when my truck is pulled into a spot, its not that easy to get in and out from the doors, so if my wheels are cranked and locked, they're gonna have one hell of a time squeezing in between the cars on both sides of me to get those little foot dolly things in there.

They will just drag it and rip the transfer case out of the truck. You REALLY don't want to risk it... They do NOT give a FUCK if they wreck your truck.

melloman 06-02-2013 05:37 PM

^^ That kind of damage can be sued over though.. Abit too obvious if they just tear the transfer case right out.. How are they going to argue that they didn't do that because yknow, a truck doesn't need that to drive into the spot, let alone get to the mall. :rolleyes:

NSX 06-02-2013 06:39 PM

Metro is messed now. Theres a Prius that goes around with those Sensors that read your license plate. They come in the morning, and scan all the license plates. The guy leaves and goes to oakridge and other malls etc, and scans other parking lots, then comes back to metro 4 hours later. If your car is sill there, you get a ticket. You dont get decals anymore. Your license plate has to be registered at the security office.

Heres the catch though. The people who drive around scanning plates dont work for Metrotown, but for Concorde. Everyone goes to complain at the security office when there are issues, and the guards get pissed because it has nothing to do with them. Even the guards get ticketed now, because they use to do the parking enforcement themselves. Gotta follow the rules now.

melloman 06-03-2013 07:20 AM

^^ If thats the case, I'm going to listen to what snails said while in chat.

No front plate, and reverse into the stall.

Scan my plate? :gtfo: