REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Father's Day ideas? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685156-fathers-day-ideas.html)

twitchyzero 06-12-2013 11:21 AM

Father's Day ideas?

every year it creeps up on me and I've no clue what to do or get...like many guys i'm not very close with my dad.

i always just rely on the fall-back plan to get him some whisky :okay:

What are your plans for the old man?

fliptuner 06-12-2013 11:46 AM

Put $100 and a condom in a card and write: IMAGINE WHAT COULD'VE BEEN

:troll:

StylinRed 06-12-2013 12:07 PM

No idea, i thought i would get him something tech related but im clueless still :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8259107)
Put $100 and a condom in a card and write: IMAGINE WHAT COULD'VE BEEN

:troll:

he leaves you a note saying "what do you mean?" along with some change and a used condom

Hondaracer 06-12-2013 12:09 PM

30% off drill/impact sets at Home Depot got my dad the makita set
Posted via RS Mobile

T4RAWR 06-12-2013 12:20 PM

what does your dad normally do?

how does he spend his spare time?

hobbies, interests?

whats your budget?

Vansterdam 06-12-2013 01:19 PM

Forum sponsored by World Famous No5 Orange Gentlemen's Club

yogenfruz 06-12-2013 01:32 PM

Bought my dad a new socket set since his was missing a lot and jumbled everywhere. Canadian Tire has had some decent tool deals lately if your dad's into that.
Posted via RS Mobile

stewie 06-12-2013 01:48 PM

my dads impossible to shop for...

he has just about every tool possible in his workshop.

if its an electronic item, it has to meet his standards or he wont want it.

cant buy him clothes cause hes way to picky as to what he wears.

could buy him a bottle of crown royal reserve...but that seems like giving lottery tickets and saying "I didn't know what to buy you...so here!"

been trying to ask my mom to find out what hes wanting...so far...no success...

Jayboogz 06-12-2013 01:51 PM

Bought my father a reel. 270bucks
Posted via RS Mobile

jack3d 06-12-2013 03:15 PM

shaver

fliptuner 06-12-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8259183)

could buy him a bottle of crown royal reserve...but that seems like giving lottery tickets and saying "I didn't know what to buy you...so here!"

CT/HD/RONA/Mark's gift cards.

"I would've actually bought you something but you're too much of a picky bastard"

Troll him with a Princess Auto card first though.

Isaiah11 06-12-2013 04:18 PM

socks and deodorant

Ch28 06-12-2013 04:20 PM

A good idea would be to pick up a Keurig or Tassimo for your dad, especially if he's a coffee drinker.

twitchyzero 06-12-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8259183)

this
my dad gets all the things he needs for the best price
not to mention he has every tool as he used to frequent cambodian tire and princess auto
:toot:

T4RAWR 06-12-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8259606)
this
my dad gets all the things he needs for the best price
not to mention he has every tool as he used to frequent cambodian tire and princess auto
:toot:

get him a leatherman or a swiss tool.

Leatherman multi-tools: Charge TTi

SwissTool Pocket Knife, Swiss Army, Swiss Army SwissTool Pocket Knife

Mr.Money 06-12-2013 10:11 PM

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/resi...3_2_XLARGE.jpg

murd0c 06-12-2013 10:29 PM

Picked up my dad a bunch of BBQ stuff and im going to show up to his trailer in White Rock with a case of beer and a bucket of KFC. Spending time together is all that matters to him which is what it truly is about...

Wow I sound white and like a complete redneck reading that over but I'm being serious LOL
Posted via RS Mobile

MG1 06-12-2013 10:32 PM

Ah........... fathers day. Good thing it's not a big deal in my family.

Best thing next to making the old man a grandfather is to make him feel he still has it.

Break something and ask him to help you fix it...... OK, maybe not that obvious, but find a way to spend some quality time with him. You guys think sons feel like they can never live up to their dad's expectations. It works both ways. Dads will never admit it, but they fear not being able to live up to their kids' expectations. Not easy to explain.

Honestly, buying shit does nothing. Although, some quality tools like Snap On or Klein, or Knipex, would be nice, hee hee. I'd trade all the Cambodian Tire crap I have for one quality made tool. An Iwata Kustom airbrush set or a new welder or...... OK, I'm starting to contradict myself.

All kidding aside, spend some quality time with him. Whatever you do, don't do the cheezy, "We/I appreciate you." thingy. Dads need to know they are more useful than the tools in their tool shed, if that makes any sense.

Just my two bits.

hongy 06-12-2013 10:46 PM

Buying him a new phone or computer,

westopher 06-13-2013 12:09 AM

Try and find him to send him a bill for 28 years of missing child support, birthday/good report card/christmas gifts, allowance, etc. then split the profits with my Grandpa who did all the fucking work for him.
But seriously I'll probably take my grandpa for a round of golf next time he comes to visit. Furry creek, whistler golf club or somewhere a step up from the edmonton courses he's stuck playing.

NotDatGai 06-13-2013 01:21 AM

Took him out for an early father's day dinner at The Keg today as we're both working till late sunday. Got to spend time together with drinks, food and having a great time bonding. Felt good esp since we dont get to spend a lot of time together outside of work.
Posted via RS Mobile

FerrariEnzo 06-13-2013 04:27 AM

giftcard for BB/FS or Tims!!

MG1 06-13-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8259749)
Try and find him to send him a bill for 28 years of missing child support, birthday/good report card/christmas gifts, allowance, etc. then split the profits with my Grandpa who did all the fucking work for him.
But seriously I'll probably take my grandpa for a round of golf next time he comes to visit. Furry creek, whistler golf club or somewhere a step up from the edmonton courses he's stuck playing.

Good on you for saying thanks to your gramps....... he did what his son couldn't, or should I say, wouldn't (assuming same side of family).

I was going to post something about it being a tough day for those who lost their father or, in your case, had a deadbeat dad.

For those of you who don't have a father in their lives, thank the person who either raised you or became the father figure to you on this day for fathers.

I always visit my father's burial site on Father's Day.

quasi 06-13-2013 05:26 AM

Spend time with him, gifts for Fathers day are so over rated. Almost guaranteed he'd much rather spend some time with his kid then get a new tool or a bottle of booze.

PeanutButter 06-13-2013 06:06 AM

My dad loves speakers et al. Just really think what he does in his "off time". If you think hard enough, you can think of something. If your dad doesn't have a smart phone, get him one. My dad loves his iPhone now (but, make sure you set it up for him)

Every sunday he listens to the beegees, air supply's, etc. He has the video dvd sets. Maybe get him a DVD concert edition of his favourite artists.

Also, I always buy him new boxers and socks. The guy wears them to death and doesn't see the need to buy new pairs, but I know he appreciates the new ones I get him.

He also LOVES his mach 3's haha. So I always get him a few cartridges. All this added up with a stupid card and some time with him, I know he appreciates this.