REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Partially Open, Open, and Polyamorous Relationships.

To those who are not aware, a polyamory convention occurred in Vancouver this past weekend, tickets were expensive and sold out quickly. Indeed, the success of the convention appears to be a sign polyamory is alive and thriving in our city. The steady pace of activity on Vancouver specific polyamory forums, facebook groups, couples PoF profiles, and similar, further support this idea. Polyamory is also the most committal approach to a multiperson relationship, so I would suggest partially open and open relationships are likely more common. If that's the case, a significant portion of the population isn't following traditional concepts any longer.

What's this say about our generations changing outlook on relationships?

Do we, as a society, need to begin recognizing polyamorous relationships as equal to traditional relationships under the law like we have same-sex relationships?

A significant proportion of divorces are caused by cheating spouses, is this approach to relationships the answer?

This is an interesting subject, one which i believe warrants a discussion.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

As some people on this forum know I am currently looking for a third female for a possible poly amourous relationship (triad style, pm if interested to discuss further) so my SO and I have discussed some of the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
What's this say about our generations changing outlook on relationships?
I dont think it says a lot to be honest. I feel it is just too rare for a real poly amourous relationship for society to accept in terms of gaining the benefits that marriage gives you. It is a fun idea, it is awesome, people get jelly, but trust, jealousy, and envy of standard relationships prevails.

Something I didnt think about until it happened to me, the unicorn I found on RS (Unicorn = female that wants to join a MF relationship) over time had to back out (we are on good terms) because she was envious of a standard MF relationships. I suppose I never thought about it cause I am a guy and its flipping awesome for me, but for a female I can now see that it can be saddening that you dont have YOUR man.

Quote:
Do we, as a society, need to begin recognizing polyamorous relationships as equal to traditional relationships under the law like we have same-sex relationships?
I feel they should allow it, I mean in a real successful poly amourous relationship this is such a big issue as it currently is. My SO and I have talked about if it ever does get that far how would it work, currently cant think of any solutions LOL, we sort of just gave up and said "eh it will probably never get that far". But honestly I have no idea how that wedding would look

Quote:
A significant proportion of divorces are caused by cheating spouses, is this approach to relationships the answer?
If the trust is there then YES!
I like my SO a lot, shes super cool, but I am pretty comfortable in assuming that most guys just imagine being with someone else, or just even see a pretty girl on the street and go "damnn!"

So if my SO trusts this girl and is into her, and I am into this third girl and we establish boundaries e.g. can I fuck the other one if I get in a fight with the first? Can she or the third go around and play around with other guys? Can we go on dates with people not within our relationship? we think it can work very well. Triple income, if we get in fights there is a third who loves us both that can chime in (although i can see it getting messy if we dont collaborate properly), if youre too tired to fuck, the other can help out. Bunch a good stuff!

What do you guys think?
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
everyone fucking everyone is A-OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
it didn't work.

when you introduced the 3rd person, it gets interesting. I'm going to talk about specifically the 3some / 3rd wheel that's living together. I'm not talking about you and your gf living and you have another gf on the side living somewhere else.

first of all, was this initiated by the girl or by the guy. FINE, say this is something your gf is ok with, move along 2 months later, if your girl ASKS you she wants a 3rd guy into the picture, it gets really really uncomfortable if you aren't ok with it. Street has to go both ways, why can we fulfill your fantasy with 2 girls when you can't allow me to have a 3rd male into the picture.

That was one of the issues, the 3rd wheel gets pretty awkward. Do you kick him / her out after sex, is she just there for sex. That's the thing you have to be cool with and talk. If it's purely sex and the 3rd wheel is known and understands the sex only terms and conditions, maybe that's ok. But if it's not, it USUALLY gets into a lot of problems on the silent agreement. Can i stay over, can i sleep in the same bed until i go home, shoudl i stay for breakfast.

aside from that, the other part is the possibilities of STDs etc. it's a tough topic and you have to really address these concerns when your significant other asks.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: