REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vacations and World Travel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vacations-world-travel_246/)
-   -   Thailand (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684774-thailand.html)

GabAlmighty 06-02-2013 04:34 PM

Thailand

Well, the girlfriend and I have decided to spontaneously make a few week trip down to Thailand. Thinking of staying anywhere from 2-3 weeks. I know this is less than what most people stay for (usually my friends are gone for one month+).

I'm hoping/thinking to get end of june beginning of july, expecting my posting message this week sometime and then organizing house hunting trips and what not so I can get some ideas down.

Now comes the customary, what to do down there? I did a quick google and have come to realize that there is a shitload of stuff to do while i'm down there but i'll try and narrow things down by giving a list of interests/things we're looking for.

-cliff jumping
-beaches
-monkeys
-hut on a beach
-partying
-hiking
-swimming
-saving money
-exploring
-rivers
-waterfalls
-cool shit
-diving/snorkeling
-not touristy shit

cho 06-02-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabAlmighty (Post 8251450)
Well, the girlfriend and I have decided to spontaneously make a few week trip down to Thailand. Thinking of staying anywhere from 2-3 weeks. I know this is less than what most people stay for (usually my friends are gone for one month+).

I'm hoping/thinking to get end of june beginning of july, expecting my posting message this week sometime and then organizing house hunting trips and what not so I can get some ideas down.

Now comes the customary, what to do down there? I did a quick google and have come to realize that there is a shitload of stuff to do while i'm down there but i'll try and narrow things down by giving a list of interests/things we're looking for.

-cliff jumping
-beaches
-monkeys
-hut on a beach
-partying
-hiking
-swimming
-saving money
-exploring
-rivers
-waterfalls
-cool shit
-diving/snorkeling
-not touristy shit

sorry im not gonna be any help but i lol'd at "cool shit"

MikeHB 06-02-2013 05:15 PM

I was just in SE Asia for 3 months. (Mainly Thailand) it's hard to find an area that isn't crawling with tourists in Thailand. Koh Samui is a major tourist island along with koh phangan and koh tao. The full moon party takes place on koh phangan (it's insane if you like 10'000 + people on a beach partying). Some nice beaches there though. Koh tao has sick diving and snorkelling but it's like 90% tourists on this tiny island. (Crowded with diving shops/schools not very nice beaches) There is also of course koh phi phi island which is like main tourist dest. In Thailand. (I would avoid it) koh phayam is supposed to be very chill with little tourists. Didn't make it there but heard lots of good about it. Go to a ping pong show in Bangkok. (Will blow your mind, who knew a pop off bottle could be opened with a vagina!?) Chiang Mai (northern Thailand) has some elephant treks, you hike quite a bit but get to ride an elephant if your into that.
If your traveling by ferry between islands spend the extra few baht and get the fast boat. (Lomprayeah cateraman)
Good luck!
Posted via RS Mobile

DragonChi 06-02-2013 05:55 PM

^ This