REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #9201
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #9202
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
That's a goal! Henrik's momentum puts the puck into the net. It's not like he's hitting the puck with this glove.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #9203
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
fuck Weber fucking SUCKS it speaks volumes when he's out there as much as he is
Old 01-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #9204

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Watch PHX shut out the canucks and light up the flames on Saturday, by then no one will cares....

jfc booth injured now we cant trade him
Old 01-16-2014, 07:35 PM   #9205
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,318 Times in 647 Posts
anddddd Booth is out again
Old 01-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #9206
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
shitty luck for the nucks man lol
Old 01-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #9207

concussion, booth had a serious one before so done for awhile? cap spaaace
Old 01-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #9208
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
our powerplay fucking sucks.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #9209
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
The Hockey News: Insight on the NHL and the world of hockey

Gillis pls
Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #9210

A nightmare road trip. Getting outscored 11-1 because of a weaksauce powerplay and penalty kill, poor defensive coverage, and just not enough talent.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #9211

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
COL would resign RoR 5.5-6 cap hit easily
Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #9212
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Sullivan is a fucking joke for the PP
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #9213
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Canucks for the cup.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #9214
I bringith the lowerballerith

this road trip in one picture:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #9215

Makaveli's highlight video

Old 01-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #9216
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

going to vent some more
Mike Sullivan was with Torts in NYR
guess what, that PP sucked too

I didn't understand why the fuck Weber was on there. You finally get Edler back, which gives A LOT MORE GOD DAMN FUCKING OPTIONS on the back end, yet Weber was there...

It dragged on too long. Shit needs to be done, and if this "system" of a PP continues to be in place, no top 6 forward or whatever the fuck everyone demands will make a goddamn difference.

I mean...the guy had Rick Nash and Gaborik in NYR being the trigger and they couldn't do jack shit
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #9217

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
going to vent some more

I didn't understand why the fuck Weber was on there. You finally get Edler back, which gives A LOT MORE GOD DAMN FUCKING OPTIONS on the back end, yet Weber was there...

It dragged on too long. Shit needs to be done, and if this "system" of a PP continues to be in place, no top 6 forward or whatever the fuck everyone demands will make a goddamn difference.

I mean...the guy had Rick Nash and Gaborik in NYR being the trigger and they couldn't do jack shit
Well said, man. I agree 100%.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:32 PM   #9218
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
FRASER: SHOULD ANAHEIM HAVE GOTTEN A SEVEN-MINUTE 5-ON-3?

Hi Kerry,

So the Canucks are on the wrong side of a seven-minute power play (again) and this time, it was a 5-on-3 power play for the Ducks!

In all my years of watching hockey, I have never seen a 5-on-3 power play for that length of time. I've tried my best at looking at the play and I came up with a ruling of how I would have called it, would you agree with my assessment?

Tom Sestito hits Mathieu Perreault before the whistle blows - watch closely and you can see Sestito hit Perreault before the whistle blows. Tim Jackman comes in with his stick high which is met with high sticks from a few other players. Sestito then drops the gloves and drags Jackman down. During this, Sami Vatanen comes in from the blue line and puts Jannik Hansen in a headlock. The linesman comes in and while Jackman is down on the ice, Sestito throws a couple more punches. Meanwhile, Hansen is trying to break free and drops his gloves thinking that he's with a willing combatant. But Vatanen keeps his gloves on and Hansen stops once he's separated.

For this, I would define Jackman's actions after Sestito dropped Perreault as the beginning of the incident. As such, I don't think that an instigator should have been awarded here. To get them both out of the game, I would have given each five for fighting and a ten-minute misconduct. For Hansen, I would have given him either a double minor for roughing or a five for fighting and a ten minute misconduct. However, Vatanen coming in from the blue line and putting Hansen in a headlock deserved a two minute minor for roughing. This would have left the Ducks with a power play, but not a seven-minute 5-on-3!

As always, I would love to get your opinion as it's rare to hear a referee explain their calls in any sport. Would you like to see referees respond to questions from the media in the future?

Gareth Evans
Richmond, BC

-----

Gareth, I like your assessment better than the seven minute 5-on-3 for a couple of reasons.

1) As you correctly pointed out there was some initial response from two Duck players (Tim Jackman and Sami Vatanen) that was not recognized in the penalty assessment.

2) The second issue I have is that with 7:11 remaining in a blow-out Duck win, any subsequent infraction that a Vancouver player might receive would be treated as a "delayed penalty" if it was assessed prior to the expiration of the major penalties incurred by Tom Sestito and Jannik Hansen. This scenario provides little deterrent for Vancouver players to restrain themselves from taking penalties. Also, the more goals the Ducks might score during the extended two-man advantage would only intensify the frustration that Vancouver players were already feeling.

My objective in this situation would certainly be to remove the troublemakers from both sides to eliminate future confrontations or a potential gong-show.

I would also want to manage players' negative emotions if at all possible. As such, I would be very cognisant of not 'piling on,' or further embarrassing the Canucks in a similar way that Temmu Selanne demonstrated class by not celebrating his second power play goal of the night to make the score 8-1. Selanne seemed almost reluctant to shoot the puck on the 5-on-3 at times. The shot he ultimately scored - his second power play goal of the night - was not one of his best efforts but it still found its way past Joacim Eriksson.

Some game management - when the situation calls for it - is intelligent officiating! My penalty assessment on the play goes like this Gareth:

Vancouver

Tom Sestito
- 2 minutes rough (on Perreault)
- 2 minutes high sticking (on Jackman)
- 5 minutes fighting (on Jackman)
- 10 minutes misc. (continuation of a fight/resisting)

Jannik Hansen
- 2 minutes roughing
- 5 minutes fighting
- 10 minutes misconduct (continuation of a fight)

Anaheim

Tim Jackman
- 2 minutes high stick sticking (on Sestito)
- 5 minutes fighting (on Sestito)

Sami Vatanen
- 4 minutes roughing

The end result is that Vancouver would play one man short for five minutes since the minor penalties would cancel out and Tim Jackman's fighting major would cancel with either Hansen's or Sestito's. Either way, coach John Tortorella would place a man in the box prior to the expiration of the major penalty.
Fraser: Should Anaheim have gotten a seven-minute 5-on-3?

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 01-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #9219
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
From one official to another. Either way, penalties should have been given out to both sides.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #9220
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
we all know that was a joke. no explanation from a referee is needed to decipher what happened there T_T
Spoiler!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #9221
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
we all know that was a joke. no explanation from a referee is needed to decipher what happened there T_T
read this

I understand its too late now, but its fun to break this shit down
hahaha

At the end of the day, its opinionated based on what the official THINKS is right
Old 01-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #9222
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
going to vent some more

so many times you hear the name weber and see a screw up, time to bench him

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #9223
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
NYR PP% at end of last season was at the bottom 5 of the league for most the year I think they ended up being 24th in the league when all games were finished, not every player is going to have chemistry together but Mike Sullivan couldn't make it work with Nash, Gaborik, Richards, Del Zotto etc.

As of today game NYR is 6th in the league for PP% It was a brutal start to the season for them under AV, but as of late they have played great over the last 10ish games Lundqvist is playing great also along with the rest of the team.

Good riddance Sullivan
Old 01-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #9224
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
O'Reilly would be an amazing addition if the cost was one of Tanev/Corrado/Hutton.

But I question his attitude especially after sitting out last year trying to get paid. I understand he was an RFA, but most RFA accept their qualifying deal and bide their time to being a UFA. He wasn't the same level as Duchene even though in his head he thought he was. The fact he sat out really left a sour taste. And if the Canucks end up getting him, the qualifying offer is 6.5mil next year. $$$$

That said- he's essentially a more skilled Andrew Ladd-type player. And he's only 22. Exactly what the Canucks need.
LOL at thinking our bottom defence players will get O'reilly.
ROR is the real deal. Avs dont need anymore young prospects. They'll want quality in exchange.

And with the resurgence of the avs under new management. Wounds have been healed.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #9225
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Not to doubt you guys at all... but I thought during the intermission piece on Gulutzman it said that HE was the one coaching the power play?
Closed Thread