REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Father's Day ideas? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685156-fathers-day-ideas.html)

?NR 06-14-2013 11:33 AM

when's the last time you gave your dad a hug? :)
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 06-14-2013 11:48 AM

I think it was in the late 80's.

Everymans 06-14-2013 04:03 PM

Going golfing, on me. And I'm going to sask to visit him, haven't seen him since december ad that was for maybe an hour. Good ol bonding time. This is next weekend for me though. Screw you hallmark holiday, I'm making fathers day on my own day.

MG1 06-14-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?NR (Post 8260620)
when's the last time you gave your dad a hug? :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Asians don't hug their fathers. Perhaps now they do, but up until last year, I have not heard of any cases of Asian kids (boys) giving their dads a hug.

It's like when's the last time you saw a Klingon hug their father? Never. Ok, maybe Worf's kid, but he's not pure Klingon.

?NR 06-14-2013 04:29 PM

^:lol that's my point.

We're not just Asians, I'd like to think that we are Canadians.
Posted via RS Mobile

bloodmack 06-14-2013 04:51 PM

This is how it will go down

Me: Hey dad
Dad: Hi

the end.

MG1 06-14-2013 05:59 PM

^you see, in my family it's the opposite..............

Me: hey, wussup.......
Kids: oh, hi

Once in a month or so, one of them will say, hey, how was your day?

I'll answer, OK, I guess.

MG1 06-14-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8259815)
Every sunday he listens to the beegees, air supply's, etc.

Bee Gees, maybe........... Air Supply - you sure about that?

I would think a little CCR, Led Zepplin, Earth Wind and Fire, etc. Some of you probably know these groups from your parents listening to them, yes?

Post your fathers' favourite songs, guys. It'd be interesting to see how old your fathers are. OK, maybe not Chinese songs...........

I listened to late 50's and 60's hits when I was a kid, LOL.

ilovebacon 06-14-2013 07:28 PM

Gonna go superstore and buy one of those whole bbq chickens for dinner. lol cant think of anything better to give him. Nothing can go wrong with foods.

StylinRed 06-14-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8260846)
Post your fathers' favourite songs, guys. It'd be interesting to see how old your fathers are. OK, maybe not Chinese songs...........

mine listens to Creedence Clearwater / Eagles / Rolling Stones / Beatles and wait for it.....Cher (he tries to hide it though :lol)

Hehe 06-14-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8259183)
my dads impossible to shop for...

he has just about every tool possible in his workshop.

if its an electronic item, it has to meet his standards or he wont want it.

cant buy him clothes cause hes way to picky as to what he wears.

could buy him a bottle of crown royal reserve...but that seems like giving lottery tickets and saying "I didn't know what to buy you...so here!"

been trying to ask my mom to find out what hes wanting...so far...no success...

Why not upgrade his tools to the best available ones? My dad is a really handy guy and he got every tools as well. But he complains about the crappy Chinese made screwdrivers regular stores carry.

So I asked my contractor buddy the best hand tool sets money can buy, I went to dad's shop, took a note of every hand tool he got in there, and bought an identical kit, but all German/Swiss (Wiha/PB Swiss) ones. Until today, he can't stop bragging about them in front of his handy friends. :fuckyea:

TOS'd 06-14-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Favourite band

MG1 06-14-2013 10:29 PM

CCR and Eagles........ damn! Those are my favs.

The Who. Never got into their music. I also, for some weird reason, stopped listening to radio and music, in general, during the 80's. Have no idea why. Definitely 70's music. Disco, LOL. KC and the Sunshine Band! Chicago, another great band.

quasi 06-14-2013 10:35 PM

My dads into things like The Steve Miller Band, The Eagles, The Beach Boys and a bunch of Country crap.

ae101 06-14-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Bee Gees, maybe........... Air Supply - you sure about that?

I would think a little CCR, Led Zepplin, Earth Wind and Fire, etc. Some of you probably know these groups from your parents listening to them, yes?

my dad loves classical music, opera & hes a big fan of Chicago the band as he grew up with them in the 70s when he was in Chicago for university

i will be taking him out for dinner tomorrow as my dad pretty much wants nothing & both of us are Buddhist so were not really to attach gives much

MG1 06-14-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 8260984)
My dads into things like The Steve Miller Band, The Eagles, The Beach Boys and a bunch of Country crap.

Like Kenny Rogers?

ae101 06-14-2013 10:46 PM

no one likes BOSTON......more then a feeling is a great song

JSALES 06-15-2013 06:10 PM

I'm not that close with my dad, I don't think I can really even hold up a conversation with him for long so spending time with him might be hard to do. Anyone else have this problem? Don't get me wrong, I love my dad but spending quality time with him might be pretty hard to do

MG1 06-15-2013 09:24 PM

Ask dad about his girlfriends. Hee hee......... promising not to tell mom, of course.

You could always ask him about how he met your mother.......... nah, stick to asking about his girlfriends.

I got to know my father well through chess. Chinese, Western, and even Shogi. Bugger was so good at Shogi. I don't recall ever beating him in hundreds of attempts. Beat him in Xiangqi a few times, though. I showed him how to play western chess and he gave me a run for my money. I remember him mocking me by starting to sing obnoxious songs when he knew he was going to kick my butt. So, when I knew I had him beat in Xiangqi, I would do the same. Ha ha.......... good times.

MG1 06-16-2013 08:50 AM

Happy Fathers Day, all you RS dads.

Be fair, but also stern (like a ship's stern - steer them right).

It's a tough job, but it's an important one.

To all you deadbeat dads out there, man up!

Nuff said.

ae101 06-16-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8261596)
Happy Fathers Day, all you RS dads.

Be fair, but also stern (like a ship's stern - steer them right).

It's a tough job, but it's an important one.

To all you deadbeat dads out there, man up!

Nuff said.

happy fathers day to u too old man, as i consider as my father on rs