REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Riding a motorcycle without a supervisor

Hey there,

Just wondering what the penalty would be for riding a motorcycle with your learners and without a full licensed supervisor.
Advertisement
Greatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
I don't get it

Don't do it, it's a stupid idea.
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Probably 'driving contrary to restrictions' 3 points and I think $100 ticket. Not worth it.
Posted via RS Mobile
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^ about that. I'd think the ticket would be either $167 or $196.. and don't forget a immediate tow on the motorcycle. (Tow fee's and impound fee aswell)
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
voids insurance as well.
Posted via RS Mobile
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Ticket for No DL or drive contrary to restrictions, points & penalty fees, driving prohibition, reset of your learner time clock and re-instatement fees, tow/storage fees for bike, stranded roadside, no insurance coverage in a crash....need any more?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Roadside, you face a VT for Drive Contrary To Restrictions (s. 25(15) MVA, $109) for as many restrictions as you're not abiding by, a 7 day impound of the motorcycle, and a taxi if requested. You'll also have the tow fee, the storage fee.

The OSMV may chose to prohibit you from driving for as long as they please (depending on your licence, points, how they feel that day, etc).
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:26 AM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Ticket for No DL or drive contrary to restrictions, points & penalty fees, driving prohibition, reset of your learner time clock and re-instatement fees, tow/storage fees for bike, stranded roadside, no insurance coverage in a crash....need any more?
The above happened to somebody I know (not a personal friend.)

Needless to say, public transit is now his ride.

Yeah. Don't do it. Not a good idea.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #9
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
When the restrictions are listed in writing on the very Dl you hold in your wallet, there is no way of being "mistaken". It is a very bad choice to ignore them and pretend that the consequences won't happen if you get caught....wanna bet they will try it anyway and then come back here whining about how unfair it all is?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:50 AM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Why would you stop for the ticket if you know you are breaking the law?
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

the only restriction that bothers me is not being able to ride at night after completion of the mst test.. im over and done with that but still i feel for riders who are learning and cannot learn past dusk where traffic is often more alleviated. and yet, we see scooter riders with little restriction rippin around town with no nighttime issues.

Last edited by dn53; 06-08-2013 at 12:03 PM.
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I don't understand the night restriction, is there a particular reason for it? I know things are harder to see at night (and especially during dusk) but how does that affect a person's ability to ride? How are they going to learn to ride safely at night if they can't practice it?
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #13
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
its the same restriction that you have when you have your 7L when you try to learn to drive a car. my guess is that ICBC needs to test you to make sure you know your stuff before letting you roam the night. MST test and the actual road test are quite different for those that don't know it. night time riding is just that much more dangerous.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #14
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I get that, but how are people supposed to learn to ride at night if they're not allowed to do so when they have a supervisor (someone with more experience that could help out in a potentially dangerous situation)? If you have your class 5, you can get your full bike license in what, a month? Does that month of riding (without the ability to try riding past dusk) really prepare you for riding at night? I've never ridden before but I'm wanting to get into it (waiting for my class 5), I guess I just don't understand why ICBC made it that way.

And I'm not saying it's wrong, just trying to understand it (I've never understood the time restriction on 7L licenses either).
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #15
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
its the same restriction that you have when you have your 7L when you try to learn to drive a car. my guess is that ICBC needs to test you to make sure you know your stuff before letting you roam the night. MST test and the actual road test are quite different for those that don't know it. night time riding is just that much more dangerous.
The restriction as a 7L for 4-wheeled vehicles is not the same. You can still drive after dark, but I believe the time restrictions cut in at midnight and end at 5am.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote