REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   NEVER trust private modder (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685405-never-trust-private-modder.html)

Cardude3 06-19-2013 11:58 AM

NEVER trust private modder

Sorry guys it is gonna be kinda long.
I had two private car modder that modded my car, and let me tell you guys, NEVER HAND UR CAR OVER TO PRIVATE PEOPLE. They screwed up multiple things causing me an expense of almost 2k in cash. Also, they do not take responsibilities on the project, instead, they tell you to **** off and say I am not understanding for when they spent almost 15+ extra hours doing my car. However, I do not see the point of that when they promised me they will finish the job with $1100, and the extra hours they spent are mostly used to fix the screws up they did on my car. (but the car is still screwed up as this moment)
Here are the shit they did:
1) I paid total of $1100 for headlight black housing, clear lense swap, led shiet, switchback, and HID foglight. They said thats cheap, I do not know and do not want to judge.
2) The LED wiring they did totally screwed up the Air con system and dealer couldnt cover it under warranty, so i had to pay almost $2000 for one of the guy's mistake. Not to mention i had to take everything out myself since they just "vanished" after i told the dude about it. He blocked me on Fb, cellphone, etc.
3) Bumper side clips was badly deformed and broken off, they told me its normal and say that all shops use force to push bumper in. I will let you guys be the judge of that.
4) a HID foglight blew within 1 month and they claimed that it was good quality before they bought it too.
5) headlight screws(even the inside one after i baked it open) are all gone (but they claim that since its an used second, probably the previous owner did something) I wont judge, but ill let you guys judge. and NO they did not tell me there was missing screws during anytime of the progress.
6) the guy that did the wiring not only "vanished" without taking responsibility of the $2000 he caused, he took my wiring diagram($75), and never replied me after I told him the wiring problem.
7) They did my headlight (open, reseal) 3 times and still condensation on both headlight.
8) I had to give them the whole car when they were doing the headlight (which i understand is a must), but they promised me 2-3 days max, but I got my car back after 1 week...
9) his last comment before he blocked me: "You paid work we did and not on other shit like teaching me how to plastidip, answering question not related,etc." Well I paid for plastidip too, but it went bad in like 1 week after. Questions I asked are mostly related to the screws up they did on the headlight like (why isnt the hid foglight bulb turning on? There is condensation again, can you guys fix it? which wire did you use for LED lights because it screwed up my Aircon, etc.)

I am not going to say the name of the two people that screwed up my car. I am just here to warn all of you reading this. Do not trust any private modder unless they are a really close friend of you. I learnt my lesson after paying total of $3200.
Post any questions you have, I will try to reply them asap.

P.S. If you really want to know who screwed my car over so that you are aware of it, I can tell you in private messege.

and FYI, im just posting this to warn noobs like me, do not trust others to do your car. I did not fully blame them for everything because I should not have trusted them in first place.

stewie 06-19-2013 12:01 PM

you expected a quality job from a complete stranger working from his back yard???????

Fcukedd 06-19-2013 12:03 PM

You should be the one taking responsibility. Who in their right mind would take their car to some random people :fulloffuck:

El Bastardo 06-19-2013 12:05 PM

I don't see why you wouldn't post their names in this thread. For people who are reading this thread six months and a year from now who PM you after you've moved on from Revscene you might save them some grief and some money.

BrRsn 06-19-2013 12:05 PM

Why would you pay $1100 to do work that you could do yourself?

Hope you learned your lesson -- always educate yourself before you send your car somewhere

-EuroRSN- 06-19-2013 12:06 PM

Agreed, this is kinda your bad. I wouldnt go on craiglist looking for people to fix my car. If you want a job done right take it to a reputable shop and save your self a headache.

Cardude3 06-19-2013 12:06 PM

Ya my fault for trusting them, cuz I thought they were mature and responsible people, and they also did their own car. I know I fucked up on trusting them, but im just here to warn those who might hit my mistake again the future.

Cardude3 06-19-2013 12:07 PM

I am not trying to be mean or anything because I understand I fucked up on trusting the wrong people. I am just letting you all know about this crap

Cardude3 06-19-2013 12:08 PM

sorry for my language. Really angry atm lol

T4RAWR 06-19-2013 12:08 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1315930535

freakshow 06-19-2013 12:10 PM

If you're in the middle of resolving the issue, keep their names private. If you've already done all you can, and they still screwed you over, then post their names!

You're not really helping anyone unless you tell us who to avoid.

Lomac 06-19-2013 12:22 PM

Was his name Anthony by any chance? :lol

Cardude3 06-19-2013 12:24 PM

not anthony, I posted it back up there

BaoTurbo 06-19-2013 12:24 PM

Lol I really don't get the logic behind finding some stranger to DIY your car, when you can go to a couple RS meets and talk to some people to get some knowledge. Then maybe meet some buddies from those meets and pay them instead and at least have an idea about the capabilities of the people working on your car. I would probably even help the people working on my car on top of paying them which is even better.

melloman 06-19-2013 12:24 PM

So you went to random people, instead of a dignified car shop, and asked them to do a job.
You paid them (ahead of time I assume) and you thought they'd be legit?

Pay to play, and you clearly did it wrong.

Lomac 06-19-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaoTurbo (Post 8263582)
Lol I really don't get the logic behind finding some stranger to DIY your car, when you can go to a couple RS meets and talk to some people to get some knowledge. Then maybe meet some buddies from those meets and pay them instead and at least have an idea about the capabilities of the people working on your car. I would probably even help the people working on my car on top of paying them which is even better.

Hell, some of us will do it for free. Midnight suspension installs at a random member's house FTW! :fullofwin:

...okay, he bought us Ikea breakfast, but it was still cheaper than a mechanic :lol

Gazorcoop 06-19-2013 12:37 PM

Spoiler!

:suspicious:

snails 06-19-2013 12:46 PM

i dont want to be the guy to point and laugh but im too busy pointing and laughing, im sorry but these are all very simple things you paid wayy to much money for..

now i understand some people have 0 knowledge about cars but with such a simple task why not get your hands a little dirty and learn? its not like you were asking for an engine swap... thats how most of us learned, got some friends, scratched our heads a little and made many small mistakes... best part is that labor was free.

no one deserves to be ripped off, but if you are really incapable of picking up a wrench, bring it to a local shop, it may cost a bit more the first time but they are not just going to uproot and disappear if they fuck up. food for thought

ForeverYours 06-19-2013 12:52 PM

I'd like to hear from the perspective of the people who were paid to do the work

bcrdukes 06-19-2013 12:53 PM

Live and learn. Always bring it to a trustworthy shop. Lots of reputable sponsors here on RS.

Jgresch 06-19-2013 12:56 PM

What?

Post pic of car please.

TOS'd 06-19-2013 12:56 PM

dis gun be good. i think at least one of them is a frequent member of rs.

stewie 06-19-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazorcoop (Post 8263593)

:suspicious:

know him?

threw his name in facebook and first one that comes up is a guy from Burnaby with his Nissan in 100 photos all modded out...

cardude3...just throw a fucking brick through his winshield lol

SpeedStars 06-19-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8263612)
know him?

threw his name in facebook and first one that comes up is a guy from Burnaby with his Nissan in 100 photos all modded out...

cardude3...just throw a fucking brick through his winshield lol

:awwyeah:

Also, Just saiyan that. LEDs, Black Housings, clear lenses, or HIDs would not set you back $1100.

bcrdukes 06-19-2013 01:01 PM

I should throw it out there that OP's name is a little ironic considering he paid some guys to "mod" his car for him haha