REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Thailand

Well, the girlfriend and I have decided to spontaneously make a few week trip down to Thailand. Thinking of staying anywhere from 2-3 weeks. I know this is less than what most people stay for (usually my friends are gone for one month+).

I'm hoping/thinking to get end of june beginning of july, expecting my posting message this week sometime and then organizing house hunting trips and what not so I can get some ideas down.

Now comes the customary, what to do down there? I did a quick google and have come to realize that there is a shitload of stuff to do while i'm down there but i'll try and narrow things down by giving a list of interests/things we're looking for.

-cliff jumping
-beaches
-monkeys
-hut on a beach
-partying
-hiking
-swimming
-saving money
-exploring
-rivers
-waterfalls
-cool shit
-diving/snorkeling
-not touristy shit
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Well, the girlfriend and I have decided to spontaneously make a few week trip down to Thailand. Thinking of staying anywhere from 2-3 weeks. I know this is less than what most people stay for (usually my friends are gone for one month+).

I'm hoping/thinking to get end of june beginning of july, expecting my posting message this week sometime and then organizing house hunting trips and what not so I can get some ideas down.

Now comes the customary, what to do down there? I did a quick google and have come to realize that there is a shitload of stuff to do while i'm down there but i'll try and narrow things down by giving a list of interests/things we're looking for.

-cliff jumping
-beaches
-monkeys
-hut on a beach
-partying
-hiking
-swimming
-saving money
-exploring
-rivers
-waterfalls
-cool shit
-diving/snorkeling
-not touristy shit
sorry im not gonna be any help but i lol'd at "cool shit"
Old 06-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I was just in SE Asia for 3 months. (Mainly Thailand) it's hard to find an area that isn't crawling with tourists in Thailand. Koh Samui is a major tourist island along with koh phangan and koh tao. The full moon party takes place on koh phangan (it's insane if you like 10'000 + people on a beach partying). Some nice beaches there though. Koh tao has sick diving and snorkelling but it's like 90% tourists on this tiny island. (Crowded with diving shops/schools not very nice beaches) There is also of course koh phi phi island which is like main tourist dest. In Thailand. (I would avoid it) koh phayam is supposed to be very chill with little tourists. Didn't make it there but heard lots of good about it. Go to a ping pong show in Bangkok. (Will blow your mind, who knew a pop off bottle could be opened with a vagina!?) Chiang Mai (northern Thailand) has some elephant treks, you hike quite a bit but get to ride an elephant if your into that.
If your traveling by ferry between islands spend the extra few baht and get the fast boat. (Lomprayeah cateraman)
Good luck!
Posted via RS Mobile
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ This