REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,750 Times in 3,867 Posts
1982 Mitsubishi minicab **firesale**

Hey there guys. I'll keep it brief. Something has popped up and I really want to snag it, so I'm putting up the minicab for a quick one day only below market value sale. Come take it home this Saturday, only $2000 w/ oem wheels. If not sold on Saturday I will just keep it. $2000!!!

Here's a link to my CL ad. I'll copy/paste the write up as well. Ignore the non-FIRESALE prices below

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/cto/3827726204.html

I've thought about it, and I've decided to put my little jdm van up for sale. I've owned it for a few months, and loved every minute of it. But since then I've picked up a scooter for around town, and I need a vehicle that is more highway friendly. It doesn't make sense to keep two low powered vehicles in the arsenal.

Facts and figures!
- 1982 Mitsubishi minicab 55
- 59,700 original KM
- nearly rush free (see below in cons section)
- 4 on the floor, no overdrive
- 550cc two cylinder ( 4 stroke )
- four wheel drum brakes
- everything works! To everyone's surprise..
- sound system has been installed
- includes a big box of parts like full brakes, clutch and pressure plate etc

CONS (let's jump right into it)
- this little van is virtually rust free. The tub is dry and surprisingly clean. The front doors have rust at the bottom (due to poor design of drainage) and the rear panel window tracks are rusted (due to the same fault). Nothing is structural, and aside from those parts this van is very clean
- it needs new shocks front and rear, and the control arm bushings up front
- the front coil springs have been clipped, and it is now lower.... On bumpstops. It looks fantastic but the ride is definitely NOT like a Cadillac.
- all parts can be ordered in through japanoid in new west
- the transmission sometimes makes noise going into reverse. I have a new bottle of redline synthetic tranny fluid to go with the van

Trivia, and Q&A
- can you take this thing on the highway? YEAH YOU CAN!
- is it nice to drive on the highway? Uhhh.... No. The top speed of the van is ~100km/h, which it can reach without too much difficulty. But once you reach 85km/h, a buzzer sounds in the cluster to remind you that you are going near the top speed
- is it safe? Absolutely not. It was built with no rear seat belts. The front belts are NOT inertia reel, the steering column is not collapsible, there are no crumple zones and obviously no air bags. So pay attention, and don't fuck up.
- do people dig the fact that its so dangerous? Absolutely yes.
- how big is the gas tank? 20L. It lasts me just over a week of driving all around Richmond and to work.
- does it hold alot of stuff? Yes. The rear seats fold up, and you can fit a huge amount of stuff back there. The subwoofer box I built slides under the rear seat an hides away.
- is it hard to drive on the right side of the car? Not at all. Since the van is so narrow, you don't even notice really. Left turning is still easy as pie.
Are fuel stops quick? NO. I get stopped and gas pumps, red lights, parking lots, and even rolling in traffic by people interested in the van. It's loved by everyone.

I'm not super interested in trades. Unless it was for something like an e30 325i or something nice for longer journeys.

I have also very much enjoyed owning a little rhd kei van. If you had another kei car you'd want to trade, I'd consider it. But please make sure it's maybe one of the turbo'd or supercharged ones, that way I wouldn't be left in the same pickle as I am right now.

$2700 with stock wheels, $3200 with the rota rb's with new tires. I strongly suggest getting them since they are a vast safety upgrade over the old stock 12" wheels. I don't really play games on Craigslist. So don't come and look at the van if you're going to spend an hour complaining about the shocks. You know it's problems, so don't come out and view it if you're just here to check it out.

Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: