REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Ginseng and Swallows Nest

Any recommendation on what kind of Ginseng is good? Someone school me about it and looking to get swallows nest but I dunno wheres a good place to buy it.

Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
What do you mean by good?

Traditional Chinese / Korean / Japanese etc wants wild grown ginseng that is hundreds of years old. (Obviously you can't get it here).

Swallows Nest.. if you are thinking about bringing it in from overseas.. don't.. they will just trash it when you declare it. A bird flu vector.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

for a rough idea of canadian ginseng, look for golden yellow/brown skin, white/yellow root. if possible, ask for a sample of ginseng slice and eat it. it should be slightly bitter.

absolutely avoid the ones that look too dark or light and have smoother exterior. those are not good and tasteless.

birds nest is too crazy to understand, but look at the bottom of the ridge on the thick end to see how much thicker it is. usually they spray scraps on the bottom to weigh it down
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
The ginseng I tried are in pill format.

For some reason, my testosterone levels went higher than normal, leaving me MORE prone to anger and bad temper.

I stopped eating it, and went back to normal.

I think (I read it somewhere as well) that ginseng is supposed to do that.

-----------

For swallow's nest, I have a whole bunch of glass canned ones which I did not eat/drink any way.

Then, I found that the preservatives used to preserve them are very bad for you.

But, this is only for the canned versions.

The fresh or semi fresh ones, or "un" canned ones are much better, where you have to cook it yourself.

-------------

Most swallow's nest (the good ones) come from Malaysia.

More and more are coming from Thailand, but the best ones come from Malaysia.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
If you want to try Swallow's Nest, Brands is a safe brand to try.

If you want to buy raw imported.. try the Chinese Medicine dispensary on 1st and Renfew.. in the same complex as T&T.. just a few doors down due East.. they have been there for ages.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
I saw swallows and came in here.
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
I don't get it

if u want free "fresh" swallows nest, come by my place and take the nest away that is under my neighbors roof. its driving me crazy and i cant sleep cuz of the chirping
Cassijon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: