REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Cheap places/sites to order Toyota Type-IV ATF and PS fluid?

Going to do a drain/flush of my AT and PS, looking for Type-IV and PS fluid for my Is300. Just wondering, where else can i pick this up locally for cheap (i know i can pick it up at the dealership)? Looking for at least 4L's for ATF and a 2L's for PS. Also, any suggestions on places cross border, or online wise is cool too. Thanks
Advertisement
604_EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
I order my oem lexus parts from Sewell Lexus and have it shipped to Point Roberts.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

a drain and fill on the auto trans of an IS300 takes 1.9L of fluid...

this may not be moderator/forum friendly, but i can give you a deal on the T-IV transmission fluid required and the dexIII required for your power steering system... however, i recommend you get the power steering system done via a flush machine to avoid risking damage to the pump... you don't wanna risk running that dry... i can do a deal on that as well if you like... we would end up using a power steering specific synthetic light hydraulic oil rather than dexIII trans fluid for your power steering...

email me for details...

moderators, if you feel the need to take this off because it's advertising, i understand and respect your decision to do so...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
RS controls my life!

^^Psst, is that the case for me as well? I was wondering why my PS fluid wasn't red..

Also about time I get the same things done as OP.
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #5

Yea, i ordered a bunch of stuff from Sewell when i had to do my major service (tbelt/water pump/all the knick knacks etc.)

Fluids wise, i prefer to stick with all OEM toyota

For my AT, i was planning to do something like this:

For my PS, i'll be first taking out all the old fluid by using a baster to pull out all liquids. hooking a 3/8 line to the return, i'll then fill up with new fluid and start "flushing" out the old fluid by turning the steering wheel left/right, so that it pumps out the old fluid while i refill it with new. Something like this: http://my.is/forums/f67/is300-power-...-flush-340996/

I'll PM you about the deal narfy. thanks!
Old 07-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
I don't get it

autohaus AZ ship to states then pick up
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #7

i don't know if i'd do the AT flush like that... in theory, it works, but in practice, it's tough... if it was mine, i'd just do a drain and fill every oil change until your fluid is clean...

and please EMAIL ME!!

and yes, jtrinh, u'd get the same deal on parts...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #8

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but really, go to the dealer.

While working in the car business I have found Toyota/Honda to have pretty well priced OEM Fluids.

Toyota T-IV ATF and even Toyota Synthetic Engine Oil are not expensive at the dealer. They should be under $10/L and max you can save is a couple bucks/L. When you only need 4L, its not substantial savings.

Be thankful you don't have a BMW that needs ZF Lifeguard 6 Transmission fluid that runs $40/L and needs 7-8L of fluid. I just ordered a full transmission service kit for my old man's car...

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #9

Yea, thought it would be cheaper to buy it cross border/online. Narfy gave me a great price that I can't pass up so to the dealership it is! Just waiting for my oil coolers to come in before I do the flush.

Thanks for the suggestions!