REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Disneyworld Vacation

Hey guys,

Planning a trip to Disneyworld/Orlando area for the first week of September. Anyone here have any insight on what would be the most cost efficient route to plan the trip? Piece everything togeather separately, find a package? Any site you guys know of that would offer the best package?
Would be staying 6-7 nights, want to hit up Disneyworld, Universal, and Seaworld and a bit of shopping in between.

Anything you think that would help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

damn all i know is that when i went , 7 days was NOT enough to cover Disney world and universal and sea world.... maybe i just walk slow and wanted to go on all the rides.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Female Driven

U need at least 10 days to make it fit...or else itd be really hectic. It takes a day for each themepark. My suggestion is to find the magic hours (extended hours) for each theme park and plan accordingly. You dont want to rush it and skip a lot of things!
Posted via RS Mobile
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I was there a year ago and to be honest a week is not enough for three major park. Best thing to do is to plan ahead on which ride you will go to. Fast pass is your friend in Disney. For unverisal, buy the express pass which is like a VIP to ride, where other just looking at you passing by them as they wait in line. WDW have 4 parks and you will need one day for each park , same goes for universal where they have 2 park. I didn't get a chance to go to sea world as my gf spend two day shopping in the outlet. lol
arnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
It's dead quiet right after Labour Day but also stinking hot. Wasn't a fan of Seaworld, it's not as educational as I remembered it as a kid.

Agree with others that a week may not be enough but I would just skip Seaworld. Loved the Disney experience and wish I had a week there.
Posted via RS Mobile
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Planning to go soon. Anyone else can share their experience in what is a must see and a waste of time.
ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:56 AM   #7
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
i was just there in october. how long you going for? if you can, i highly suggest that you stay in one of the disneyworld resorts. the convenience factor is worth it unless its way out of budget.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:37 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I can't say anything at Disneyworld is a waste of time tbh... Everything was awesome went I went in the summertime. I'd recommend spending 1 day in Disney Hollywood, 1 day in Epcot, 1 Day in Animal Kingdom and 2 days in Magic Kingdom.

Depending on how many people you're going there with and where you're staying, it might be worthwhile to rent a vehicle... Taking the taxi can get really expensive!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I went in November, weather was quite warm, mid to high twenties degrees. I spent one day at each park, which I thought was plenty of time. The park tickets aren't cheap either, hence I started my day early and didn't leave until park closing to gets my money's worth.

In terms of accommodation, if you can fork out to stay at the resorts, the convenience is great. However, I stayed in downtown Disney, which was just as great. 10-15 mins shuttle bus ride from hotel to each park. The hotel I stayed at offered free shuttle, which was awesome. I didn't want to drive because it costs like $15 bucks to park or something.

The only thing I disliked was the food inside the park. Expensive and some if not most were the same stuff offered. Didn't taste great food either lol.
Euro7r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

When I went a few yrs back, they would never include drinks with their ridiculously priced and super salty food haha. They would charge you like $4 for a coke
wingies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Another question is, are there any kids? if there aren't, save yourself the trouble and try not to eat inside the park that much. there are some you wanna try just for the experience and atmosphere, but the food is just normal.

if you stay inside the resorts, they have their own transportation system which is for free and is constant throughout the parks. if you stay outside of the resorts, most hotels would offer frees shuttles but you would have to catch it on time if you want to make it to the park/hotel in time so you are more on a deadline.

it was just me and my wife that went so we didn't have to go on to every ride or go into every store there was, we found that one week was more than plenty of time.

magic kingdom you would want at least 2 days. epcot and animal kingdom can be both done in one day. disney hollywood is another day, and universal can easily be a day or two. seaworld is meh, you can go or not, you won't be missing much.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote