REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets

Non-REVscene Social Meets Represent! Sport our official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net
Now re-opened! All unofficial meets and last minute cruises arranged in here. Includes VLS/VAC Social meets for members to meet and interact. Sorry, no official meets and no paid events solicitations. REVscene is not responsible for meets and events posted in here. We reserved the right to remove all questionable material posted in this forum with or without cause. This is a free service, do not abuse it. #revscene. Follow us on Twitter | fb | Youtube | Vimeo

Old 04-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #501
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
It's not always about " me " mentality lol all of us want to enjoy meeting with people without having to worry bout cops fuckin with us cus someone screwed it for all. It's all about having some courtesy, if you don't then okay that's you I guess. Don't expect people to be happy about it, but it's obvious you don't care. Just my .2 cents
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #502
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,066 Times in 548 Posts
A quick edit of the photos I took. My first Thursday Night meet, I really wasn't expecting this many cars and especially bikes to show up. Very good turnout

Please "Like" my Facebook page as well

Rest of Photos HERE
vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #503
Banned (ABWS)

All yall bitches stop fighting over the LG burnouts/r/kool and enjoy the photos by vexor and the following video.
Thank you for all who came out earlier :beer:

maksimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #504
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Seemed like a great turnout! Wish I went, hopefully the weather is nice next week.
LeadFootLiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #505
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by importfruit79 View Post
Yea no doubt I do regret some things but you move on. I don't care what people think about me, this isn't high school anymore.
Posted via RS Mobile
now whats gonna happen, this guy is gonna try and act hard and start an actual problem, then police are called. great. now that the police have been called, the following meets wll have increased police precence because it makes the community look bad.
and all we wanted in the first place was evryone to have a chill night.

The reason there has been less police present latley is simply that people havent been doing stupid shit. revving, burnouts, whatever. so what you and 2 or 3 more people are doing, put the other 80, 90 cars at that same lot in jepordy.

so now in order to preserve the peace we try to educate people.
some people just wont listen
this isnt the fucking fast and furious. its thursday night at tim hortons get over it.

and your right it isnt high school anymore, so stop acting like you skipped 3rd period to go on a fucking timhortons run.
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #506
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i hate to be fuelling this stupid argument but..

"and your right it isnt high school anymore, so stop acting like you skipped 3rd period to go on a fucking timhortons run."

Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #507
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
hey theres also the supras who keep drifting out like fast n furious y0 someone said one of them is 1exotic .. o;

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #508
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
hmmmm

step 1: buy beater

step 2: drive slowly out of these meets infont of newbs

step 3: come to a quick stop infront of said drift kings because i saw a dog or something..

step 4: ????????

step 5: profit $$$$

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #509
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
now whats gonna happen, this guy is gonna try and act hard and start an actual problem, then police are called. great. now that the police have been called, the following meets wll have increased police precence because it makes the community look bad.
and all we wanted in the first place was evryone to have a chill night.

The reason there has been less police present latley is simply that people havent been doing stupid shit. revving, burnouts, whatever. so what you and 2 or 3 more people are doing, put the other 80, 90 cars at that same lot in jepordy.

so now in order to preserve the peace we try to educate people.
some people just wont listen
this isnt the fucking fast and furious. its thursday night at tim hortons get over it.

and your right it isnt high school anymore, so stop acting like you skipped 3rd period to go on a fucking timhortons run.
Maybe I did, YOLO
Posted via RS Mobile
importfruit79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #510
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
If all goes according to plan my FX will be at the shop being prepped for a Dyno Tune early Friday. So I will be driving a 100% stock 2007 Toyota Camry.

EDIT: And for the record I am not trying to be intimidating or threatening, I am trying to stop people from acting like imbeciles and ruining this meet for everyone else.
For the record it did seem threatening, saying you are going to find me next time you see my car..
However I invite you to come give me that stern warning next Thursday, I'm not gonna go look for a carolla , so come find me.
Posted via RS Mobile
Burnouts_r_kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #511

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
i think there was 1 decent semi angled left turn coming out of market crossing, the rest were kinda pathetic. you guys really need to kick the clutch or throttle harder on that exit to get better angles, initiate the drift earlier otherwise you'll run into the outside curb. dont be scared to lay on the throttle to get it sideways, hope to see some amazing improvement next week! #yoloswag
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #512
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

One thing I just have to laugh at, for being an automotive enthusiast, is the bickering which goes on by Revscene folks bitching at other Revscene folks and all these people taking the high road. I've been to a few Revscene gatherings and observed antics from all sides, including those who claim to be the immaculate righteous ones. It's easy to pick your cars out since you have pics plastered all over the place. Well...I attend probably 35 different car shows and meets of all makes each year....and it seems that it's only the Asian-Japanese-Revscene-Honda , drifters meets which get all the heat from the police and it's always the Revscene type crowd which has cars crashing to and from the meets, drivers doing dumb burnout where they should not be, cars which are non compliant with the MVA etc. GEE...I wonder why that is...

Maybe all you guys should grow the fuck up and get some cajones. Call the RCMP, give them a courtesy call, and get a few cars to swing on by and ticket the wankers who can't drive or make total fools of themselves. Maybe they will Hand a few tickets out too. If your car would bring heat by a passing officer...you're doing it wrong too.

I don't know WHY this forum and just a select few car enthusiast clubs around town have this problem with irresponsible members.....absolutely pathetic Revscene folks...and all the knocking of WCCE is growing really old. a lot of Revscene members need to grow the fuck up.
UGOTTABEKIDDING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #513
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I just like to come out and socialize and meet new people, talk to friends, drink coffee. It's a nice escape from my regular daily life. Talk to people with like minds and similar interests and just hang out.

The only reason people are asking others to calm down in the parking lot and while exiting is that the RCMP could contact the owners of the lot, and have them ban us from taking over the lot at a future time. We all love cars, love to show off our cars, but I think this meet is more about people than it is about the cars, it's not a car show, or a competition and no prizes will be handed out for best of show, or best burnout.

If you notice, we are talking about BOTH THINGS when we say unwanted attention, the way the people on the lot conduct themselves (in and out of their vehicles) AND the garbage left in the lot afterwards.

Nobody is saying that any of us are saints, of course we all have modded cars and such and such that are against laws and stuff, but lets not get into that. That's not what I am trying to say, It's about how we conduct ourself in a lot that doesn't belong to us. This area has been great to us, a lot of other lots kick us out when the group gets too big or when it gets to a certain time. So lets all not ruin this.

My humble request is that we all take this into consideration when utilizing this place. We are seen as a group, and not as individuals. Let's make the best impression we can.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #514
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTTABEKIDDING View Post
One thing I just have to laugh at, for being an automotive enthusiast, is the bickering which goes on by Revscene folks bitching at other Revscene folks and all these people taking the high road. I've been to a few Revscene gatherings and observed antics from all sides, including those who claim to be the immaculate righteous ones. It's easy to pick your cars out since you have pics plastered all over the place. Well...I attend probably 35 different car shows and meets of all makes each year....and it seems that it's only the Asian-Japanese-Revscene-Honda , drifters meets which get all the heat from the police and it's always the Revscene type crowd which has cars crashing to and from the meets, drivers doing dumb burnout where they should not be, cars which are non compliant with the MVA etc. GEE...I wonder why that is...

Maybe all you guys should grow the fuck up and get some cajones. Call the RCMP, give them a courtesy call, and get a few cars to swing on by and ticket the wankers who can't drive or make total fools of themselves. Maybe they will Hand a few tickets out too. If your car would bring heat by a passing officer...you're doing it wrong too.

I don't know WHY this forum and just a select few car enthusiast clubs around town have this problem with irresponsible members.....absolutely pathetic Revscene folks...and all the knocking of WCCE is growing really old. a lot of Revscene members need to grow the fuck up.
Your rant makes pretty well no sense, and it doubles back on itself, and then right at the end you make it clear that you are in some way butthurt about WCCE and obviously affiliated with them someway. So let me clear somethings up for you:

A) This thread has nothing to do with WCCE, that thread was locked and everyone agreed the bashing was uncalled for and unnecessary and we moved on, the reason that even happened was from a few members who rightfully so were upset after their cars were damaged at that meet. And they do have some right to complain given the fact that an organizer was caught on film asking one of the very first offenders to commit the act that started almost everything. Again though that is neither here nor there and we are all past that issue, except for you that is.

B) The Thursday night meets are not a sanctioned RS event, it is simply a weekly parking lot meet that has garnished a certain critical mass that it gets a lot of attention, people bashing it are not reflecting on RS or WCCE directly. What it reflects on is the entire Vancouver car community, and therefore it has the possibility of creating huge problems for everyone who is into cars if a major incident happens or it gets into the media in a bad way (or even just the people who pass into the area).

C) The fact that this is just a parking lot meet means that there are no volunteers, there are no designated people running the meets, and that leaves it up to each individual and each group to police themselves and to act respectfully and responsibly.

You are right about one thing, but then you do a lateral move from it and your post falls apart, that point is that the members of Revscene are the exact same people that go to all those other meets too. I have said this before, there isn't some secondary group of automotive enthusiasts that magically sprouts out of the ground just to attend meets. Its the same people who come to the WCCE event that came to the RS spring meet, and DTP, and ImportFest, etc.

Sure there may be a few extras here and there that may not come out to one particular groups events cause of some difference but by and large many of the same cars you saw at WCCE were the ones at RS, and were the ones at the Thursday meets. But by and large the core group of people who I know off of RS (the really active members, many of which are monitoring this thread, and such) are extremely well behaved and understand meet etiquette. The people causing the problems are many times members as well, but they are not high posting people, people such as burnouts_r_kool and the likes. If I was to ever catch someone like snails, or Nicotine or anyone like that trying BS like that at a meet I would be on here that same night roasting their asses to make sure they never do it again (Sorry snails and Nicotine, I just know you guys are regulars and both are respectful, I also know their vehicles and can pick them out in a crowd immediately).

Calling the RCMP has nothing to do with having "Cajones" or anything like that, it should be a call that never has to be made. People should just not act like imbeciles and act considerate and we would never have any problems. Again though if it is something that we do continue to have problems I will start taking down plates and video and I will report those individuals to the RCMP. BUT why does it have to come to that? That brings negative and unwanted attention to our group and this meet and I would rather that not be the case.

And if you think I am talking from some sort of high horse or anything like that, GOOD, because I am. My FB page listed in my Sig has countless pictures of my car in it, my build thread does as well, I post pictures of my car everywhere. You know why I have no fear in telling you this? Because I am respectful and don't act like an asshat at car events. I understand that what I do at car events affects far more than just myself and therefore I behave myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnouts_r_kool View Post
For the record it did seem threatening, saying you are going to find me next time you see my car..
However I invite you to come give me that stern warning next Thursday, I'm not gonna go look for a carolla , so come find me.
Posted via RS Mobile
I don't know what you think saying "Hi" means in your vocabulary, but on my planet it means exactly that. I plan to introduce myself, put a name and a face to your username. I like meeting new people as many on the boards who know me will attest too.

For the last time I gave you both my warning, and I have also pleaded with you above (as have other members) try to be respectful and if you want to do burnouts and drifts take it far away from the meets. We do not want the negative behavior of one person to cause trouble for all the other people who are doing nothing wrong.

EDIT: Maksimizer and Vex, great pics and video. Sorry about the on going battle.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 04-11-2014 at 10:36 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
I just like to come out and socialize and meet new people, talk to friends, drink coffee. It's a nice escape from my regular daily life. Talk to people with like minds and similar interests and just hang out.

The only reason people are asking others to calm down in the parking lot and while exiting is that the RCMP could contact the owners of the lot, and have them ban us from taking over the lot at a future time. We all love cars, love to show off our cars, but I think this meet is more about people than it is about the cars, it's not a car show, or a competition and no prizes will be handed out for best of show, or best burnout.

If you notice, we are talking about BOTH THINGS when we say unwanted attention, the way the people on the lot conduct themselves (in and out of their vehicles) AND the garbage left in the lot afterwards.

Nobody is saying that any of us are saints, of course we all have modded cars and such and such that are against laws and stuff, but lets not get into that. That's not what I am trying to say, It's about how we conduct ourself in a lot that doesn't belong to us. This area has been great to us, a lot of other lots kick us out when the group gets too big or when it gets to a certain time. So lets all not ruin this.

My humble request is that we all take this into consideration when utilizing this place. We are seen as a group, and not as individuals. Let's make the best impression we can.
couldn't have said it better myself
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #516
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
man.. what happened to just going for the cars?
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #517
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Oh man, I forgot to upload my photos that I edited at like, 3 am lol.

kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2014, 03:23 AM   #518
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
^ everytime I see a picture of my car from the front, Im reminded that my lip needs to be fixed.

Buuut I know that the second I pull out of the garage, it's gonna get mashed and tweak again.
Posted via RS Mobile
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #519
RS Lurker, I don't post!

is anyone welcome to these meets? I may be driving down in August with my car and was hoping to check out the automotive scene in Vancouver
SubieSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #520
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieSTI View Post
is anyone welcome to these meets? I may be driving down in August with my car and was hoping to check out the automotive scene in Vancouver
yeapppp come on down. Just don't drive like an idiot
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #521
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
yeapppp come on down. Just don't drive like an idiot
no worries on that haha. We have a Winnipeg based forum where we host weekly car meets as well.
Top Tier Imports - Forum

although its probably not as big as Revscene though
Old 04-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #522
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieSTI View Post
no worries on that haha. We have a Winnipeg based forum where we host weekly car meets as well.
Top Tier Imports - Forum

although its probably not as big as Revscene though
You have the STI on TE37's? Manitoba plates.

Great lookin car. Absolutely the meets are open to anyone and everyone (it is after all just a public parking lot).

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #523
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
You have the STI on TE37's? Manitoba plates.

Great lookin car. Absolutely the meets are open to anyone and everyone (it is after all just a public parking lot).
thanks! that car is my DD/project atm, I'm currently in the process of getting it ready for a big turbo upgrade. Hopefully i'll be bringing my car down then this August, I've been wanting to check out the car community for a while!
Old 04-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #524
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post
Whats wrong with ur shocks?
Custom suspension. Size is not that perfect. Front shocks are too long so can't go low enough. lol
devilcocoa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #525
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Couldnt make it last week, but damn looks like an awesome turn out. Its really too bad some kids have to ruin it for everyone. Anyways, I wont beat a dead horse..

..purpose of this post is that I got some new toys and I cant wait to bring 'em out in a week or two when I get tires!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3.JPG (141.3 KB, 0 views)