REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   iPhone5 Killed a 23 yr old Chinese Flight Attendant (https://www.revscene.net/forums/686256-iphone5-killed-23-yr-old-chinese-flight-attendant.html)

asian_XL 07-13-2013 05:55 PM

iPhone5 Killed a 23 yr old Chinese Flight Attendant

Apple: iPhone 5 Killed a 23-year-old Attendant of China Southern Airlines - China Navis

It is also on the hk newspaper headline as well. I hardly believe 5v can kill someone before burning the whole iphone down, probably her fiancé killed her with a taser, but whatever, RIP.

Quote:

Marc Allen(Ma Ailun), Xinjiang Changji girl, is a 23 year-old airline stewardess of China southern airlines. Her wedding will be held on August 8th. In the night of July 11, she connected others with her iPhone 5 that was charging. Suddenly, she was killed by strong electric current.
Liberation daily reporter confirmed this news from local public security bureau. The family of Ma Ailun called the police on July 12th. And the family said that Ma Ailun was fell on the floor when she was talking on the phone. The result of forensic identification is that the dead’s neck has obvious electric shock mark and the reason of her death is electrocution.
http://www.chinanavis.com/wp-content...n-Airlines.jpg

SkinnyPupp 07-13-2013 05:58 PM

Electrocuted to death by 5 volts? :suspicious:

Maybe she was using a cheap charger and had a direct line to the 220v feed on the plane? But even then...

And BTW Ma Ailun is the name of the president of Boeing China...

Lomac 07-13-2013 06:06 PM

Killed by 5v? Not likely. :lol

Vale46Rossi 07-13-2013 06:10 PM

Yeah 5V aint gonna kill her....

nabs 07-13-2013 06:48 PM

Theres sooo much more to this story that we're not getting.

RIP .

Geoc 07-13-2013 07:37 PM

inb4 "volts don't kill, amperage does"

But I highly doubt 200-500mA of 5V for a several milliseconds will cause burn marks on human skin or flesh

Hehe 07-13-2013 07:53 PM

I'm not pro or anything, but I'd think that the amount of electricity needed to kill a person instantly is insanely high.

And no, there is NO APP for that. :troll:

RIP

Mr.HappySilp 07-13-2013 09:07 PM

she looks hot.......
sorry I only came for the pic......

BBMme 07-13-2013 09:34 PM

Rip, very sad
Posted via RS Mobile

dangonay 07-13-2013 09:37 PM

Ever hear of musicians getting electrocuted (some have died) from touching a guitar or mic connected to an improperly grounded amp? I'm betting something similar thing happened here.

Ronin 07-13-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoc (Post 8280759)
inb4 "volts don't kill, amperage does"

But I highly doubt 200-500mA of 5V for a several milliseconds will cause burn marks on human skin or flesh

Current through the heart kills and your body's resistance is very high. A very small current can kill you. I believe it's something like 10-25mA. The body has tens of thousands of ohms of resistance so if you work out V=IR. So if 25mA * your body's resistance = the voltage that will most likely kill you.

I recently completed my electronics/avionics training so take that for what it's worth. I think this is how it works but I'm not 100% sure. That being said, I have received electric shocks in the past year from my stove, a faulty soldering iron, a meger (a device that measures extremely high resistances), and a helicopter...and I'm still tickin'!

Slifer 07-14-2013 05:04 AM

She was probably using a Chinese made Iphone 5 knock off :troll:

JesseBlue 07-14-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8280892)
Current through the heart kills and your body's resistance is very high. A very small current can kill you. I believe it's something like 10-25mA. The body has tens of thousands of ohms of resistance so if you work out V=IR. So if 25mA * your body's resistance = the voltage that will most likely kill you.

try megaohms...only way for that to happen is when the body is wet then the resistance drops...its when there is a low resistance going to the heart that you can get killed....they said the neck had signs...? hmmm i dunno but i'm not csi...

crazyazn 07-14-2013 08:29 AM

Maybe she just came out of the shower and her hair was wet or something

GLOW 07-14-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Current through the heart kills and your body's resistance is very high. A very small current can kill you. I believe it's something like 10-25mA.

they tell you that in first term electronics engineering as well. that's why when you do work you try to use the 1 hand rule as much as possible so current doesn't travel through 1 arm - across your body (heart) - and down the other arm.

Geoc 07-14-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

I recently completed my electronics/avionics training so take that for what it's worth. I think this is how it works but I'm not 100% sure. That being said, I have received electric shocks in the past year from my stove, a faulty soldering iron, a meger (a device that measures extremely high resistances), and a helicopter...and I'm still tickin'!

A small current like 25mA MAY have the ability to stop your heart, but it certainly can't cause scorch or singe your flesh and skin, especially not at 5V.

Verdasco 07-14-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8280802)
she looks hot.......
sorry I only came for the pic......

you see this as hot...? oooooooooohhh boy, you have been living under a rock for a few hundred years :lawl:

FerrariEnzo 07-14-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slifer (Post 8280985)
She was probably using a Chinese made Iphone 5 knock off :troll:

or a cheap ass china made third party charger... if thats the case, I doubt there would be any court cases of her family trying to sue apple, as I heard many of my coworkers are saying thats what they want to do..

sdubfid 07-14-2013 01:16 PM

"Her wedding will be held on August 8th"

should be an interesting honeymoon

Windstar 07-14-2013 05:14 PM

I bought a laptop charger one time from Ebay. First time I used it, thing smoked up and stopped working

impactX 07-14-2013 06:37 PM

Electrical Safety: The Fatal Current

Iceman_2K 07-14-2013 07:36 PM

Used a cheap ass charger in a non-grounded socket...

Bath Tussue 07-15-2013 12:38 AM

Most likely a fake iPhone charger.
This guy did an article on those: Ken Shirriff's blog: Tiny, cheap, and dangerous: Inside a (fake) iPhone charger

ae101 07-15-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8281053)
you see this as hot...? oooooooooohhh boy, you have been living under a rock for a few hundred years :lawl:

if u every been on a china south airlines u then u know that she decent looking lol

but seriously its quite sad to see someone this young lose there life

Yodamaster 07-15-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 8280766)
I'm not pro or anything, but I'd think that the amount of electricity needed to kill a person instantly is insanely high.

And no, there is NO APP for that. :troll:

RIP

There's a lot to electricity, one can be killed instantly by as little as 0.2 amps. Amperage is the killer, not voltage (to those who were speculating voltage).