REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 06-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

key fob problems in hot weather

ok this probably sounds odd, but on hot sunny days, I cannot unlock and lock the car with my oem key fob. basically the key fob doesn't work. its an 06 infniti by the way.

it does not sense it at all, even when i'm right at the door. I would have to lock the car from the inside. however, once I return to the car, and its not as sunny, the key fob works again. and if I park in shade, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

where is the keyless sensor head unit? can it be this that's causing the problem?

its not the key fob battery, as I have replaced new batteries to test it, as this has been an ongoing issue since last summer. and I've taken it to the dealer, and they tested the key fob and reprogrammed it as well. its just, whenever I go to the dealer, this problem doesn't occur when I need it to in order for them to check it out lol.

another question I have is, if I go aftermarket and get an alarm/remote starter, thus not using the oem keyless entry anymore, will this also solve my problem? as I plan on getting an aftermarket alarm/remote start anyways...
Advertisement
Dragon_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
It might be the wiring harness to the receiver is getting loose with the cold and heat expansion..

I would recommend you NOT to get the aftermarket / alarm until you understand the issue. You will be basically giving an extra party to pass the buck.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Does your other remote control work in the heat?

Keith McCumber
SoundsGood Auto Services
Everything we do is sound!

104-2700 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam 604-961-8626

1420 Boundary Rd. Burnaby, 604-676-8100

www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 6:00

Authorized dealers of: Focal, Audison, Alpine, JL, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Thinkware, Compustar, K40...

WE ACCEPT: ICBC Claims, VISA, MC, DEBIT, PAYPAL AND CASH.
installerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

What model Infinity, I can probably look it up for you and find the factory keyless/alarm module.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

both remotes do not work when this problem occurs.

catalin, its a qx56, you installed a small underseat sub in my car a few years back...
Dragon_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #6

Oh hey David! I'm thinking that perhaps there's an issue with the keyless module like a cold solder joint. Perhaps finding the module and rresoldering it's antenna will fix it. Worth a try, I'll find out where it's located and let you know.
Posted via RS Mobile
catalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #7

Keyless entry receiver looks like it's above your glove box area on the passenger side. It's worth having that looked at it unless you're going to jump into a new keyless/alarm system.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

That's how the keyless electrical crapped out on the old lady' s focus. Sitting in the parking waiting for her on a hot day. its never worked since.
rust1d is offline   Reply With Quote