REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Allergies (Hayfever) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684924-allergies-hayfever.html)

Spidey 04-13-2014 08:10 PM

claritin allergy and SINUS is what always worked for me. So far I haven't gotten immune to it. I tried Aerius a few years back, and the first time I used it, it was great.. then after that I immediately got immune... Reactine works okay... but Claritin 12 hour sinus and allergy has been the go to for me, and hasn't let me down. I have a HEPA filter in my room and I still wake up sneezing a bit.

Ch28 04-19-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbsali (Post 8257200)
I used to take basic meds and prescription nose sprays and nothing really did the trick. I'm allergic to every kind of plant, grass, dogs, cats, dust, etc. I decided to see my family doctor about it and he recommended a kenalog shot called Triamcinolone.

It was the best 16 dollars I ever spent in my life! No joke! I wish that i knew about this stuff 15 years ago! It's a shot that lasts about 3 months and takes approx 24-48 hours to fully kick in.

I'm highly allergic to cats and decided to put the shot to the test. Took a trip to my aunt's house and just the smell of her home (with cats) sets me off. I literally rubbed the cat on my arms and face and NOTHING!

WOULD RECOMMEND IN A SECOND

Forwarded this info to my gf

Thanks!

fliptuner 06-22-2015 10:19 PM

Anyone else get their ass kicked by allergies today?

I usually have it under control with Flonase and different antihistamines (depends on the year) but today was especially bad for some reason.

pinn3r 06-22-2015 10:27 PM

been using mometasone furoate nasal spray; seems to be working

my allergies were ferocious around April, but it's pretty timid now. thank god

tiger_handheld 06-23-2015 07:06 AM

has anyone's allergies been bad this year...like really bad?

MeowMeow 06-23-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8651229)

Yup...the worst year ever
I usually only take one or two allergy pills then im good for a year but I think I went through the whole 12 pack this year.
I also feel lile allergy seasons lasting way longer this year.

zetazeta 06-23-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 8651229)

Everyone I've talked to (and has hayfever) says this year has been the most brutal. I've heard it's because it's been sunny for the past weeks and hasn't rained in forever... supposedly rain helps.

Quote:

Rain makes a difference to hay fever symptoms because it washes pollen out of the air. Less pollen is released on cooler, cloudy days than on hot, sunny days.
Weather and hay fever - Live Well - NHS Choices

sonick 06-23-2015 08:48 AM

Mine was very severe a few weeks ago (very swollen, itchy eyes) but doc got me on Patanol eye drops and Nasonex spray and I've been 100% for the past week. Not sure if my allergies have died down or the meds are working.

radioman 06-23-2015 08:49 AM

Just got my weekly allergy shots.

I had a pretty bad week 2 weeks ago but I've been good since!

GLOW 06-23-2015 11:47 AM

been using reactine more often this year. good thing i got the costco pack :okay:

dat_steve 06-23-2015 01:27 PM

my allergies usually linger until mid may and are gone by June, but this year it's been brutal (still sneezing/sniffing up a storm every morning).