REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Want some saliva with those tacos?

...isolated incident but makes you think how vulnerable we are as consumers especially at fast food restaurants where you have nut jobs like this working. My wife's cousin is a food delivery driver and he has sooo many stories to tell about restaurants like Cactus Club, Earls, etc.

The Taco Bell shell licker is looking for a new job.

The unidentified employee and his co-worker photographer are no longer working at the involved Taco Bell franchise, the company announced on its website. A picture posted on Facebook had shown the employee licking a tall stack of shells and the social media masses were pretty grossed out.

"We do not believe these employees harmed, or intended to harm, anyone," Taco Bell said in a statement Tuesday. "But we deplore the impressions this has caused to our customers, fans, franchisees, and team members. The behavior is unacceptable for people working in a restaurant. Our franchisee is responsible for the employment and conduct of his restaurant's employees and he has informed us that he immediately suspended the employee shown in the photo and is in the process of terminating his employment. The employee who took the photo no longer works there. As we complete our investigation we will work with our franchisee to implement any additional action we find appropriate to address this situation and ensure it never happens again."

Taco Bell also explained the circumstances of the incident.

"The taco shells were used for training in March before we launched a new product, and were in process of being thrown out. Two employees, however, used them to take a photo for an internal contest in which company and franchise employees could submit for approval photos of themselves enjoying their first bite of the product. The contest had clear guidelines about what was acceptable and unacceptable. This image was clearly unacceptable – it violated the rules and spirit of the contest, and the employees never submitted it. But an employee posted it on a personal social media page in violation of the franchisee's policies, and it emerged online in social media."

The corporate public relations officials declined to identify the location of the incident. But the manager of the Taco Bell in Ridegecrest, Calif. on Monday confirmed to CNBC that it happened there. "We're currently dealing with it," Cathy Marx, the manager at Ridgecrest told CNBC in a telephone interview Monday.

The picture was originally posted to Facebook by an account listing an affiliation to Ridgecrest. It was later posted on the Consumerist website after a reader saw it posted on Taco Bell's Facebook page.

The Ridgecrest Taco Bell has an A rating from the public health department in Kern County, which did not return calls seeking comment.
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

dollar tacos whilst drunk are the bomb, licked or not!

just gotta hope the next taco i eat is keepin it clean
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
If they were in the process of being thrown out as Taco Bell did explain, I wouldn't call him a nut job as so much as idiot just goofing around.

But yeah, there's a shit ton of horrible stories revolving around restaurants. Thank god, none of that ever happened at the one I used to work at.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
The guy was just goofing around with shells he was probably asked to throw away.. I understand Taco Bell wouldn't be happy about that pic getting out because it makes people thing they're getting tainted tacos, but I think they could explain the situation (kinda like they did) rather than fire the guy. Or let him publicly explain it to save his job.. hopefully getting fired from Taco Bell turns out to be the best thing that ever happened for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
meh, Taco Bell sucks anyways.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
this shit probably happens more than we believe

oh well, as chinese would say it, 大菌吃小菌 (big bacteria eat small bacteria)
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
The guy was just goofing around with shells he was probably asked to throw away.. I understand Taco Bell wouldn't be happy about that pic getting out because it makes people thing they're getting tainted tacos, but I think they could explain the situation (kinda like they did) rather than fire the guy. Or let him publicly explain it to save his job.. hopefully getting fired from Taco Bell turns out to be the best thing that ever happened for him.
Or

The internal contest is just a "convenient" PR story for damage control.
Posted via RS Mobile
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
I would be mad if this was Taco Luis. Taco Bell?
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
hmm i read that as salvia.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: